Ace Protection

Started by 21, Jul 23, 2012, 12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21

Hi,
2 things. 
1.  How much does ACE effect shooting and movement? 
2.   Can players still cheat with Ace running? For instance, on another server with Ace many of us played against a player with high ping and using an enforcer who won several matches with very few deaths and games lasted around 4 minutes in length.  I know I'm not a high level player but it seemed awfully fishy to me.

Hermskii

You are a high level player. They were likely cheating. Yes, every single anti cheat seems to have been beaten by a cheat soon after its release. Sucks really. Did you notify the admin of that server about that player and your concerns? You should. Good luck!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

We had an aimbot just last nite which I booted. Wham! Wham! Wham! Wham! Four enforcer shots in a row. Dead giveaway. (I did spec to make sure though).

Anticheats can only patch known loopholes. Then someone finds another loophole. Then the anticheat author releases the next version to catch that one. Etc etc.

If the anticheat has code that processes during the game then it has the potential to affect gameplay. Depends how much processing it has to do.
One of the Scriveners.

21

I notice that I really slow up on Ace servers.  Can't dodge or aim all that well.  I figured someone had a way through Ace.

Thanks

Ray

I'm not a cheat or an aimbot. My enforcer shoots redeemers.

Hee hee!