Postings...

Started by Hermskii, Feb 16, 2012, 08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hermskii

Hey Helen,

You not posting much these days so you better be getting something else done that we all like. Otherwise, did your back ever fully recover or are you just screwed?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook

Quote from: 7577767A787A6D1F0Hey Helen,

You not posting much these days so you better be getting something else done that we all like. Otherwise, did your back ever fully recover or are you just screwed?
He's building that bike! ;)

Yeah, how's your back Helen? :-?
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Helen

back is very frustrating, takes two weeks to make progress, then it can be gone in one day. I am trying to spend less time on the computer, I spent a bunch of it just playing this week.
Thanks for asking, don't want to be glum, but I can't pretend to be happy.
I have an MRI in 10 days, hopefully that reveals something.
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

Have them do it both with and without contrast. Also and also very important: Stay as still as you can during the long MRI scanning process. It will make youre film much more clear for the reader. Sorry it is still bugging you.

Setup your PC on you like the BORG so you can walk all arounf and do stuff while still being wired in! LOL. No Helen. NO! I was just kidding. Don't do that! It is what we are slowly coming to though.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii

Let's also clear this up for me...you have a bad back so you're building what I'm guessing will be a mountain bike or trick bike or something. That the best idea? You know, to go riding on trails or doing tricks when you have a bad back?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

Though it is a mountain bike, I will be putting slicks on it (bald or fast tires), and riding it up paved hills for my cardio. My back probably has to get about 50% better before I could do this kind of riding.

I had been planning this build since summer of 2011 (before my back got bad). Even after my bad got hurt, I still kept ordering parts because hey who knew the back would be this bad?

So at this stage it has become a goal to get better so I can ride the thing when it's ready.
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

Good luck. Make sure we all get a picture of you on it when this fianlly happens. Get well quick.
~Peace~

Hermskii

21

I hope you feel better soon.  It's hard to enjoy life being in such pain. Take care.

Hermskii

Aren't you supposed to be showing us pictures of the bike as it gets built? Have you done any of it yet?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

A couple of things on that front. I found the perfect frame a couple of weeks ago on ebay, so I'm going to use it instead of the red one in the picture. Waiting for that to get here. Also just yesterday I realized I have the wrong cranks. I got these off ebay also, I went back and looked at the posting, the seller has the wrong picture up, so I bought them based off the picture. I emailed him yesterday asking for a swap.
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

Good luck! What color will the frame be? Why?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii

What's with all of those shoe boxes Helen? What in them Helen? My wife has a lot of shoe boxes Helen.

So in the last picture of the bike you posted where the cranks will be it looks almost like it's unpainted metal. I had to go back and forth between pictures to compare.

The closest thing to that bike that I ever has was  Huffy Pro-Thunder. I loved it to death. All my friends had Schwinns and Mongooses. I had a Huffy but was still a better rider than most.

OMG! I found 1 picture of it or at least the same thing that I had.




~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii

Each wheel weighed about 208lbs. No really! LOL. It felt that way when I tried to pop a wheelie or bunny hop with it. HAhahaha! Great memories seeing this picture. I haven't seen this bike or one like it in 30 years.

I don't even recall whatever happened to it. I think after it was stolen about the 3rd or 4th time I finally never found it again.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

Awesome pic of the bike  :) :)

Did a scan of mine. Rode it into the ground. Got it when I was 13, rode it until I was 19 even though my knees hit the handle bars then lol. I called her "the Sphinx"   ::)


One of the Scriveners.

Helen

Quote from: 4547464A484A5D2F0So in the last picture of the bike you posted where the cranks will be it looks almost like it's unpainted metal. I had to go back and forth between pictures to compare.

Here are before and after helper pics.





One of the Scriveners.

Helen

Quote from: 767475797B796E1C0What's with all of those shoe boxes Helen? What in them Helen? My wife has a lot of shoe boxes Helen.

Behold the bicycle shop. The boxes hold parts, you can kinda see my labels on the boxes. They read Daily Ride, Bits N Bobs, Vintage, NOS (new old stock), and New. What's in your wife's shoe boxes?


One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

Names, addresses and guns.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

So what did you do with the original frame? When will this be done? Your old first bike or last as a kid bike was pretty awesome wasn't it? Why the tiny front fender? Ever heard of a bike called a graeco or groeco. Something like that. I had one of them too. It looked like a motorcycle if i recall.
~Peace~

Hermskii