Your input in ut99

Started by Ray, Aug 12, 2011, 09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray

My very first 1st person shooter was Wolfenstein 3·D. The original one with what would be viewed today as truly crappy digitized graphics. At the time it was cutting edge.

It was the early 1990's. Go figure.

The point is, the controls the game had as defaults have pretty much shaped my control setting for every 1st person shooter since. I reconfigure them to that same basic setup, with a slight variation given that Wolfenstein originally didn't have a concept of up & down.

When playing Unreal Tournament, I barely use the mouse unless I'm sniping, all of my controls are in the keyboard:

Ctrl = fire
Spacebar = alt fire
Alt = Walk
A = Jump
Z = Crouch
Page Up = Look up
Page Down = Look down
Home = Center view
Q = Throw weapon
W = Throw relic

I use the same controls in every Unreal game. Had to litterlly cut & paste them into Unreal 2 as some of those moves didn't exist in the game initially.

[size=150]Question:[/size]
Do you use the controls for ut99 that the game has set for defaults or do you customize them a certain way that's easier for you?

Helen

I'm a lefty, I play with mouse in my left hand. My right hand uses the number pad area.

strafe left = 1
strafe right = 3
forward = 5
backward = 2
jump = enter
bestweapon = 0
minigun = 4
translocator = 6
flak = 7
shock rifle = 8
sniper rifle = 9
hammer = +

Oh and
[size=24]Suggestion: use the mouse[/size]
One of the Scriveners.

Ray

I've tried using the mouse for more but it majorly screws me up. I play much worse, I'm more of a close quarters fighter anyway...

Helen

[movedhere] random thoughts...   [move by] Helen.
One of the Scriveners.

21

Most of the time I use Keller's setup, except I have 6 weapons on my mouse.

scroll up-sniper/shock
middle mouse -lasergun/rockets
scroll down- flak/machine gun

I will have to give Ray's keyboard idea a try. 

21

Okay, so I tried just using the keyboard.  Yikes!  I can't do it.  I can't aim well enough.  Moving is okay but trying to look around and at moving targets is pretty near impossible. I don't know how you do it......lol

Hermskii

I use arrows to move, ctrl to jump, mouse to look around, aim, fire and switch weapons. Yeah, I have to have a mouse. I have never played UT on a console either.
~Peace~

Hermskii

StivBators

Left hand on keyboard, arrows for movement, ctrl to jump, num pad 0 to toggle crouch, numpad 1 toggle sniper and shock, numpad 2 toggle mini and pulse, numpad 4 toggle flak and RL, app menu key to throw weapon, pagedown IR on, delete IR off. Right hand on mouse, aim, fire, alt fire, and next weapon.  So many choices, still getting used to it.

Helen

Quote from: 6147425740705757320Left hand on keyboard, arrows for movement, ctrl to jump, num pad 0 to toggle crouch, numpad 1 toggle sniper and shock, numpad 2 toggle mini and pulse, numpad 4 toggle flak and RL, app menu key to throw weapon, pagedown IR on, delete IR off. Right hand on mouse, aim, fire, alt fire, and next weapon.  So many choices, still getting used to it.

if you made the keypad's 1,2,3, and 5 your "arrow" buttons, think of all the other buttons you would have within reach for other stuff!
One of the Scriveners.

StivBators

You may have something there. Will have to give that a try.

medor

Aliases[25]=(Command="adminlogin allianteam|pause|set input Pause unpauseserver",Alias=pauseserver)
Aliases[26]=(Command="pause|adminlogout|set input Pause pauseserver",Alias=unpauseserver)
Aliases[27]=(Command="getweapon ImpactHammer|Button bFire|Fire|OnRelease Jump",Alias=Hjump)

LeftMouse=Fire
RightMouse=AltFire
MiddleMouse=getweapon Grappling|GetWeapon BotPack.Translocator|HOOKOFFHANDFIRE
Shift=walking
Ctrl=JumpRel|DoubleJump|Jump
Equals=Mutate EavyAssaultPlus|Say I swich team
Comma=Nextteam|Say I swich team
Minus=ShrinkHUD
Period=ThrowWeapon
Slash=NextWeapon
Backslash=ChangeHud
f=FeignDeath | teamsay {-FLAG PASS-}
i=mutate bdbmapvote votemenu
NumPad0=duck
NumPad1=teamsay LOWER - LEFT
NumPad2=teamsay \/ LOW \/
NumPad3=teamsay LOWER - RIGHT
NumPad4=teamsay << LEFT <<
NumPad5=teamsay --MIDDLE--
NumPad6=teamsay >> RIGHT >>
NumPad7=teamsay HIGHER - LEFT
NumPad8=teamsay /\ HIGH /\
NumPad9=teamsay HIGHER - RIGHT
MouseWheelDown=PrevWeapon
MouseWheelUp=SwitchToBestWeapon
UnknownDF=ShowEmoticonMenu
Unknown5D=DoubleJump|JumpRel|Hjump

medor

No edit fonction ?

Left=StrafeLeft | mutate PrevPlayer
Right=StrafeRight | mutate NextPlayer
Down=MoveBackward
Up=MoveForward
Insert=suicide
Shift=walking

Helen

Quote from: 6961606B766961606B76040No edit fonction ?
There should be a "modify" button to the top right of the post.

Quote from: 6961606B766961606B76040Aliases[25]=(Command="adminlogin allianteam|pause|set input Pause unpauseserver",Alias=pauseserver)
Aliases[26]=(Command="pause|adminlogout|set input Pause pauseserver",Alias=unpauseserver)
What do these do?
One of the Scriveners.

medor

QuoteThere should be a "modify" button to the top right of the post.

I have not maybe i m not in a group forum who can do that ?

Quote from: 6961606B766961606B76040Aliases[25]=(Command="adminlogin allianteam|pause|set input Pause unpauseserver",Alias=pauseserver)
Aliases[26]=(Command="pause|adminlogout|set input Pause pauseserver",Alias=unpauseserver)
What do these do?[/quote]

This Alias=pauseserver is pause and unpause the server.
allianteam is the pass server (a hold server not work)


F7=ADMINLOGIN allianteam
F8=ADMINLOGOUT allianceteam


Pause=pauseserver

StivBators

Quote from: 6560696D6A040
Quote from: 6147425740705757320Left hand on keyboard, arrows for movement, ctrl to jump, num pad 0 to toggle crouch, numpad 1 toggle sniper and shock, numpad 2 toggle mini and pulse, numpad 4 toggle flak and RL, app menu key to throw weapon, pagedown IR on, delete IR off. Right hand on mouse, aim, fire, alt fire, and next weapon.  So many choices, still getting used to it.

if you made the keypad's 1,2,3, and 5 your "arrow" buttons, think of all the other buttons you would have within reach for other stuff!
Think I will slide everything over to WASD area, feels a little cramped for me at 1,2,3,5.

21

When I don't feel like dodging, I sometimes use a Logitech Precision gamepad in my left hand and a mouse in my right.  The two top buttons on the left side of the gamepad are for jumping and ducking.  It actually works ok.

Hermskii

I'm too stupid to memorize and try to use more than about 8 buttons in a game. New games with all of their options make my head spin.

5 - 6 butons in left hand and a mouse with 2 buttons in right hand feels perfect.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook

Quote from: 5456575B595B4C3E0I'm too stupid to memorize and try to use more than about 8 buttons in a game. New games with all of their options make my head spin.

5 - 6 butons in left hand and a mouse with 2 buttons in right hand feels perfect.
LOL - Ditto - pretty close.
I like the simplicity of UT - did right from the start. ;)
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Hermskii

Did my edit button disappear? Was it ever here?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

Quote from: 393B3A36343621530Did my edit button disappear? Was it ever here?
There's a "Modify" button. Or should be.
One of the Scriveners.