Some riff I came up with

Started by Se7eN, Mar 29, 2024, 05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Se7eN

I wasn't sure where to put this in terms of forum location, but I wanted to share this riff I've been messing around with.

I'm what we call a "Jack of all trades, master of none" when it comes to instruments - I play a bit of drums, piano, guitar and bass, but I'm not particularly outstanding at any of them.

Anyways, here's the diddly-doo:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW3M56OpeC0[/media]

Bonus sidenote: My buddy added some subtle organ and reverb to the mix:
https://soundcloud.com/alex-frechette-410378622/7-1a

Helen

Nice! Did you have a reverb effect going? Or is that just a nice echoey guitar? Good background for western epic of some gunslinger meeting his maker at his last showdown :)

I listened to the other stuff too, nice gritty cover of New Orleans :)

Yeah then you got me googling "how to become a paid songwriter", now half an hour later it's "bah" (I'm old and tired), lol.
One of the Scriveners.

Se7eN

#2
QuoteNice! Did you have a reverb effect going? Or is that just a nice echoey guitar? Good background for western epic of some gunslinger meeting his maker at his last showdown

Thanks for the compliment! I'm not sure if you've ever played the "Borderlands" games but a bit of inspiration came from them. No reverb was added to the riff in that video, it was just the distance of the mic+room acoustics.

QuoteYeah then you got me googling "how to become a paid songwriter", now half an hour later it's "bah" (I'm old and tired)

lol, relatable. Throughout all my years as a musician I only came up with about 9 originals. Not that I was actively trying to write though, mostly riffs that evolved over time.

Preciate you taking the time to listen!  8-)