CCProtector, a spawn protection Mod for UT

Started by Helen, Jan 15, 2010, 12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helen

This is a mod to protect your players from being killed the second they spawn in a map.
- You can see that a player is protected because they are surrounded by a teleporter animation, with 5 choices of color.
- You can set two durations of protection, the first duration is 100% protection, the second duration is protection until the player either fires or switches weapons.
- You can have the offending player incur a health penalty.
- Works for all game modes, including DeathMatch.
- There are a few other options as well.
[edit]Version 506 is now the latest.

Download here: http://www.birdieman.com/downloads/CCProtector506.zip

Many thanks to Dr. SiN and TheCatcher for doing the original versions of this mod. The reason I did a version was that while using version 30 on my server I noticed that the players with no team color were not spawn protected, so this got me into trying to fix that. My updates are:
- protects ALL players, not just players with a team color.
- charging the impact hammer counts as using a weapon.
- added option as to whether the translocator counts as a weapon or not.
- a charged hammer is considered a weapon.
- other minor fixes.

TheCatcher still has an active site at http://catchersctf.ohnosoftware.com/forum/default.asp
One of the Scriveners.

Helen

Version 42 now available, see above post.
One of the Scriveners.

Hook

I have not been able to get CCProtector42 to work.
At least I can't tell if it is working or not, but it doesn't seem to be working. (no penalties happening)
Could you put some sort of indicator - on screen - that tells you what is happening?
Like earlier versions?
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Helen

Hmmm, no rest for the wicked. You know, I never actually tested those penalties, I just assumed they worked from the other guys who originally made the mute, tch tch. I know I added an 'else' statement in there, but that shouldn't stop it working! (I hope, cross my fingers).

Can you provide these things to help me debug:
- paste your [CCProtector42.CCProtector] settings you were using
- what game type were you running
- paste a list of the mutators that were running, and make sure you list them in the same order you had, important.

As for drawing something, maybe! I took it out to simplify it, one version, didn't have to worry about relics version, and it was just a lame looking counter anyways. After figuring out any issue from above, I could just make sure the fix is in 40 and 41 too and u could try one of those guys and see if you like the counter all that much.
One of the Scriveners.

Hook

[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Hook

Which version are you using on your server now?
I played your server and it worked there.
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Helen

I'm using 42, and I know it works lol.

That is, the parts I tested work. Like I said it was not originally authored by me so there is a bunch of stuff in there that I just assume works.

I'd be happy to debug but I do need ALL the info I asked for above.

As an aside, I'm working on my next mutator, and I'm trying my first crack at getting something to display on the HUD. I couldn't get anything to draw last night though  ;D  But if I learn how, I could look at doing other drawing stuff like for the ccProtector.
One of the Scriveners.

Hook

Hey, that HUD works sounds good!

PS: I did get the 42 protector version to work on our servers.
Works great.
It was ONLY the Order in which it was set to load in MapVoteLA13.
I loaded it earlier than the other mods and it worked good.
Thanks!
Now, if you get the HUD to do some display of info for the protection mod, that would be icing on the cake.
MedToggle210 is also doing great - a great mod - my favorite! :D
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Helen

I'm glad you got it going. Your resolution means one of the other naughty mutators is not passing information down the chain like it is supposed to, tch tch.

As you saw in the medWeaponAmplifier thread, I got the HUD going. Right now I am doing a scoreboard mutator, it's kinda taking me awhile because of a side fix I am doing. But after that, I could do something HUD-wise for the CCProtector, now that I have a bit of experience. I'll get your input later, like where and what you want to see.

Hey I'm glad you like the toggle, someone using it is reward enough.
One of the Scriveners.

Hook

All sounds good to me! ;)

PS: I have toggle set up to run 4 different gametypes, but am currently only using it for 2 main ones - Team and Non-team.
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Helen

I read on your forum you have the shoot protected penalty at 100%! DANGGGGG!

Anyways, would you want to submit the .u files of all the mutators you use? Point being I would decompile them and see which ones fail to pass things down the chain, then you (we) would know which one(s) to always put at the end of the list. If you don't want it public you could PM me.
One of the Scriveners.

Helen

Quote from: 787F7F7B7475766928100Now, if you get the HUD to do some display of info for the protection mod, that would be icing on the cake

So what did you have in mind? I'll get your input and see what I can tackle.
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

Can you make a list of the stuff that does pass properly and another list of stuff that doesn't? Then I have to wonder....if I put 10 in my list and the first 7 are known to be good to go. Then I put the last three that are bad at the bottom. Wouldn't the first bad one of the three in the list not pass the call and thus break the last 2 no matter what? Did I say that right? Did that make any sense?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

Quote from: 5250515D5F5D4A380Wouldn't the first bad one of the three in the list not pass the call and thus break the last 2 no matter what?
Yes that's basically right. If that's the problem that is. Plenty of other things that can go wrong   :-/
One of the Scriveners.

Helen

#14
Have you noticed that the protection rings now follow the player flawlessly? I made that change according to directions from CodeX, so a huge thanks to CodeX because it looks awesome.

I'll have to zip it and post a link to it.
One of the Scriveners.

Hook

[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Helen

It is available now, I have updated the link in the first post.
One of the Scriveners.