A regular player on the server struggles with "white out" in a gun fight using the minigun and RL. I have suggested these settings that control the "effects" of the weapons, some of these are on similar lines to the enhanced UT posts on the forum.
Here are the settings for the minigun and RL add these as an alias:
Aliases[??]=(Command="set ut_shellcase bhidden 1 | set mtracer lighttype lt_none | set minigun2 muzzleflashmesh none | set LightSmokeTrail bHidden 1 | set UT_SpriteSmokePuff bHidden 1 | set UTSmokeTrail bHidden 1 | set rockettrail bhidden 1 | set RocketMk2 DrawScale 0.03",Alias=whatevername)
Bind "whatevername" to a key.
or
create a config "whatevername" and use the exec command.
Long time since i did this stuff, hope this helps ;)
I's a command for the start game who suppress the flash players ?
Hi 5L3V1N. Works great! I can see so much better during fights now. Thanks!
Not with you on that one Medor??? Flash player??? Are you talking about Adobe?
No, Several ppl have had troubles with the new generations of renderers with their view being obscured because of some of the effects like screen flash and whiteout in a firefight. This simply cleans up your view in a fire fight BUT by doing so removes eye candy making your game more ugly looking. Like i always say make a backup before making any changes because every system and configuration is different as well as personal preferences.
In addition to the above;
set minishellcase bhidden 1 \\minigun shell casing
set ut_shellcase bhidden 1 \\pistol ""
set minigun2 Misc1Sound none \\minigun alt fire wind up sound off.
Please note, always respect the servers rules. eg Rocket arena servers may not allow no rocket trials etc etc. I do not surport cheaters. This is posted to enhance players gameplay and enjoyment.
Quote from: 322F2E292E222C212425400Please note, always respect the servers rules. eg Rocket arena servers may not allow no rocket trials etc etc. I do not surport cheaters. This is posted to enhance players gameplay and enjoyment.
Won't some cheat protection consider some of those settings illegal ? All I have is weapon hand hidden and unticked weapon flash in preferences, and just live with the rockets and smoke. Some may consider those settings pertaining to rocket smoke and size of rockets an unfair advantage but I'm not sure.
QuoteNot with you on that one Medor??? Flash player??? Are you talking about Adobe?
We speak about UT ...google translate mistakes XD
Depends on the server, respect server rules foremost.
there has been much debate what can actually be added to the alias and what is regarded as "tweaks" or an unfair advantage? Generally speaking, some snipers servers and pure plus a-another servers use anti-cheat detection for example to stop the turning off the muzzle flash and smoke from a sniper rifle etc. restrictions can be added to the anti-cheat.
There was a debate years ago on a skin mod (i will not be naming it - don't ask) which some said was legal and some not. Some servers would boot or ban players using it, others wouldnt, its how it worked.
Hacks and aimbots are the by far the biggest problem in UT, unfortunately a few players get satisfaction this way and spoil it for the real players. The listed above will help you vision a bit but skill is skill.
Since no one else has ever mentioned it, I assumed I was the only one with whiteout during fights. Guess not. I will go back to stock settings. Thanks for trying 5L3V1N.
As far as kosher, or being ok on the server, I consider it ok. If these settings are allowed out of the box, then ok. I won't try them myself because I think it takes away from the experience.
There is one thing I turn off which is screen flash, I think everyone already knows about this, but anyways...
- bring up console window
- type in "preferences" without the quotes
- expand Display
- set ScreenFlashes to false
This is permanent, you don't have to change it every game.
Quote from: 4761647166567171140Quote from: 322F2E292E222C212425400Please note, always respect the servers rules. eg Rocket arena servers may not allow no rocket trials etc etc. I do not surport cheaters. This is posted to enhance players gameplay and enjoyment.
Won't some cheat protection consider some of those settings illegal ? All I have is weapon hand hidden and unticked weapon flash in preferences, and just live with the rockets and smoke. Some may consider those settings pertaining to rocket smoke and size of rockets an unfair advantage but I'm not sure.
Sorry Stiv, missed your post. Ya I can see how some would consider it cheating. Pretty hard to check for though. I play with weapon hand hidden too, I think this more than makes up for extra eye candy you see. Again, on this server, you do what you do to highlight your experience I guess. I'm ambivalent.
Happy sunday :)
I use the minigun set commands, simply when strafing or in a firefight i get bright flash, a screen full obscuring everything to the extent i cant see. I dont get it half as bad with the original d3d7 but the game runs bad..........
These commands and others have always been a bone of contention since Gl quake 1 when they came about. Its difficult where to draw the line, a 54inch monitor is an advantage, a mouse with a polling rate faster than windows default is an advantage, as long as the above is ok with you Helen? :)
Quote from: 6C696064630D0As far as kosher, or being ok on the server, I consider it ok. If these settings are allowed out of the box, then ok. I won't try them myself because I think it takes away from the experience.
There is one thing I turn off which is screen flash, I think everyone already knows about this, but anyways...
- bring up console window
- type in "preferences" without the quotes
- expand Display
- set ScreenFlashes to false
This is permanent, you don't have to change it every game.
I never knew about this...I tried it just now and its kinda weird not knowing that I was hit but it seems to make things smoother :) Going to try it for a bit longer
Rocket Trails. This mainly stems back to GL quake on 4mb Orchid Righteous 3dfx card. Only 2mb of that was texture memory. PC's were only p60\100\133\166mhz, the first 2 didn't even have mmx. With the new effects with this accelerator GL the screen quickly filled up with effects in rocket fights blocking view and on alot of machines fell into slideshow mode. Many ppl have experimented down the years with settings like these. In 2k4 "set commands" can not be used online.
Software vs GL
Quake 1 release June 22, 1996
GL version January 22, 1997
5L3V1N !
I'm impressed! You a voodoo fan? Still have any of the old voodoo cards?
Just saw this. It was the cheapest one I could find right now. I don't want one but I love the whole old 3DFX thing. Voodoo anything ruled!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORCHID-TECHNOLOGY-RIGHTEOUS-3D-II-8MB-PCI-Video-Card-/350640967152?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item51a3d48df0
My prized 3dfx possession Voodoo5 6000. I also have a bunch of voodoo2 cards including a couple Quantum Obsidian X24 cards, basically 2 voodoo2 cards in one for sli.
You modded it? What is it worth? How long have you had it? Where did you get it? Does it still work? is that a 56k modem 2 slots down? How old is this picture? Ever told these folks what you have?
http://www.falconfly.de/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
Is it registered anywhere?
Sorry. it is just that you have my dream card. I could get one I guess but never did. The thrill of the thought of having one fades each year but if I had one, it would be under glass on display and in my will to my kids with strict orders not to sell it for a long long time.
Thanks for sharing the image. I have several functional voodoo cards but all of them together don't equal that one. Aren't you too young to understand what you have? Not a jab. A thumbs up to you. :)
Is there such a thing as a Non-Riva TNT2 Ultra? HOOK, what does your say it is under Device Manager? StivBators, what does your voodoo say it is in the device manager?
That card looks like a spaceship. Yeah what year is it and are you still using it.
Quote from: 5A585955575542300You modded it? What is it worth? How long have you had it? Where did you get it? Does it still work? is that a 56k modem 2 slots down? How old is this picture? Ever told these folks what you have? http://www.falconfly.de/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl Is it registered anywhere?
Wow Thats a lot of questions ! I didn't mod it. What are you willing to pay ? I've had it since 2003. Got it from a Quantum3d employee. It works great ! That is a 56k modem. That picture is from 2003 just after I got the card and it still in that computer which dates fromm 1999 ! Win98se original install and still works great, just sloooooow. I'm aware of the falconfly site but the only other place I mentioned having it was 3dfxzone http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=566 I'm SuperBee. The guy Oskar who asked me where I was from, emails me now and again wondering if it for sale. It's not, not yet anyway. Registered ?
Thanks for the reply! Iknow there is a list somewhere that indicated the status of many of these beta cards now. Who has them, where they got them, how much they sold for, which version of the card they got etc etc.
I don't think all of that is on one list but I have seen different tables listing different information about these rare cards. I've seen people modify the cards to complete the goals and claims the cards were supposed to ship out with like true AGP4 support and full functionality of the 64 or 128bit bus. Something like that anyways. I know the cards didn't get completed by 3DFX but some folks mofifes the their versions to meet the final performance goals for those cards. It required some extra power and soddering of wires from here to there kind of stuff and then some driver modifications but I have seen these out there and they sold for tons. I'm not interested anymore in own one but I used to salvate at tghe idea of owning one and don't get me wrong; I'm totally jealous you have a funtional Voodoo 5 6000 AGP. Can you imagine if there were a few PCI versions out there!!! They'd be worth tons based on other version of these voodoo cards and the variance in price between the AGP version and the PCI counterpart. Thanks for sharing the info about it. What d o you think yours is worth? Do you think it gets more exspensive or is it losing it's value? If someone put me in a trance and asked me what video card I wanted more than any other that voodoo card you have is surely what I would describe. Congrats!
Yes I've seen some lists like that, my card isn't on any that I have seen. And thats fine by me.
As for value, haven't got a clue. Compared to what they were going for on ebay at the time, I paid a very fair price. Half of what some were going for ! Don't really follow them on ebay like I used to. I didn't buy it as an investment, like you i was into 3dfx cards, and wanted the best performing voodoo card. I like to play Unreal and Unreal Tournament in glide once and a while, and wanted more performance than the vodoo5 5500 with 4xaa !
Got some nice voodoo 2 cards also. The original SLI !!
Those were the days right! Right now I have a 3000 AGP, a 4500 w/TV and a 5500 AGP. I also have one or two others that say 3DFX on the chips on the cards but I never looked to see what they are. They are pre 3000 I think. Small and wimpy looking to me.
There is something very special about playing UT the way it was meant to be played meaning with the Glide renderer. I still recall the first time I ever played UT with a voodoo card and saw the sparks come off the lava rocks from a flak cannon being shot at a walk or the ground! It was such an OMG moment for me back then. Consider I had just stepped up from a S3 4mb crap video card to a Voodoo 3 3000 AGP! It was like going from a Pentium I 233mhz to a Pentium IV 1,600mhz chip. It was amazing. Never again did I ever buy any piece of hardware that provided so much of an improvement to my PC experience at so little a price or effort.
I had an orchid 4mb of which i replaced heatsink and fan this was for overclocking purposes. I upgraded to a conopus 3d 6mb/ voodoo2/3 then jumped ship. Most of my testing with these cards was done on GL Quake.
Quote from: 627F7E797E727C717475100A regular player on the server struggles with "white out" in a gun fight using the minigun and RL. I have suggested these settings that control the "effects" of the weapons and also ecig like e hose (http://www.ecigfiend.com/wholesale-starbuzz-e-hose-5-different-colors-e-hose/), some of these are on similar lines to the enhanced UT posts on the forum.
Here are the settings for the minigun and RL add these as an alias:
Aliases[??]=(Command="set ut_shellcase bhidden 1 | set mtracer lighttype lt_none | set minigun2 muzzleflashmesh none | set LightSmokeTrail bHidden 1 | set UT_SpriteSmokePuff bHidden 1 | set UTSmokeTrail bHidden 1 | set rockettrail bhidden 1 | set RocketMk2 DrawScale 0.03",Alias=whatevername)
Bind "whatevername" to a key.
or
create a config "whatevername" and use the exec command.
Long time since i did this stuff, hope this helps ;)
Thanks for sharing out the settings.. Even I am regular and I do struggle a lot..
Hi Derrick,
Lots of players and visitors here with 15 years of experience. (Yikes! 15 years...lol) If you have any questions please post them. I would be surprised if you couldn't get a good answer. Cya!