Name of this map?

Started by vankuss, Feb 21, 2013, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vankuss

-snip- check last post, this old issue was solved

Hook

#1
[size=12]Vankuss - Welcome here.[/size] :D

There are a lot of maps on that video - which one?
EDIT oh yeah at position 044 - sorry not me - anybody else?

Also, I noticed you posted about questions of MapVoteLA13 at UT99.org - we have a lot of answers on my forum - see my sig below. (we have an extensive section on MapVote How to there!)
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Helen

I recognize it, but don't know name offhand. I think I might have it on my harddrive. I'll look for it this weekend.
One of the Scriveners.

vankuss

To Hook: Funny, because finally I ended up visiting your forum (Hook UT Place), it had a lot of great info there ;)

To Helen: Thank you, let's hope :p

Oh by the way, is there a section where all the rotation maps of the server are? Like, a list or something, because I saw some cool maps I never saw before ;)

Helen

DM-LoVeShaCk

http://www.birdieman.com/downloads/DM-LoVeShaCk.rar

btw most of the kewl maps on this server are custom and don't work elsewhere :)
One of the Scriveners.

vankuss

Quote from: 02070E0A0D630DM-LoVeShaCk

http://www.birdieman.com/downloads/DM-LoVeShaCk.rar

btw most of the kewl maps on this server are custom and don't work elsewhere :)

AWESOME, thanks Helen!
I agree, some maps are very cool, I wish there was a good server like this in Europe =(

Thank you again !

vankuss

#6
updating: anybody know this one? i copy what i wrote on ut99.
im pretty sure i've seen it on here or played it on the mountain

It was a very nice map, here's what I remember.

Deathmatch; not too big, I'd say 3 - 6 players ideal load
- One powerup was located on a trap (I'm not sure if it could be activated or not from a remote button). There were spike walls. It could have been an armor or a shieldbelt;
- Main color was dark gray, almost black, maybe a bit of blue?
- There were jump pads in a main room that went above a lava pit;
- 90% It had a custom metal/hard music [EDIT! Might have been using the old Mayhem.umx? Maybe, maybe not]

Not sure, but I swear I remember the Quake 3 jump pads so it had those textures as well
The name might have had something to do with "house", "pain", but maybe I'm just imagining things. This name was most likely the "full name" of the map, not the filename. Other things: slaughter, hell, rage, suffer, murder, etc. Full name was "house of something" or similar stuff, "arena of pain". But the filename was different. Updating » Most likely it was named after someone, like "Dude's arena" or something. Also, again most likely it was part of a small map pack

More info as I keep searching myself: maybe it was included in some random map packs (very small ones), stuff for clans I think

Big  :highfive: for any help




EDIT
FOUND IT
dm-smackdown
also known as Whisper's House of Smackdown

RiTALiN

DM-DarkMind is similar and also uses the Q3 Jump Pad. Has a reverse pressure chamber trap with shield belt inside, and you can shoot the button outside on the wall to trap someone inside.

Trap maps are fun  ;D I love DM-HealPod][

Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

vankuss

Quote from: 3428152E24253228252124600Trap maps are fun  ;D I love DM-HealPod][


Totally!
just wish bots were smart enough to activate them or use them in some way. i know that in Pressure they know how to push the button, but not sure how to make them work in custom maps.

if i had to make a suggestion, i'd tell helen to make some quick fixes to the jump pads and other stuff like she only can do in DM-Smackdown 'cause that map really is awesome, when im offline i'll play the crap out of it with bots

i even made some fixes myself and added a texture with the name of the map, lol

Helen

Good job on that texture. I had a look at the map (had to download it), and I had seen that shieldbelt trap before, actually that's the only thing I remembered about it. I would not have had a clue as to what it was called though.
One of the Scriveners.