Where is Everyone?

Started by 21, Nov 27, 2017, 09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

21

Hi,
Where are you and why aren't you playing? Lol. 

RiTALiN

Starting the work week right, Puking my guts out & having a good old hangover @ 6:30AM on a Monday Morning!  ;D Sorry I missed you dude, I'll hopefully be around later this evening. I'll do my rounds and try & find you.
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

21

Were you watching the Grey Cup (CFL Football - National Championship for us)?   If you didn't watch, you missed Shania Twain getting delivered to the stage by sled dogs!  Lol....only in Canada.

Helen

I did not even watch the Grey Cup when Edmonton won in 2015!
Also, I wonder if Rit will say "who is Shania Twain?" Is she famous outside our borders?
One of the Scriveners.

RiTALiN

Yes, Shania Twain is famous worldwide, or at least she was years back, amazing voice on her, that does sound cool though. I wish they would deliver singers and stars via sled dogs here instead of just popping up from an auditorium floor, Kurt Cobain did well in his Live @ Reading performance where he arrived in a hospital gown in a wheelchair. So CFL....is it Rugby, Soccer, or .....
WHAT I KNOW AS......American Football?  :-?
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

21

It's our football!  3 downs, longer and wider field.  You can still win with 30 seconds left, unlike the NFL with the kneedown clock killer.  I wasn't planning on watching but it was a really good game, played in a snowstorm no less!  I might even watch more games next season.

RiTALiN

Actually that sounds pretty cool, When does it start up again? I'll find a way to watch it next season.
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

21

It starts earlier than the NFL.  Usually in late June.  A lot of the players are from the USA.  So there is some talent there.  Anyway, glad to hear!

RiTALiN

#8
OK.
Quote from: 5E475A484F42422E0
Where is Everyone?
Nov 27th, 2017 at 6:30am
Hi,
Where are you and why aren't you playing? Lol.


Seriously!!! Where are you guys?

If it helps to have times when people will be on let me know! I'll write up a document and post it each week!

It's getting to be snowy here at the Mountain and the Isle in time for the new year.
During this wonderful year of 2k17 I have played a bunch of you, but that was early in the year.
The only one's I see on a regular basis are 21, Helen & Clickhaze, Although Vankuss & Red_Dog have made some recent appearances. SweatyBetty! Echo! SubZero! Mr Hanky! D_Cups! Predator! Impactest! Medor!  The list goes on! Get on the server!!!! We miss you guys! Cap'N Hook! Hermskii! You too! No excuses! Bring your friends, your family, we dont bite, we just get messy with gibs and gore.  ;) 

Current Nice List: 21, Helen, Clickhaze, Teuch, Alexandro (Honorarily Vankuss & Red_Dog)
Current Bad List: Echo, SubZero, Mr. Hankymaker, D_Cups_of_Justice, Predator, Impactest, Medor.
Getting Coal in Stocking: (Fish Killer, Sushi-Chef, - (FaT)SweaTyBeTTy)
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

Helen

Nice xmassy colors Rit :)

Well I worked on next Misery beta ALLLL day today and half of yesterday. And now for the tub.

I guess people are just not around. Usually if a couple of people play on the server for hours (like Ritalin and I did on friday), it attracts more players. But that just isn't happening lately. Hopefully it's a phase.

I won't be handing out any coal. And I won't hang any mistletoe because there are no girl players lol.
One of the Scriveners.

Ray

Last minute XMAS shopping.

21

Nice job Ritalin!   That took some effort.  Maybe you should hop in the tub too....lol!   

RiTALiN

Ha, It's more mountain colors but I see your point lol. Nah I don't have time to relax in the tub, someone from China tried hacking their way into my UT Server root account 50+ times. So now I gotta deal with this host and have them block all unnecessary ports (Proper security is to close them all by default & only open what's needed, this should be standard not sure why they didn't do it but hey what do I know?) Also 2 players on the Isle so far today! Kijek & Anon.
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

21

This is a home server I guess?  Man what a world we live in! 

RiTALiN

#14
No this is a professional host. Which upsets me quite a bit more because they are supposed to have greater layers of security however their default setup sucks. But I have the ability to change EVERYTHING about it. Including custom routing, switching, VLAN's, and more. So the firewall is now in place, active and fully locked down, plus passwords are changed. So i've got the best of both worlds, home like access and enterprise performance & capabilities. If you want to check out the server its 185.122.59.73:6666 it's in London UK. & I found Teuch, he has been moving. So he's off the naughty list for Christmas. Found Alexandro too, good stuff people are re-appearing.
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

21

Your server is pretty smooth. I like the selection of maps and you have some maps I have never seen before.  Are you getting some players?  Good job! 

RiTALiN

Yeah It's getting some players, obviously less USA & Canada players but more worldwide, Euro/Asia etc, even with a ping of 230 its pretty smooth for me as well, I had about 4 or 5 matches there with Teuch last night and jojo who I've seen @ FMJ showed up for a couple games too. Honestly the UltimateNewNet which I hated before finally seems to be working for me. Now I just need to frag Medor around a little bit!  ;D I'm glad I didn't give up on the idea though.
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

21

You keep playing all those good players and you will be owning the rest of us!

vankuss

busy as hell

BUT HAPPY FUCKING CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY YOO MERRY XMAS HAPPY HOLIDAYS ETC ETC

i might go with some fraggings for a few days before this year ends (im on island)

RiTALiN

you were included in the good list this year and received many best wishes. And I even saw you ON Christmas. Cool stuff, definitely making the same post next year. It seems to work.
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.