the mountain

Unreal Tournament 99 => Mutators, Tools, Utilities => Topic started by: medor on Sep 27, 2011, 08:41 AM

Title: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: medor on Sep 27, 2011, 08:41 AM
Hi

I saw you it's easy with the UT skins.
You could may be time to do that ?

I would like for Halloween and Christmas a mode that force skins by team.
One fore blue team one other for red team. And if possible ... that make compatible with the new models skins.

Can be also compatible 4Team if it does not require too much work.
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: Helen on Sep 27, 2011, 12:19 PM
I think that may be possible, I'll look into it more on the weekend.
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: medor on Sep 27, 2011, 02:48 PM
nice :)
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: Helen on Sep 30, 2011, 12:40 AM
I played with this a bit tonight, I know I can get it to work. Can you post me one of the skins you want to use (ore more than one if you want), so I can use it as a working example.
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: medor on Sep 30, 2011, 02:21 AM
one side http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Skins/SkinsU/&file=urbyv3.zip

and the second http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Skins/SkinsG/&file=graveandnevermorev2.zip


Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: Ray on Sep 30, 2011, 11:46 AM
I've seen those 2 before. Just skimmed the textures files, someone set them for 2 team colors, basic red & blue, but didn't actually put team colors on the appropriate textures.

Bad form, that.

I may take a stab at it this weekend.
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: Helen on Sep 30, 2011, 08:06 PM
Quote from: 4556494C4752494E53200I've seen those 2 before. Just skimmed the textures files, someone set them for 2 team colors, basic red & blue, but didn't actually put team colors on the appropriate textures.

Bad form, that.

I may take a stab at it this weekend.

I just checked these skins out. No colors at all. That or the int files are set up incorrectly. Not a good example to use medor!
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: Ray on Sep 30, 2011, 08:11 PM
Quote from: 2B2E2723244A0
Quote from: 4556494C4752494E53200I've seen those 2 before. Just skimmed the textures files, someone set them for 2 team colors, basic red & blue, but didn't actually put team colors on the appropriate textures.

Bad form, that.

I may take a stab at it this weekend.

I just checked these skins out. No colors at all. That or the int files are set up incorrectly. Not a good example to use medor!
Unless I misread his initial post, he's requesting somebody give them team colors.
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: Helen on Sep 30, 2011, 08:14 PM
Quote from: 7E76777C617E76777C61130Hi

I saw you it's easy with the UT skins.
You could may be time to do that ?

I would like for Halloween and Christmas a mode that force skins by team.
One fore blue team one other for red team. And if possible ... that make compatible with the new models skins.

Can be also compatible 4Team if it does not require too much work.

I think I need to be more clear what you need. I'm starting to think you want to swap a player's model too, not just the skin. For example, if a player joins and they are a Male Soldier, do you want that to be switched to Grave?
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: medor on Sep 30, 2011, 08:18 PM
Yes like in the mode DefaultSkin  :)

for example, reds are automatically with grave skin and blue automatically with urbyv3 skin.
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: Helen on Sep 30, 2011, 09:28 PM
That's not as easy to cover. There are going to be two problems.

A. Basically you can't have BalanceTeams=true. I would try my best to balance the teams at the start of the game. But if players switch teams on their own, the teams won't be balanced.

B. If a player changes teams on their own, I wouldn't be able to change their model. So you would have to make sure all your models have at least two color skins so that at least the model has the proper color.

Do you still want me to try?
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: medor on Oct 01, 2011, 02:28 AM
OK That would do nicely :)

bNoTeamChanges=True,BalanceTeams=False
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: Helen on Oct 01, 2011, 02:24 PM
Ok the mutator is attached. I also included my ini I used, that should give you an idea of how to use it.

To find out what values you need to set for a model, do this.

A. Open UT, and go to your player setup
B. Set up your player to match the Class, Skin, Face and Voice you want to use for one of your models.
C. Close UT
D. Open your UnrealTournament/System/User.ini

Right at the top in the [DefaultPlayer] section, you can see what values you need.

There are only two lines in the example, but you can go up to four, like
mModel[0]= ...  (red team values)
mModel[1]= ...  (blue team values)
mModel[2]= ...  (green team values)
mModel[3]= ...  (gold team values)

You do NOT have to add a ServerPackages line.

Any troubles let me know.


[edit]I wasn't able to test if I balanced the teams properly, because I was the only human, but it should work.
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: Ray on Oct 01, 2011, 04:35 PM
I kinda wanted to setup something similar as UT already does do this, after a fashion, by itself.

Often I've noted that certain models in high memory situations will alter to other models all by themselves. It was due to this happening a lot that led me to first figure out how to skin the Sktrooper model. Lots of Male Soldiers were turning to Sktroopers but keeping their own skins...

...which looked really weird.

That's how I got KING...

(http://pics.livejournal.com/evilgrins/pic/00bw593c.png)

...that one in the middle there.
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: medor on Oct 01, 2011, 05:19 PM
Cool thank you I'll test it soon on this server for halowine and christmas.

(http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/178.32.72.49:7777/b_560_95_1.png) (http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/178.32.72.49:7777/)
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: medor on Oct 01, 2011, 06:24 PM
??

StartMutator: medorTeamModelSwitch001.medorTeamModelSwitch
ReadToken: Bad quoted string


[medorTeamModelSwitch001.medorTeamModelSwitch]
bLogInfo=true
mModel[0]=(myClass="GraveNevermore.GraveNevermore
",skin="GraveNevermoreSkins.Grav",face="GraveNevermore.Nevermore",voice="ZrtSoundz.ZrtSoundz")
mModel[1]=(myClass="Urby.Urby",skin="UrbySkins.Urby",face="UrbySkins.Face",voice="ZrtSoundz.ZrtSoundz")
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: Helen on Oct 01, 2011, 07:23 PM
I tried your lines and it works for me. The only difference is that your mModel[0] is taking up two lines. Make sure each team is all on one line like this.


[medorTeamModelSwitch001.medorTeamModelSwitch]
bLogInfo=true
mModel[0]=(myClass="GraveNevermore.GraveNevermore",skin="GraveNevermoreSkins.Grav",face="GraveNevermore.Nevermore",voice="ZrtSoundz.ZrtSoundz")
mModel[1]=(myClass="Urby.Urby",skin="UrbySkins.Urby",face="UrbySkins.Face",voice="ZrtSoundz.ZrtSoundz")


If that doesn't work, tell me how you are running it/starting it/joining the game.
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: medor on Oct 02, 2011, 03:54 AM
I was too tired last night  :-/

Work online  :D Really nice work thank you for all that.


To simplify installation for future other server admin.
Can you apply that to for bots ?
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: Helen on Oct 02, 2011, 10:13 PM
Quote from: 2C24252E332C24252E33410I was too tired last night  :-/

Work online  :D Really nice work thank you for all that.


To simplify installation for future other server admin.
Can you apply that to for bots ?

Doing the bots would be much more difficult, so no, you'll just have to do the work  :(

[edit]P.S., you can set bLogInfo=false now that it's working. bLogInfo just tells it to add extra messages to the log, which you don't need.
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: medor on Oct 03, 2011, 02:07 AM
QuoteP.S., you can set bLogInfo=false now that it's working. bLogInfo just tells it to add extra messages to the log, which you don't need.

Down
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: Helen on Oct 03, 2011, 11:51 AM
Quote from: 575F5E5548575F5E55483A0
QuoteP.S., you can set bLogInfo=false now that it's working. bLogInfo just tells it to add extra messages to the log, which you don't need.

Down
Hopefully you mean "Done"?  Down is bad lol.
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: medor on Oct 03, 2011, 12:02 PM
 ;D yes done


I'm going to upload it on my utfiles if you are in agreement do you whant to do a readme.



//=============================================================================
// medorTeamModelSwitch | by Helen | 20111001| www.birdieman.com/forum
//=============================================================================
// Created by request. Medor wishes to enforce a model by team onto the players
//=============================================================================


work with normal and custom models
For custom ned BP1 BP4 and AdvancedModelSupport
http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfiles/index.php?dir=ServerSide_Mods/&file=UTBonusPacks_ManualInstall.rar
http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfiles/index.php?dir=Mods/&file=UT-AdvancedModelSupport-110.rar



To find out what values you need to set for a model, do this.

A. Open UT, and go to your player setup
B. Set up your player to match the Class, Skin, Face and Voice you want to use for one of your models.
C. Close UT
D. Open your UnrealTournament/System/User.ini

Right at the top in the [DefaultPlayer] section, you can see what values you need.

There are only two lines in the example, but you can go up to four, like
mModel[0]= ...  (red team values)
mModel[1]= ...  (blue team values)
mModel[2]= ...  (green team values)
mModel[3]= ...  (gold team values)

You do NOT have to add a ServerPackages lin

Exemple:
[medorTeamModelSwitch001.medorTeamModelSwitch]
bLogInfo=false
mModel[0]=(myClass="GraveNevermore.GraveNevermore",skin="GraveNevermoreSkins.Grav",face="GraveNevermore.Nevermore",voice="ZrtSoundz.ZrtSoundz")
mModel[1]=(myClass="Urby.Urby",skin="UrbySkins.Urby",face="UrbySkins.Face",voice="ZrtSoundz.ZrtSoundz")
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: Helen on Oct 03, 2011, 03:17 PM
Sure go ahead. You have to mention these too though:

bNoTeamChanges=True
BalanceTeams=False

Also mention that BalanceTeams false is only telling UT not to do the balancing, the mutator instead will do the balancing.
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: medor on Oct 03, 2011, 04:45 PM
OK
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: Ray on Oct 03, 2011, 08:52 PM
Shouldn't it be the 'HelenTeamModelSwitch'?
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: Helen on Oct 03, 2011, 09:11 PM
nah it's a throwaway.
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: Hook on Oct 04, 2011, 02:09 PM
medor - add all of the instructions into a readme file.
That would be cool. ;)
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: medor on Oct 04, 2011, 11:14 PM
Quote from: 666161656A6B6877360E0medor - add all of the instructions into a readme file.
That would be cool. ;)

http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfiles/index.php?dir=Mods/&file=medorTeamModelSwitch.rar
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: medor on Jun 20, 2021, 03:56 AM
Bump  ;D


what can be wrong here

Bringing Level DM-Deck16][.MyLevel up for play (100)...
InitGame: ?Name=Player?Class=Botpack.TMale2?team=1?skin=SoldierSkins.blkt?Face=SoldierSkins.Othello?game=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus?mutator=MapVoteULv2_3.BDBMapVote
Base Mutator is DM-Deck16][.DMMutator0
Mutators MapVoteULv2_3.BDBMapVote
Add mutator MapVoteULv2_3.BDBMapVote
Execute default Setting: MaxTeams=2. Property: MaxTeams. Value: 2
StartMutator: TeamModelSwitch001.medorTeamModelSwitch
Failed to load "TeamModelSwitch001": Can't find file for package "TeamModelSwitch001"..
Failed to load "Class TeamModelSwitch001.medorTeamModelSwitch": Can't find file for package "TeamModelSwitch001"..
Starting Actor/Mutator FAILED. Could not DynamicLoadObject: TeamModelSwitch001.medorTeamModelSwitch
Execute Setting: Maxplayers=16. Property: Maxplayers. Value: 16
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: Helen on Jun 20, 2021, 11:30 AM
If you are trying to rename it, some parts you can rename, others you cannot. I have attached what you need if you want it called TeamModelSwitch001.u
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: medor on Jun 20, 2021, 01:51 PM
I'v not try to change something

I going to try this new ;  maybe this is from newnet when i put it in allow list

PlayerPacks[0]=VA
PlayerPacks[1]=AdvancedModelSupport
PlayerPacks[2]=medorTeamModelSwitch001
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: Helen on Jun 20, 2021, 02:19 PM
ok, somewhere you have the string "TeamModelSwitch001" and it should be "medorTeamModelSwitch001".
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: medor on Jun 23, 2021, 12:31 AM
Nothing to do this is a VA newnet side
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: Helen on Jun 23, 2021, 01:22 AM
Is this your server? How do you include the mutators?

StartMutator: TeamModelSwitch001.medorTeamModelSwitch
Failed to load "TeamModelSwitch001": Can't find file for package "TeamModelSwitch001"

Somewhere is saying the mutator is called "TeamModelSwitch001".
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: medor on Jun 24, 2021, 02:27 AM
yes it's mine  unreal://77.135.96.69:6777


it work No newnet but i can't make it work with my newnet BP and VA
VA work fine so it's right set


ServerPackages=MultiMesh
ServerPackages=Relics
ServerPackages=EpicCustomModels
ServerPackages=TCowMeshSkins
ServerPackages=TNaliMeshSkins
ServerPackages=TSkMSkins
ServerPackages=SkeletalChars
ServerPackages=SkeletalCharsFix313
ServerPackages=nalifix
ServerPackages=cowfix
ServerPackages=SoldierSkins_Asp
ServerPackages=AdvancedModelSupport
ServerPackages=BP1H91
ServerPackages=BP4H91
ServerPackages=VAH91
ServerPackages=VAData
ServerActors=VAH91.VAServer

[fnn91.UTPure]
PlayerPacks[0]=VA
PlayerPacks[1]=AdvancedModelSupport
PlayerPacks[2]=medorTeamModelSwitch001
PlayerPacks[3]=TeamModelSwitch001

There ask for this "TeamModelSwitch001" because i have try to add in accept lines newnet this name.

ForceModels=1
var localized config byte ForceModels;        // 0 = Disallow, 1 = Client Selectable, 2 = Force

I need to no more test for found what wrong

it's a no custom skin SoldierSkins_Asp
(https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/evilgrins/3189901/2246222/2246222_original.png)
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: Helen on Jun 24, 2021, 10:57 AM
So you removed this line, right?

PlayerPacks[3]=TeamModelSwitch001

Because there is no such thing as TeamModelSwitch001
Title: Re: DefaultSkin team AdvancedModelSupport
Post by: medor on Jun 25, 2021, 02:31 AM
yes

maybe there a conflict with VA
not make new test for the moment