I need a new server host

Started by Helen, Oct 14, 2017, 07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helen

I'm looking for a new host, any recommendations?

Any good stories/nightmares you want to share about any hosts?

Thanks.
One of the Scriveners.

RiTALiN

GameTracker can be a nightmare but their server's are cheap and decent.
If you can find a dedicated server slot for rental you can always use those, a basic Linux install can do wonders, install your UT, get it up to date and start making your changes, they can give you a lot more control for your $. Check out RackSpace and other major providers. You don't need a "Game Server" provider specifically. Typically their connections are true carrier grade with enterprise grade reliability and hardware.
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

21

#2
NFO....NFO....NFO!!!!  They have the fastest tech support plus 2 day free trial. Just wondering, what's wrong with GameServers?

https://www.nfoservers.com/

medor

NFO it is misers who is not interested in UT.
Gameserver is more competent
http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?p=172626#post172626

So Gameserver.




And may be i ave a friend which projects a management interface UT server.

This is one from his host for try
195.154.136.56    7727

He give free redirect in all cases
With the biggest and faster redirect for UT
http://uz.overmindserver.net/

And mirror my files
http://utfiles.overmindserver.net/






Helen

Wow so much information! I appreciate that. Where to start!
Quote from: 1F033E050F0E19030E0A0F4B0GameTracker can be a nightmare but their server's are cheap and decent.
I don't mind paying to avoid the nightmares. These guys might have been my first host, but I can't even remember.

Quote from: 3B223F2D2A27274B0NFO....NFO....NFO!!!!
Weird, in my searches yesterday, I did not even come across this one.

Quote from: 262E2F2439262E2F24394B0NFO it is misers who is not interested in UT. Gameserver is more competent
Misers, lol. Gamesservers was actually my last host.

My host history:


HostDurationReview
GameTracker?Dec2009.Aug2011Ok I guess, I know I had to leave because they couldn't support the stats I wanted to start doing.
gamesserversSep2011.Dec2014Just ok, I wanted more control over files though.
clanwarzJan2015.Oct2017Although I liked the control I had, the guy in charge is an idiot. There were many straws that were getting piled on the camel's back, and the last straw was more like a brick. Do NOT use this host!

So, redirect...  I have been reading how to do a redirect... is it as simple as this?
  • You need a host for your .uz files.
  • You set the appropriate settings for [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver] and [IpDrv.HTTPDownload] in the server ini.
Is that it?
One of the Scriveners.

21

Yes you don't need to use your server's redirect.  I have used UT Files as my redirect and they are pretty fast downloading compressed files.  If I remember correctly, you sign up for free to get the ftp password.  Here is the link...

http://news.ut-files.com/redirect/


Worth a try.  They have been around forever. I also download files from here and Medor's server for mods,etc.  Good luck!


RiTALiN

I am getting a 1gbps fully synchronous link soon from AT&T If your looking for hosting I'll have more bandwith than I can possibly use. So I'll let you know once things are installed and completed. :D Think of your ping H! You'd be at 20 :D I'm currently dealing with massive problems on some other russian server/host provider. They've been down for days now. Storage space wouldn't be a problem or redirects.
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

Helen

Thanks man but actually I'm all done, I have a new host pingperfect.com, and with it came a free sub domain with webhosting, so that took care of my redirect for free! I now will pay less for my two servers than I was paying before, sweet.
One of the Scriveners.