A couple of fixes...

Started by Helen, Apr 12, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helen

I think an update I did a couple of months ago was causing the location of bots and players to be laggy. You know, you saw them in one spot, but they were really somewhere else? ANYWAYS, I reversed that update, tested it with 15 bots, and I do think it's way better. I could be biased.

And I finally fixed that problem with the scoreboard, where it was showing your own ping as all over the place. Yayyyy!
One of the Scriveners.

Hook

Are you going to update the plain old medScoreBoard100 with this "ping" fix?
I get a lot of comments from players about their ping going whacky. ;)
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Helen

ubet, I'll do a medScoreBoard101 maybe tonite, or this weekend for sure.
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

How about a picture of you actually on the new bike Helen? Yeah, fix that mod too. LOL.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

I'll post a pic when I get rid of my spare tire lol. I wouldn't want to embarrass the bicycle.
One of the Scriveners.

Helen

Quote from: 212626222D2C2F3071490Are you going to update the plain old medScoreBoard100 with this "ping" fix?
I get a lot of comments from players about their ping going whacky. ;)

Actually, you have bFixLinuxLetters=false (I just joined your server for a sec to confirm), so the whacky ping display would not be this mutator. Sorry for the bad news :(
One of the Scriveners.

Hook

Oh so the whacky ping only shows because of the bFixLinuxLetters code?
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Helen

Indirectly, yes. When bFixLinuxLetters is true, I replace the PlayerReplicationInfo class with my own subclassed version, and it is in my version where the problem is.
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

Speaking of spare tires. I just bought two 42" belts. My current belts can no longer touch.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

Quote from: 4240414D4F4D5A280Speaking of spare tires. I just bought two 42" belts. My current belts can no longer touch.
May I suggest you start riding the bicycle...
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

hahaha! I need to send you a picture of my current ride. Good idea though! Thanks. My wife would love that!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook

Quote from: 5E5B5256513F0Indirectly, yes. When bFixLinuxLetters is true, I replace the PlayerReplicationInfo class with my own subclassed version, and it is in my version where the problem is.
So you will still need to fix it, right? (for when I set it to true)
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Helen

Quote from: 6466676B696B7C0E0hahaha! I need to send you a picture of my current ride. Good idea though! Thanks. My wife would love that!
I'd love to see a pic of your bike, for sure.

Quote from: 666161656A6B6877360E0Indirectly, yes. When bFixLinuxLetters is true, I replace the PlayerReplicationInfo class with my own subclassed version, and it is in my version where the problem is.

So you will still need to fix it, right? (for when I set it to true) 
But you're not going to set it to true because you said you had problems when you did. Because you were running VA, or Ressurrector, or something, right? I'll do the fix if you say you're going to use it though.
One of the Scriveners.

Hook

Actually, I was thinking you would fix it for anybody, not just me. ;)
And, if I get it sorted out, I would turn that back to true.
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Helen

#14
I thought you were the only one using it lol.
I'll do the fix but I'll take my sweet time about it since there's no rush.
One of the Scriveners.

Hook

Perfect! ~ Thanks! (for all) ;)
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]