My skins

Started by Ray, Sep 08, 2011, 01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray

I like posting the skins I do even though I rarely share them. Just funny that way I guess.

I've got ongoing threads at ut99.org & Hermskii's forum for the skins I've edited, sorta started one at Hook's that I'll be adding to today...figured I might as well try one here.

Most recent, plotted over the weekend, finally did it last night:



Blue Lantern:
"In fearful day, in raging night
With strong hearts full, our souls ignite
When all seems lost in the War of Light
Look to the stars For hope burns bright."




Red Lantern Corps:
"Blood and rage of crimson red
Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead
Together with our hellish hate
We'll burn you all, That is your fate!"






Sinestro Corps:
"In blackest day, in brightest night
Beware your fears made into light
Let those who try to stop what's right
Burn like his power Sinestro's might!"







Ray

Spidey Trek

The long story is here:
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/18729.html

Shorter, I combined a Star Trek: The Next Generation skin with Spiderman several years ago. Given I recently included Venom into the Sinestro Corps skin I made the yesterday, thought it was time to update the Spidey Trek one too...



...granted, I only really added 2 other Spidey-type faces...but you do what you can.

Ray

While I tend to play online as a Skaarj Trooper, where it's permitting, on my home games I play as War Machine. Not the ut99 version so much as the Iron Man one.



Mostly just LAN with others until I get other issues worked out.

Ray

Excluding the ones I mostly made myself, which are few and far between, skins I tend to work on can be broken into 2 basic categories:

1) Didn't have team colors

2) Had crappy team colors

Of those, some I'm willing to share with others and some are for my own hosted games...when I'm able to host at all.



Edited this one while I was watching the Family Guy version of Return of the Jedi. Originally called 'Veteran Stormtrooper', now it's just 'Stormtroopers'. It had no team colors and only 4 faces.



New face names: BP, Bum, Facelifts, Frank, Needed a Job, Patrick Stewart, Scientologist, Shy, & Spawn.



You can try and guess which is which.

Helen

You have a skin fetish, but that's ok. We need a UTA, UT-holics Anonymous.
One of the Scriveners.

Ray

Started a skinning project a couple days ago for Hook's place:
http://hooksutplace.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=1196

Couldn't get it quite right for what they were asking but I liked my original draft of the skin so I went back and team colored it. Mostly done but not all there yet, need to smooth out the back emblem a bit and darken/lighten other areas.





Still not sure what I'm going to do about those boots.

Helen

Wow that looks great!
One of the Scriveners.

keller

I like it too-good work

Ray

Yeah, but I'm not too thrilled with the Red team color yet.

Ray

With the Sktroopers I tend to put them in batch texture files of 8 or more skins. I've never done that with any other skinning project before.



Until now.

Decided to update my Thing skin but rather than make more files, I just built on the existing ones.





I may make more, I may not. For those not familiar with the character, he's surprisingly worn a wide range of outfits over the years.


Ray

Actually finished this awhile ago:


Darkened it up, fixed the boots. All team colors as displayed in the setups above.

Helen

Quote from: 7F6C73767D687374691A0Started a skinning project a couple days ago for Hook's place:
http://hooksutplace.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=1196

Couldn't get it quite right for what they were asking but I liked my original draft of the skin so I went back and team colored it. Mostly done but not all there yet, need to smooth out the back emblem a bit and darken/lighten other areas.





Still not sure what I'm going to do about those boots.

Can I be honest? I like these ones better. The have that detailed 'glint' off the black parts. Mind you this is only based off of these images, I haven't seen either of them in-game.
One of the Scriveners.

Ray

Yeah, thought of leaving them that way but I was pressed for time and had some RL stuff going on, so I simplified.

I could likely have just darkened the back logo and it would've worked nice.

Especially liked that I gave it a different skin tone than the other more standard skins.