New Server Coming soon

Started by keller, Sep 17, 2011, 02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keller

I recently did a fresh install of win7 on my old PC and it has ut and ut2004 installed and will be ready to host a server soon, it has a static IP set to it, tested and works especially with remoted desktop so i can connect anytime(No monitor plugged in at the moment) I need some ideas on a server setup, it has been awhile, I was thinking a good TeamDM and CTF server so the members of HUTP and Hermskii's/Helen's could join in on some team games possibly with the deemer mod and mixture of old school. Any ideas or requests please send them my way, thanks guys.

Helen

None of us are running 'funnel' maps, you could do that.
One of the Scriveners.

keller

Ahh yes, so normal weapon funnel?  This would be a good choice under mapvote.

Hermskii

Tell me more of this "funnel". I have heard much of them but never paid attention. Really? Are they good? What are they?
~Peace~

Hermskii

keller

Basically one big funnel map with lots of deemers and weapons forcing players in a funnel manner

Helen

A common concept is everyone spawns in the same room, then to get to the weapons you have to go through a narrow hallway, or 'funnel'. If you get to the weapons and manage to kill whoever made it there with you, then you just fire down the hallway getting tonnes of kills as the others respawn and try to take away your advantage.
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

And that is considered fun huh? OK then.
~Peace~

Hermskii

keller

server is up, ACE has been removed.  About that error helen, it is your sound driver, Galaxy settings need to be changed in your ini for your sound here is what mine looks like.

[Audio.GenericAudioSubsystem]
UseFilter=True
UseSurround=False
UseStereo=True
UseCDMusic=False
UseDigitalMusic=False
UseSpatial=False
UseReverb=False
Use3dHardware=False
LowSoundQuality=False
ReverseStereo=False
Latency=40
OutputRate=22050Hz
Channels=16
MusicVolume=160
SoundVolume=200
AmbientFactor=0.7

[Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem]
UseDirectSound=True
UseFilter=True
UseSurround=True
UseStereo=True
UseCDMusic=False
UseDigitalMusic=True
UseSpatial=False
UseReverb=True
Use3dHardware=True
LowSoundQuality=False
ReverseStereo=False
Latency=40
OutputRate=22050Hz
EffectsChannels=16
DopplerSpeed=9000.000000
MusicVolume=64
SoundVolume=192
AmbientFactor=0.700000


Helen

Thanks. I had a couple of numbers that were different, latency and Output rate, so I changed them. I'll try again tomorrow night.
One of the Scriveners.

keller

I think the issue was my sound intro that I made from wave file I believe I fixed it, i just tried a bunch of maps on the server and did not get any crash(client side) so I hope I fixed it, I will need people to just test it out.

Helen

I tried a couple of maps, no crash. Also I can understand the intro now, it sounds like a voice rather than gibberish. It is too quiet though.
One of the Scriveners.

keller

Yes I don't think i'll mess with the amplification anymore I can hear it perfect on my speakers, my sounds are turned up in unreal and the music is usually off or turned down low to 1st setting, PM sent here and at HUTP