the mountain

Unreal Tournament 99 => Mutators, Tools, Utilities => Topic started by: StivBators on Nov 23, 2013, 03:40 PM

Title: Painter 3D
Post by: StivBators on Nov 23, 2013, 03:40 PM
Here is an old program that Epic used to paint the character skins. Got it cheap on ebay years ago. As you paint you can see the changes right on the 3d model. 2nd pic is a quick eyepatch. I'm not an artist !
Title: Re: Painter 3D
Post by: Helen on Nov 23, 2013, 03:59 PM
Cool. How much did you get it for?
Title: Re: Painter 3D
Post by: medor on Dec 01, 2013, 06:49 PM
Quote from: 4D484145422C0Cool. How much did you get it for?

Bump ......! ?
Title: Re: Painter 3D
Post by: StivBators on Dec 02, 2013, 10:48 PM
I don't recall, it was a few years ago. Guessing I'd say between $50 and $80. There are 3 on ebay right now.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Software-/18793/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=painter3d
Title: Re: Painter 3D
Post by: Helen on Dec 03, 2013, 08:25 PM
I bid on the cheapest one but lost :(
Title: Re: Painter 3D
Post by: RiTALiN on Dec 07, 2013, 08:11 PM
I'll see if I can pick one up myself, if so will share :D that's pretty cool I always thought they simply did it with the engine.
Title: Re: Painter 3D
Post by: RiTALiN on Dec 08, 2013, 12:05 AM
Also this should be it.

http://www.amazon.com/Painter-3D-MetaCreations-MAC-WIN/dp/B000I5JYNQ
Title: Re: Painter 3D
Post by: Helen on Dec 08, 2013, 11:35 AM
Gasp, $187 ?!  Pass :)
The one I bid on was $35 at the time :)
Title: Re: Painter 3D
Post by: StivBators on Dec 08, 2013, 02:35 PM
The disc is 477 mb  I can upload it to someones cloud ?
Title: Re: Painter 3D
Post by: Helen on Dec 08, 2013, 02:51 PM
Ooooh. Do you have an FTP client?
Title: Re: Painter 3D
Post by: StivBators on Dec 08, 2013, 05:44 PM
I have filezilla. Not that I know how to use it LOL. What do I do ?
Title: Re: Painter 3D
Post by: Helen on Dec 09, 2013, 08:11 PM
I shall PM you.
Title: Re: Painter 3D
Post by: RiTALiN on Dec 10, 2013, 12:55 PM
if you can get it to me as well it would be appreciated, you can upload it to my google drive if you wish, if so i'll pm you with details, i found some later versions of the same program series but they are seemingly incompatible with any unreal files...@ least that i've found so far. i have an old version of Deep Paint 3D for MAC that i found with serial but it requires Pre-OS X (10._) and i am entirely locked out of running it on my PowerMac G4 MDD. so if anybody has the capability to run it on OS-X or later OR earlier (NON-MDD) they are welcome to it, also have the Right Hemisphere's Painter 3D v2.2 i believe for windows but again lacking functionality with the UT Files.
Title: Re: Painter 3D
Post by: StivBators on Dec 10, 2013, 06:51 PM
Just to be clear, Painter3d doesn't work with unreal files. I have a couple of the bot models in p3d format, that I downloaded from shane caudle's old website. Archived here : http://web.archive.org/web/20131102134900/http://www.planetshane.com/ Go back to 2001, click on skins and then click on tutorial link. I think you can still d/load from that link, he has mac versions also. Buried away on a disc or hard drive somewhere, I have some weapon models also in p3d format. If you know how, I think you can export or extract ut models and convert them somehow to a file that P3d can import. Wotgreal exporter maybe ?
Title: Re: Painter 3D
Post by: medor on Dec 11, 2013, 02:25 AM
This may be interested you http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5247
Title: Re: Painter 3D
Post by: RiTALiN on Dec 13, 2013, 03:09 AM
Hmm interesting, I will try both then on some basic bot editing and test my changes posting screenshots throughout then, thanks to both of you for the info! I have CS6 Master Collection already so that im good on.
Title: Re: Painter 3D
Post by: Helen on Dec 13, 2013, 07:43 PM
I did download Stiv, thank you, but I haven't gotten around to using it yet. I'm trying to prepare the xmas packages n stuff.
Title: Re: Painter 3D
Post by: RiTALiN on Dec 14, 2013, 12:12 PM
Well I got it installed & running on Windows 7 x64. However 64bit will need to patch some files it seems in order for the program to run, this is an old MetaCreations bug that affected a bunch of their software line that Daz3D has now picked up such as poser & Paint3D and the like. Link to fix below , pretty easy overall & no ill effects! again big thanks to Stiv for the find, time to see what this baby can do  ;D The link to the fix for Out Of Memory error is below , enjoi

http://dev.depeuter.org/metacreations_fix_30.php#Download
Title: Re: Painter 3D
Post by: medor on Mar 01, 2014, 06:17 PM
What about this Painter 3D for UT ?