Server bandwith exceeded - redirects will be non-existent

Started by Helen, Dec 26, 2024, 10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helen

On Dec 22nd, I get email from host saying the monthly bandwidth for my redirect site is at 90% of the limit, and predicted to hit its limit by the 25th. (First time I've even got a warning, the server has really been hopping this month). So I contact the host saying I will upgrade, and the support replied, but the billing department is on holiday, so it hasn't been upgraded yet. Meanwhile the limit got exceeded on the 24th. I think that any new player trying to join is suffering the slow download and won't bother to join. And if you are a regular but get a slow download, you will have to live with it until I can get my plan upgraded.

Meanwhile, make sure to eat too much and drink too much.
One of the Scriveners.

RiTALiN

Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

medor

if they close you can put the server on -lanplay

like this for example

@echo off
:10
cd System

ucc server CTF-Lucius?game=Botpack.CTFGame?mutator=MVES.MapVote,UTBots2b.UTBots,PlayerAnnouncer4.Announce -lanplay %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 -log=../Logs/server.log
copy ../Logs/server.log ../Logs/servercrash.log
goto 10