D3D10\11 Unreal + Tournament Renderers

Started by 5L3V1N, Oct 21, 2012, 07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5L3V1N

Here is the D3D10 Renderer, plz read the readme and the link here before install.
http://www.kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/
Note: Although it states non Intel integrated graphics it will work on the newer chipsets. It wont "break if you try" and not supported.
Here is this D3D11 for supported graphics cards, same rule as above, excellent effects but does not run smooth on my system (more experimental modded D3D10).
As always, back up the necessary files first and read the readmes and links posted
D3D11 download link.
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2692
Enjoy,,,
These renderers produce extra effects - personally i tend to turn a lot of effects off to improve vis and make a cleaner view to see opponent better.

21

#1
Okay so I looked into D3D11, after reading the info the author said it was basically D3D10. So I installed D3D10.  However when I started UT it said I was missing some D3D10 _43 dll file.  So I downloaded it. Then it said I needed msvcp100.dll.   So I downloaded that.  Then it said I needed a msvcr100.dll. So I downloaded that.  Then my game wouldn't start...lol. So I went back to D3D9. It works pretty good for me anyway.   Actually being the inquisitive fellow I am I am going to try D3D11 right now.  Info to follow.....

21

#2
Okay just installed D3D11.  Same issues but different codes.  Back to D3D9 it is...

Helen

Quote from: 627B6674737E7E120Actually being the inquisitive fellow I am I am going to try D3D11 right now.

What else are you curious about, George? lol.

If you don't like the brightness of openGL you can always easily adjust it in-game with the F11 key.
One of the Scriveners.

5L3V1N

I find with a 11 it runs very jerky, but that is no surprise as my graphics which intel integrated HD does not even surport D3D11 though win7 is D3D11. There is from what i gather a few years back ENB ut99 modification which produced bloom effects (over produced) which 11 does far far better and more realistic. With these renderers additional components are regard if not installed already. I have found out from previous games that because D3D11 is part of win7 i does not necessarily mean that all older components of older dx are installed i had the same problem with Doom3 (from what i recall i was missing 9.0c). I used dx updater which install missing components from dx7 to current. As mentioned performance wise these renderers will hinder frame frate because of the extra features. They are purely "eye candy" and i found hinder my gameplay. D3D9 so far works the best on my machine. i'll put some screens up latter with differences.

5L3V1N

msvcr100.dll is the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable dll for projects created with visual studio. Multi use OS file.

21

#6
Open Gl 3.6/3.7 is not just bright. It looks washed out. The colors are not as rich for me. Otherwise a good renderer...lol.

5L3V1N

Here is another d3d9 renderer with bloom.
Detail destructions on this page, follow the config on this page.
This one does not special requirements to run except backup and copy your existing config and d3d9.dll and int.
ENB series
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2439

5L3V1N

As for open GL washed colour saturation you can adjust this section in your ini look for this section under OpenGL.
GammaOffsetBlue=0.000000
GammaOffsetGreen=0.000000
GammaOffsetRed=0.000000

Back up existing ini before alterations.

Adjust in small values eg

GammaOffsetBlue=0.100000
GammaOffsetGreen=0.100000
GammaOffsetRed=0.100000

Then back off brightness slider to desired level.
Fine tune the above against the slider over many maps to suit to taste.
If you are talking about win desktop washed out after ut shut down in gl mode as of yet there is not a work round except to try the latest drivers for card, This fault seems to be more common on ati - Rad cards?
Hope this helps  :)

5L3V1N

Sorry i should have added you can use independent values for each colour like this,

GammaOffsetBlue=0.100000
GammaOffsetGreen=0.080000
GammaOffsetRed=0.150000
or
GammaOffsetBlue=0.100000
GammaOffsetGreen=0.000000
GammaOffsetRed=0.000000

21

Thanks! I will look into it.  Maybe I will be able to kill Devina now.....lol

5L3V1N