1384 FPH

Started by Se7eN, Feb 24, 2024, 10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Se7eN

I thought StalwartXL was the best for me to speedrun these given how the spawns work, but it turns out Draven is even better for abusing spawn kills. I did go try-hard but mistakes were made, I think I can shave off a few more seconds from that 1:18




Se7eN

Draven came up on the rotation again and I decided to demorec this time. I didn't manage to beat my latest record but I did hit 1241 FPH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZG6XvDHPXs

Helen

At the 33 second mark you miss a shot... j/k. I won't be topping that one. I am suckage with the rifle. I have a high mouse sensitivity (3.80) for fast turning but that makes it hard to keep the rifle steady. That and my heavy breathing.
One of the Scriveners.

Se7eN

#3
That seems like a pretty high sensitivity.

I also use high sens: I grew up playing ut99 on a desk that had about 10 inches of space for the mouse, so I had to use high sensitivity to make up for it. Eventually it became muscle memory and til this day I'm a wrist player.

I'm at about 3.3 inches for a full 360 in-game. How many inches does it take for you to make a full 360?

Sidenote: You might do this already but I'll share the tip anyways for anyone reading: For sniping, if you take a look at my vids, a lot of the aiming is done with left/right strafing. I use my mouse to make sure it's on the right axis level, and then use left/right strafing to make the small adjustments.

Rarely will you see me moving left/right with my mouse to adjust for a hitscan shot, I rely heavily on strafing for that. Once I know my xhair is at the right level, I let strafing do most of the work.

Been a while since I played ut, hopefully I can catch a few games this weekend. Hope you guys are doing well, see you in the arena sometime  ;)




Helen

You sure you meant 360? I tried it and it took 6 inches, so 3.3 inches is pretty high sensitivity!

I do spec good players now and then and I often see your point about strafing, in that it just seems the game is more forgiving in letting the shots land. I don't think I'll be able to undo 24 years of habit on that one though.

You are allowed to play UT, but only so you have more content for your movies :)
One of the Scriveners.

Se7eN

#5
Hmm you made me question myself. Seems I'm a bit lower sens than 3.3 inches. Looks more like 4-5 inches for a full 360.

Here are my specs that are relevant to mouse speed:
1920x1080 resolution
1000 mouse DPI
0.67 in-game sens

Se7eN

Managed to get a 1:17