show Local Time in ScoreBoard

Started by CodeX, Apr 07, 2015, 02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CodeX

Ever wondered what time it was at the other players, but were afraid to ask?  :-?

With this small mod you can look up the local times in the score board!  :o

It is a practice mod and not very serious. I tested it on my server and it worked.  :)

The mod has two game types, they are subclasses of DeathMatchPlus and Assault. The package contains a custom UdpServerQuery that disguises the new game types as standard DeathMatch or Assault. (see txt-file)

I tried to minimize replication:
Currently there is one main ReplicationInfo for the time offsets etc. and a "TimeRep" for each player that sends data shortly after login and when a day change occurs on the client.

The mod is intended for dedicated UT servers and there is no *.int file. If you like to test it, you can use the UT-console: open DM-Deck16][?Game=LocalTime12.LT_DM

This is a screen shot:



medor

Not work with custom scoreboard ?

smartctf smartdm assault140 AMLP_HaSm EUTSource ... ??

CodeX

It doesn't work with other custom scoreboards...

I suppose the mod can be converted into a HUD mutator, but then it would show up in the HUD and obstruct the view.

medor

Maybe you can be inspire with the snow in smartctf.

Hook

It is something I haven't seen before, and is nice!
I use Helens Custom Scoreboard.
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]


Helen

A fun idea. I can think of a use for it, now and then when I'm playing I wonder what time it is, this could show me.

As it is, it does have two major drawbacks, the custom gameInfo and scoreboard classes. That limits the number of other mutators it would be usable with.

It could be a hud mutator. But still a drawback is that it would be visible all the time. I myself seriously wish that a hud mutator could capture key input. That allows us to let user choose when they want to see stuff on the hud.

You could just handle the Mutate method and spit out the time information as a message.
One of the Scriveners.

CodeX

Thank you all for the replies!

This mod shows the local time of all players in the scoreboard, but I had no other client on the server when I took the screenshot. So there is only 'CodeX'.

Quote from: 6F6A6367600E0That limits the number of other mutators it would be usable with.
Why would it limit usable mutators? Please explain.
(both GameTypes are subclasses of DeathMatchPlus)

Quote from: 6B6E6763640A0You could just handle the Mutate method and spit out the time information as a message. 
Good idea! But I also want this mod to be easy to use for clients who have a hard time coping with mutate commands. Everybody can press F1.

Quote from: 51545D595E300I myself seriously wish that a hud mutator could capture key input. That allows us to let user choose when they want to see stuff on the hud.
What do you mean by 'capture key input'? Users may toggle HUD-stuff via mutate commands?

I thought about making it a HUD Mutator, but instead of being shown all the time, the information would fade in at game start or when a new player enters. (or when a mutate command is used)
But the 'fade in/out-technology' is somewhat complicated for me, so I abstained from it.

Helen

Quote from: 634B137250491717240Why would it limit usable mutators? Please explain.
(both GameTypes are subclasses of DeathMatchPlus)
Two examples directly from the mountain. I am already running my own deathmatch class (medDM), so I couldn't use your mutator. Also, in my medHUD mutator, I am swapping in my own scoreboards, so I couldn't use your mutator.

Quote from: 634B137250491717240What do you mean by 'capture key input'? Users may toggle HUD-stuff via mutate commands?
Sorry, what I mean was... let's look at the class that DOES work - the HUD class. With this class you can bind a key that will call a method in the class. I have done this with my own inherited HUDs so the user can show/hide stuff using the keyboard. However, you CANNOT do this with a Mutator which you register as a hud mutator using RegisterHUDMutator(). That was big oversight imo.


BTW I did some fade in/out stuff for the Rezzer when you pick it up, you can look in the medRezzer016.medRezzer class for that.
One of the Scriveners.