the mountain

Unreal Tournament 99 => Mutators, Tools, Utilities => Topic started by: 21 on Oct 26, 2019, 05:05 PM

Title: Best Server Tickrate
Post by: 21 on Oct 26, 2019, 05:05 PM
Hi!  Quick question, what is the ideal tickrate for a public Vanilla DM server?  No Newnet/mods aside from mapvote. I have it at 20 and it seems okay on my PC.    Thanks!
Title: Re: Best Server Tickrate
Post by: medor on Nov 03, 2019, 12:35 PM
LAN 20 is ok why not if it's only for you
Van ZP 40
NewNet 65
Title: Re: Best Server Tickrate
Post by: Helen on Nov 03, 2019, 02:28 PM
[edit]Originally posted by medor - restored due to forum move
Vanilla is Vanilla

Not a lot lag for you at 20tk
Sam if there is LAN players
Not for VAN players

You want play like 20 years ago  Cool
Title: Re: Best Server Tickrate
Post by: Helen on Nov 03, 2019, 02:30 PM
I have always used 20. I never experimented with changing this number.
Title: Re: Best Server Tickrate
Post by: medor on Nov 04, 2019, 02:36 AM
So look at this  http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=85
Title: Re: Best Server Tickrate
Post by: 21 on Nov 04, 2019, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the help guys! Every time I rent a server I keep pushing the boundaries for mods, etc.  I do like Newnet but I find most North American Players hate it!  Anyway, I was looking after some info on a mod and I came across some forums where players who are coming back don't like all the mods. So I am going to try a vanilla server. I like Nexgen but it's not like I have to boot anyone. I'm usually the only player.  Lol.   Thanks !    P.S.  20 Tickrate it is!
Title: Re: Best Server Tickrate
Post by: Helen on Nov 04, 2019, 08:46 PM
Quote from: 554C5143444949250players who are coming back

I haven't noticed any stampede... here's hoping.