Hi!

Started by Ray, Jul 30, 2011, 08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray

Hi!
Just joined, and eventually hope to be able to change my password to something I'll actually be able to remember. Some of you may know me as EvilGrins other places....cuz apparently you can't choose your login ID to be the same as your name here.

Others of you may have shot me full of holes on the server when I was Doppleganger.

So, now that I'm here, I just wanted to say...well, look at the subject line

:D

Helen

Hello there, thanks for visiting.

Sorry it was slow playing for you today, I'll keep trying stuff until it gets better.

The differing login and nickname, yeah that helps me avoid the spambot registrations, there are zero now :)
One of the Scriveners.

keller

Welcome EvilGrins, Helen is the right person to talk to about the medFlag mutator.

Ray

#3
Okay then.

So, Helen. Mutator?  :-?

It wasn't slow...exactly. I had moments like I'd be in mid-jump, or turning a corner, where I'd be stuck in place. Kinda vibrating as I tried to wiggle free. Everything was still at the same speed but I was more or less trapped in amber. That and a few times I had to deconnect/reconnect because my controls locked up or I was shooting but nothing came out of my gun.

:o

Helen

I'm suspecting the medScoreBoard mutator is doing that. It would be great if we could arrange a time on the server when you could show up and I could turn off some settings to test.
One of the Scriveners.

Helen

I have uploaded a new version of medScoreBoard with some processing turned off. Try playing sometime and let me know how it goes.
One of the Scriveners.

Hook

Quote from: 51545D595E300I have uploaded a new version of medScoreBoard with some processing turned off. Try playing sometime and let me know how it goes.
Hi Ray (EvilGrins) - WELCOME Here!

Now back to what Helen was saying just above and in the quote on my post here. ;)
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Helen

I think Dopple has some issues locally. We were playing last night, amongst 4 people. At one point I saw him magically disappear and reappear 20 feet away. I was dead at the time so I could see his ping, it spiked up to 500, but for the rest of us our pings were normal. I also read somewhere (can't remember where, here even? dear oh dear) that Herm was helping Dopple with his PC and they haven't finished yet?

It helps to have the PC tuned good before saying it's the server! Another player named 21 has said he has ping bouncing issues, but he said he has this at ALL servers.

At any rate I don't mind the couple of server tweaks I've done, they can stay, might as well keep out any potential reason for performance issues.
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

What or who is Dopple?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Helen

Quote from: 4F4D4C40424057250What or who is Dopple?
EvilGrins plays as DoppleGanger  :)
One of the Scriveners.

Hermskii

Doh! I knew that. I just didn't snap. I dig that nickname! Dopple. LOL. That will work!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook

"The Dopplegangers" - A Stephen King Tale and movie too. ::)
[size=14]=Hook=
ALL NEW! -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net[/size]
[size=12]Server: CROSSBONES Lucifur MISSILE MADNESS {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777[/size]

Hermskii

Tis a monster in Dungeons & Dragons as well I believe.
~Peace~

Hermskii

keller

Good ole D&D, I love playing D&D!!  Yep the Doppleganger was a person who could shift into something else usually wolf in the game but could be another humanoid.

Hermskii

And they were evil! They were like body snatchers I thought.
~Peace~

Hermskii