Redeemer Arena

Started by 21, Oct 20, 2014, 03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21

Just wondering if it is possible in MapvoteLA13 to add a custom game config line for a
redeemer arena.

This is what I tried and it didn't work.

CustomGameConfig[13]=bEnabled=True,GameClass="Botpack.DeathMatchPlus",NewPrefix="DA",Mutators="Botpack.RedeemerArena",Settings="")

Is this line correct? Or do I just need to add redeemer maps?  I also added the prefix DA-* to my lists but no maps pop up.


Thanks!

Helen

Browse Hook's forum, he has great tutorials and lots of help posts on the config for mapvote.
One of the Scriveners.

21

Oh man,
I looked at Hook's place and a few others. I am hoping he can help.  I looked all over.  Even Hermkii's!    I found all the other weapon arena's except Redeemer,Bio Rifle and Chainsaw.  I don't know if it's called RedeemerArena or something else. I will keep looking, that's half the fun.

Helen

I looked in the botpack, there is no arena for redeemer. So it must be a mutator you have to find and use.
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

I hardly recall how my servers work anymore because I set them all up so long ago. I checked my MapVote.ini file and it didn't list anything helpful there. Here is a copy of the batch file I start the {CG} server with. It seems it is what loads the Redeemer Arena mutator and also the MapVote and other muts as well. Take a gander at this:

:top
for /f "tokens=5" %%* in ( 'echo.^| TIME ^| findstr "current"') do SET TIME=%%*
if "%TIME:~1,1%"==":" SET TIME=0%TIME%
for /f "delims=&" %%i in ('DATE /T') do SET DATE=%%i

SET HOURS=%TIME:~0,2%
SET MINS=%TIME:~3,2%
SET SECS=%TIME:~6,2%
SET MM=%DATE:~4,2%
SET DD=%DATE:~7,2%
SET YYYY=%DATE:~10,4%

SET LOGNAME=%YYYY%%MM%%DD%%HOURS%%MINS%

copy C:\Servers\CG\System\Server.log C:\Servers\CG\System\ServerCrash%LOGNAME%.log
copy C:\Servers\CG\System\UCC.log C:\Servers\CG\System\ServerCrash%LOGNAME%.log

ucc server DM-Deck16][?Mutator=ArenaMatch.ArenaMatchMutator,medScoreBoard100.medScoreBoard,Pheonix.PheonixMut,BodenX2.KeepItClean,MapVoteLA13.BDBMapVote ini=UnrealTournament.ini log=Server.log
goto top



That is the whole thing right there. Pretty simple actually but it did what I needed so I left it like it is all of this time. Keep in mind also all 5 of my servers run from inside of one old computer sitting on the floor under my desk at home. Each starts up from a batch file much like the one I just showed you. I hope this helps you.
~Peace~

Hermskii

medor

QuoteNewPrefix="DA"

DA is for DA maps so you use DM maps
Not work you need have DM with a prefix or not.

NewPrefix="rDM" or NewPrefix="DM"

After that you need to have the same prefix low

List1Filter[0]=rDM-*
or
List1Filter[1]=DM-*


exemple with custom deemer
(bEnabled=True,GameClass="Botpack.DeathMatchPlus",NewPrefix="rdmDM",Mutators="Redeemer2k3.Redeemer2k3,Vengeance2k3.Vengeance2k3,SMoRegenBeta1B.SMoRegenAmmo,SMoRegenBeta1B.SMoRegenHealth,DoubleJumpUT.DoubleJumpUT",Settings="bTournament=False,bautopause=False,MinPlayers=4,bForceRespawn=False,FriendlyFireScale=0.0")

List3Filter[10]=rdmDM-RedeemerWar_1
List3Filter[11]=rdmDM-Redeemer-SniperHeaven
List3Filter[12]=rdmDM-(SuB)MaDNeSS

Somes redeemer and redeemer arena http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfiles/index.php?search=deemer&dir=&searchMode=f

Hook

#6
Here is a lot on MapVote ... (LA13 and v2)
MapVoteLA13 / MapVoteLAv2 (MapVote) Explained!
http://hooksutplace.freeforums.org/mapvotela13-mapvotelav2-mapvote-explained-t832.html

FYI - medor is correct about the MapVote syntax. Must be NewPrefix=""xxxDM"

Also ...
Unreal Tournament 99/G.O.T.Y. - *DOWNLOADS*
http://hooksutplace.freeforums.org/unreal-tournament-99-g-o-t-y-downloads-f17.html
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Helen

So you need a mutator. For redeemer ones, medor has listed a bunch. Or from Hermskii's post, we can see his mutator is called "ArenaMatch". Then in that config file there's probably a setting to choose what type of arena.
One of the Scriveners.

21

Hi all,
Thanks for the help!  I'm going to try out your ideas.  Take care.

Hook

How's the Redeemer Arena server going 21 ? :)
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

21

#10
Thanks for the reminder. Okay, just made a redeemer arena mapvote column.  Complete with double jumps, Helen's no self damage,  and Hook's screaming jumpboots.  I need more columns!

Hook

LOL - I know what you mean! ;)
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

RiTALiN

Woah....screaming jumpboots?  :o Are these the great one's that go WHOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO when you jump?  :-?
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

Hook

That would be those screaming boots - yes!
I have always loved those - makes me laugh!
Helen was kind enough to add them to my PirateDeemerCMM mod (built in), but they can be had on their own too! (separate mutator) - called: MyJumpBoots.zip or MyJumpBoots.rar
Available on my forums or just about any UT file site. ;)
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

21

Ya, I asked Hook a few days ago if I could place a few extra pairs around maps (mutator would do it, not me!). Apparently not.  I love those boots.  Wish I could do endless jumps with them.