the mountain

Unreal Tournament 99 => Mutators, Tools, Utilities => Topic started by: Helen on Oct 18, 2009, 01:24 PM

Title: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Helen on Oct 18, 2009, 01:24 PM
Monitor your favorite UT99 and UT2004 players and servers.

Also can query the UT99 master server list

Many more features.

Here is download:
//www.birdieman.com/ututility.shtml

Here is image preview:
(//www.birdieman.com/Pics/app/utsm2.9-04.gif)
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Hermskii on Feb 04, 2011, 12:54 AM
The image preview did not work but the first link shows them all I think anyways. How long have you been working on this baby!It is so awesome I'm afraid to download it and try it. I'm going to anyways though! Where do you find the time for all of this???
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Helen on Feb 04, 2011, 01:43 AM
Kaff, well unfortunately the master server query doesn't work anymore. But the main part, the favorites, still does. I don't have a portion of the source code anymore to fix it due a hard drive failure a couple years ago. So there won't be any more updates. Unless I win a million dollars of course.

Open Tools / Sounds, and preview the ready.wav, that's my fav sound.
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Hermskii on Feb 24, 2011, 12:54 AM
I have installed this and have not messed with it yet. It sees my UT2004 server but not the others yet I see that all sorts of game types are available. Should I be able to add in all of my UT(99) servers as well?
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Hermskii on Feb 24, 2011, 01:17 AM
Scratch that! I have played with it and understand it. I don't know what you say isn't working because this thing is awesome! Thanks!
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Helen on Feb 24, 2011, 01:41 AM
Quote from: 2C2E2F23212334460Should I be able to add in all of my UT(99) servers as well?

Yes, you could add them all manually if you want. This is simply from the menu Server | Add Favorite.

However there is an automatic way. If you DO have UT 99 installed on your PC, but you DON"T see your favorites in the list, that means it wasn't able to find the path of your install. So go to the System menu, and fill in the paths for UT in the Game Exe, Game INI, and User INI sections. The three paths to enter would look like this for example:

For Game Exe:
C:\UnrealTournament\System\UnrealTournament.exe

For Game INI:
C:\UnrealTournament\System\UnrealTournament.ini

For User INI:
C:\UnrealTournament\System\User.ini

Once you have entered the paths, close UT Server Monitor and reopen it and then your favorites should appear. Let me know if I wasn't clear enough on anything.
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Helen on Feb 24, 2011, 01:43 AM
Quote from: 292B2A26242631430Scratch that! I have played with it and understand it. I don't know what you say isn't working because this thing is awesome! Thanks!

Whoops I replied without seeing this. Well, glad it works for you!
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Hermskii on Feb 24, 2011, 09:16 PM
I did it manual and did not want the path installed so there would be no way for me to accidently launch into one of them if I double clicked it. Correct me if I'm wrong but also, that path can only point to one version of UT so It would only show the favs in UT for instance and I would still have to many add in my server for UT2K4 right?

No big deal at all. I have it. I use it. I love it! Thanks!
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Helen on Feb 24, 2011, 11:17 PM
Quote from: 7F7D7C70727067150Correct me if I'm wrong but also, that path can only point to one version of UT so It would only show the favs in UT for instance and I would still have to many add in my server for UT2K4 right?

You is wrong ;)
You can enter multiple paths, and they would all show up in the favorites.

What you could do is enter all the paths for the GAME INIs, which would load your faves, but you could leave the GAME/EXEs blank, to prevent accidental launch of game.

You enter multiple paths by switching the "Game" value. For instance, open System | Game INIs. From the "Game" field choose UT. Then enter the proper path. Then in the "Game" field, choose UT2004. Enter the proper path. Click OK. It has saved both paths. If you open the GAME INIs again and flip between "Game"s, you can see it saved the paths you entered.


Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Hermskii on Feb 25, 2011, 08:58 PM
See! It is just plain awesome like I said!
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Hermskii on Mar 15, 2011, 11:22 PM
Someone else came and got this monitor today at my suggestion and likes it very much. Thanks for making it! Later!
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Hook on Mar 16, 2011, 09:53 AM
Hey, didn't I warn you about Helen?
He does GOOD Stuff! ;)
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: keller on Jul 23, 2011, 11:16 PM
Quote from: 6B6C6C686766657A3B030Hey, didn't I warn you about Helen?
He does GOOD Stuff! ;)
Hook, do you have this yet?
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Hermskii on Jul 24, 2011, 08:00 PM
He better or else right! LOL.
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Hook on Jul 27, 2011, 12:50 PM
Gad-Zooks!
I still have to DL it at home and install it.
Should work on my old ME system on an 11 yr old comp, right Helen?
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Helen on Jul 27, 2011, 02:27 PM
It's an old school app so it will work fine on your old school system  :)
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Hermskii on Dec 14, 2011, 11:26 PM
Did you win a million dollars yet? Is there a newer/better version of this with code to hit up the master server again?
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Helen on Dec 15, 2011, 01:26 AM
The way I feel these days, it would take a million dollars for me to get this heh. You know I think it actually still works on a Windows 7 OS, I'll try to remember to try at work tomorrow.
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Hermskii on Dec 15, 2011, 02:04 AM
That is what I'm using it on right now! Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Helen on Dec 15, 2011, 12:29 PM
Quote from: 6F6D6C60626077050That is what I'm using it on right now! Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Tada, it works for me at work. Here I have Windows 7 Enterprise, 32 bit.

Quote from: 6E6069696077050I'm using too and it pulls up around 65-85% of the Master list.

Go into Tools | Options, and increase the number in the "Master Server Query Delay Strength" box. Increase it a bit at a time until you get 95% of servers responding.
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: BLACKPLAGE on Jan 18, 2012, 05:52 PM
Hey Guys,

just found that great tool, i am running it on a WIn7 Home 32Bit, and cant recieve any Server.
The List is loaded from the MasterServer, but Querying shows no Results. (Firewall set off, tryed serveral strength settings)

Regards from Germany

Alex

Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Helen on Jan 18, 2012, 09:00 PM
Let's keep it simple to start.

First, open Tools | Options, and make sure "Automatically ping a server when selecting it in the list" is checked.

Second, add a favorite server. From the menu use Server | Add Favorite. Make sure this server is one that you know will be online.

After adding it, it should be in your favorites tab. Click on it once. Does it show the server information?
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Hermskii on Jan 18, 2012, 09:34 PM
I'll keep it even easier and just say welcome here BlackPlage. Are you playing here too or just getting some good stuff and then going on your way?
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: BLACKPLAGE on Jan 19, 2012, 06:32 AM
Hello,

I am a german Ut guy, beeing in the ut instagib scene since 99, hosted several servers in de. Sadly the last ran out of busyness few month ago.

I am at work right now, will chek your tips this evening

Thanx a lot
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: BLACKPLAGE on Jan 19, 2012, 02:52 PM
Hello Guys..

it worked, got over 95%

perfect.. maybe we´ll meet on an Insta Ser :)

Thnx, Regards
AlexX
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Hook on Jan 25, 2012, 01:57 PM
I still gotta install this!
Maybe I will wait until I get that New Comp?
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Helen on Dec 12, 2016, 11:30 PM
Just bumping this so Ritalin can find it. Check the links in the first post of this topic.
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: RiTALiN on Dec 13, 2016, 12:54 AM
Works like a charm Helen. Thanks for this! I can see it will take me some time to read up on all the capabilities but so far ive gotten about 10 servers added to favorites and hopefully will have more once a couple people get in touch but definitely a cool little program! Nice job! This will come in very handy now that I have less time on my hands, and for what its worth im pulling dang near 100% of the masterlist.  8-)
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: Helen on Dec 13, 2016, 01:26 AM
The master server query doesn't work on some OS's, I know that. But as long as you have your favourites entered, they always work. I can't wait until you hear the "Are you ready yet?" :) :)  You'll know what I mean when you hear it.
Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: RiTALiN on Feb 03, 2017, 12:46 PM
I had run into a problem getting this set up again & found my issue pretty quickly, just in case anybody is unfamiliar with proper file paths.

By default utServerMonitor put's a double quotation mark (") before the path to the UT's ini files.
If you do not remove it before trying to add your path's, you will end up with this as you can see below.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.



Title: Re: UT Server Monitor
Post by: medor on Feb 03, 2017, 07:51 PM
I ave one excellent server monitor http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfiles/Utilities/ServerWatch3.5.8.rar
you can set sounds alert in.