Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic DM-Foom (Read 7383 times)
Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

DM-Foom
Jun 20th, 2011 at 2:56am
Print Post  
I have finished my new map, DM-Foom. It is on the server, and here is the file to download:

http://www.birdieman.com/downloads/dm-foom.zip

BTW, this map is best viewed using OpenGL as your renderer for UT.

Screenshots in next post.
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2011 at 4:52pm by Helen »  

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Re: DM-Foom
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2011 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Screenshots! To see the entire picture, either click on it once, or scroll down to the end of the post, where there will be a horizontal scrollbar.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2011 at 5:32am
Print Post  
Wow! That is pretty. I still haven't heard any gripes about it yet so I'll download it in a week or so just to give the complainers a little more time to find issues.

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Hook
privatehook

Hello, I am Hook

Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2011 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
So far, it is a real hit on CMM and CLD!!! Cheesy

=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net

Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #4 - Jun 26th, 2011 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
I got to play it. Leave it to me to complain about something. LOL. Here is what I found about it "In MY Humble Opinion"

I love the map and I think it has a real smooth flow to it. I think it is very good looking. I do have two things to mention though.

1. I feel the whole this has too much of a blue or grayish hue to it. I would have liked some more reds, oranges and yellows in it.

2. I struggled with being able to see rooftops that I could not get on to. I don't know how to deal with that. I spent lots of time trying to get to places that looked available to me be but found myself getting shot in the back while trying to reach unreachable locations on the map.

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #5 - Jun 28th, 2011 at 1:41am
Print Post  
Thanks for the points.

1. The blue hue - up top i think this works well, it acts as the shade part that contrasts with the setting sun parts. However down below I continued to use the same blue. I could have/should have mixed that up a little. At the time I was awestruck at how good it looked lol. (This was my best lighting effort). But now I suppose my standards are higher and I could do better lighting in spots that don't have sunshine, but rather artificial light. Higher standards? What am I talking about! I'm never doing a map this involved again! Am I? lol.

2. Just for you, a visual pictorial of the roofs and up high spots you are allowed access to. If it is not in one of these pics, you can't get to it.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hermskii
privatehook

Reply #6 - Jun 29th, 2011 at 4:11am
Print Post  
I'll have to get back in there and try some more to get up there. Thanks! By the way, after you left the other night the other players started telling me about what a cool server it was as though I owned it. I just wanted you to know that the people are liking what you have going on here. Me too. Nice job!

~Peace~

Hermskii
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #7 - Jun 29th, 2011 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
On your other post on your forum, you also mentioned "I left", which I didn't understand at the time, but seeing you say it again made me think about it, and I realize what probably happened. I in fact had to reboot my PC. So it probably went like this:
- I joined
- you shortly went for cigarette after (tch tch)
- I then froze, and had to reboot
- during the time I was away, you must have come back? and thought I had left? and then you went to Hook's I think.
- Meanwhile I got back in, and Mp50 and I played for another hour.

Towards the end I commented to Mp50 that you must have been chainsmoking lol, because to me it seemed you never came back.

As I was saying, I PREFER dialing it down. I can do mega-competitive out of interest's sake, but it is not my first choice anymore. That first night you and jr. showed up, that was one of the best times I've had!

What am I trying to do here. I'm trying to get you to enjoy your stay. How can you enjoy your stay if you get owned lol. No let's get real here, you have genuinely beat me a few times, old chap. Your method of "Charrrrgge!" is not so good from long range, but if we stumble upon each in close range, it's usually bad news for me.

Anyways I really shouldn't be typing this at work!    Smiley

Edited:
Oh, and, to eat some humble pie, when I ramp it up (like against Mp50 for example)... I usually still lose, heh. It's not like there's that much dif.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

medor

Hello

Reply #8 - Jun 30th, 2011 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
The colors of this map gives an idea for a mode
But surely it's probably silly fun.
Set a timer for TDM map alternating blue and red decor

IP Logged

Ray