Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic My Unreal Editor Tutorials (Read 2218 times)
JDKeller
Ex Member

My Unreal Editor Tutorials
Oct 6th, 2011 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Here are Videos 1 and 2- originally made for Evilgrins but will make more for others on other topics

Thanks Guys[/b]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eovfAc8E2gVideo 1 how to add monsters to Unreal Editor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU5GXk5-CxwVideo 2 how to add weapons and items

I will change resolution size a little higher next time and also remove all the clicking (it was baked into the video on accident) then add Mouse Highlighters for better tracking.  Enjoy! Any more requests let me know.

P.s- If you guys have a youtube/google account could you please subscribe and Click like in the video thanks!!!

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Re: My Unreal Editor Tutorials
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Gee it was actually focused when I went to the max size! I don't know what it is but normally when you guys say it looks good on the biggest size. it doesn't for me. But this one did.

Your instructions were clear and I could follow along, good job.

A couple of things I can mention. It is best not to click "Build All" until you are ready to test the map. This is because when it builds the reachspecs, they will continue to grow everytime you build (technically it is when the AI paths are rebuilt). Instead, you can frequently hit the Save button. The save button will save all your changes. Then when ready, do the Build All. This tip is very handy say when you are building a map, because you want to save frequently because there is always a chance the editor will crash, and it saves you from having to do a Build All all the time.

When you want to swap weapons and ammo, like you did with the pulse gun, this is something that medToggle315 can do, just by making changes in the medToggle.ini file. This saves you from having so many different versions of a map around.

Something you can experiment with: I have found that for some actors that when you change them, you don't have to "Build All", you just have to Save! You could try that with those monsters and see if that works for them. Again this would save the reachspecs from constantly growing in size.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

JDKeller
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Awesome, thanks for the feedback helen!

IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2011 at 12:49am
Print Post  
Anything to release the same map again just because of a few changes. Good idea with the Medtoggle.

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint