the mountain

Unreal Tournament 99 => Mutators, Tools, Utilities => Topic started by: 21 on May 16, 2018, 11:13 AM

Title: Faster DNS server
Post by: 21 on May 16, 2018, 11:13 AM
Not sure if anyone uses a DNS that is not your ISP's server.  And, I don't know if I'm really late on this, but there is a new Cloudflare DSN that promises to be the fastest internet connection. I tried it (changed it right on my Modem) and my ping went from 14-5 ms. I was using Google (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4), which was faster than my ISP. Anyway, here is the link if you want to try it.    Good Luck!


https://1.1.1.1/
Title: Re: Faster DNS server
Post by: medor on May 16, 2018, 01:28 PM
Use it to

tuto https://www.tomsguide.com/us/cloudflare-dns-1.1.1.1-set-up,news-26964.html


and for found the beast for you https://www.commentcamarche.com/faq/30307-choisir-les-dns-les-plus-rapides
Title: Re: Faster DNS server
Post by: RiTALiN on May 16, 2018, 07:27 PM
Very VERY Cool info. Didn't actually hear this happened! Will give it a shot for sure on my router here. Good find 21. And good to note it's putting itself forward as a privacy 1st! DNS server.
Title: Re: Faster DNS server
Post by: Helen on May 18, 2018, 02:58 PM
I'm trying this.
Title: Re: Faster DNS server
Post by: Hook on May 23, 2018, 04:31 PM
Just a note - it Did say something about that it may not work in some areas (yet anyway) I believe. :-/