300k on the Island

Started by clickhaze, May 22, 2018, 05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clickhaze

I suppose this means another year has passed or something. ::)



Do feel a bit like Crusoe on the Island these days, UT'99 player count dwindling all the time, but the bots keep me company at least, and I've had my 500+ FPH On All Maps and 30-0 On All Maps projects to take care of, although I believe they are about done as well.

Maybe time to retire. Again. :P
Tick-raped since 2002...

Helen

Quote from: 7E68707F7C647C751D0I suppose this means another year has passed or something.
It means you are now more infamous than last year :)
Way to go on 300 grand, a spectacular achievement.

Retirement talk, I hear ya, my interest is not as fervent as it was, but I will always keep the servers up, no worries there. They will always be there for when us semi-retirees get up the energy :)

You know when I first started the island server, I was working from home, so I played a lot during what was noon hour for me, but was evening for europe. Because I was always on, eventually we got a pretty good following going. When I could not play during noon anymore, it's a bit of a bummer the other regulars petered out :(

Anyway, it will cycle I'm sure.
One of the Scriveners.

Hook

Yes, I shudder me bones every year at the start of Summer when the players dwindle a bit and I think UT is dying, but then they come back. :D
Seems to happen every Summer and a few times every year. :-/
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

21

300000 Frags!   Way to go!  I would play there but my connection is terrible.  Take a week off and come back! 

RiTALiN

#4
Congrats man! Nicely done, my buddy Echo has some serious catching up to do!   :)
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.

Helen

So the island b-day was May 24th, and you hit your mark on May 21st. So on these dates, here was/is your yearly average:

May 21st: 100,275 frags per year.
May 24th: 100,000 frags per year.
June 2nd:   99,185 frags per year.  (gasp! under 100,000!)

There's still time to get it back up!
:)
One of the Scriveners.

21

I think I had similar numbers in the first 3 years.  Now it's like 25000 a year :(

It definitely gets harder, that's for sure!