Netspeed=0

Started by StivBators, Jan 23, 2015, 08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StivBators

Silly newnet. I forgot it set my netspeed to 12000 so I thought I'd set it back to 8800. This is what happens when you inadvertently set netspeed to 0 :
http://youtu.be/rKY12-L-L14

Helen

#1
Kewl. Weird that it doesn't replicate the bot, but it replicates you getting shot and fragged.
One of the Scriveners.

Hook

LOL - that might be a challenge LOL ;D
Steve Polge says that no player should ever draw beyond a NetSpeed of about 7000 max, so 8800 should be plenty and cover all.
Does NewNet somehow increase this?
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

StivBators

Quote from: 393E3E3A3534372869510Does NewNet somehow increase this?

Yes. If you enter a server running newnet, it bumps it to 12000.  :o No warning. Just adjusts your ini for you. What else might it be adjusting ?!?

Hook

Hmmmmm - glad I don't need (or want) it on our CMM server! ;)
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]