the mountain

Unreal Tournament 99 => Mutators, Tools, Utilities => Topic started by: 21 on Feb 20, 2017, 07:13 PM

Title: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Feb 20, 2017, 07:13 PM
Hi. I have been trying to start a homeserver.  I have tried Medors (whole server download), Hermskii's (download game again and use it as server)  , and Hooks (use your own game) instructions.  I slect dedicated server and the little icon goes to the right corner. No matter which way I try, my server only shows up in LAN servers. I want to be a public server. Every port under the sun is forwarded. Firewall is letting everything through. I have my remote server admin working. Webserver port number is 8888.  I can play on the server on any of my pc's no problem. I have "advertise my server" checked off. What the heck am I not doing?  Thanks
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: Helen on Feb 20, 2017, 10:12 PM
I have never tried myself. Maybe this can help?
http://www.instructables.com/id/Port-Forwarding-and-you-Your-guide-to-your-locally/?ALLSTEPS

Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Feb 20, 2017, 10:24 PM
Thanks H.  I noticed in your attachment, the port forwarding was UDP/TCP. I was using just UDP. Anyway, tried it. No luck. Keep 'em coming!
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: RiTALiN on Feb 21, 2017, 12:11 AM
Im actually working on setting mine back up, make sure you set the checkbox for "Advertise Server" I believe its under admin email etc, before clicking to start it. Make sure you also dont select LAN server. If that doesnt work for you, ill be around during the day tomorrow/today so hopefully you can get it sorted out.
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Feb 21, 2017, 08:25 AM
Thanks Rit.  I selected Advertise server and I have not selected Lan server.  Someone said something about being behind a NAT. I need to see what that is.  Thanks!
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: Helen on Feb 21, 2017, 10:50 AM
I know there's a lot of posts out there and a lot of resolutions, meaning there's lots of little things to overcome. I think half the problems are specific to the router's brand, so when googling include your router name.
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Feb 21, 2017, 11:40 AM
H,
Funny you should mention that. I looked up my model Hitron CODA 4582 (With Rogers Internet) and it turns out in some cases you have to go wireless to get around NAT issues. So I tried that, no luck. But while wireless I was finally able to download and connect with the ACE 1e anticheat on my server. Usually I time out. Even worked when I hard wired again. The next thing to try in wireless is to see if my new computer (Win10) will download server files. It's hardwired and only downloads maybe 1-2 files at a time from any server I have tried. So I have been using an older PC to play UT.That was another post a while back.  Now that I think of it, maybe ACE worked because I forwarded 9 new ports, not because of wireless?  Lol.  I should just stick with my rental server from NFO or just play here!

UPDATE

Moved the wireless hardware to my new pc. It doesn't download files in wireless either...rats.
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: RiTALiN on Feb 21, 2017, 04:33 PM
What ports do you currently have forwarded in your router and what are they for? Can you list them? Please also specify if they are udp\tcp or both. Also are you using two different copies of UT? Or are you loading the same copy of UT twice? Just a couple of questions to start, hit me back when you have some free time. No rush.
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: medor on Feb 21, 2017, 06:24 PM
TCP PORTS: 7777, 8080, 8777, 9777, 27900
UDP PORTS: 7777, 7778, 7779, 27900

Or you can make it demilitary zone.
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Feb 21, 2017, 07:27 PM
Hit Ritalin,
Here you go!

All ports are named UT99Server, (Maybe I need another name?)  I have the same port number in Public and Private (Not sure if they have to be in both), and the local IP address is the same for all. Did an ipconfig in cmd to get ipv4 ip.  Don't have ipv6.  Maybe I should use the public IP? I have tried using my stock UT for a server, then connecting with 3 pc's. I downloaded full servers and tried connecting with 3 pc's, and a 2nd copy of UT that I also tried connecting with 3 pc's.

TCP   8777,9777,8080
UDP  7778,7787,7757-7767,28900
TCP/UDP 7777,27900


Okay, just found this...I'm going to try it.

http://hooksutplace.freeforums.org/setting-up-your-own-server-from-your-computer-t2523.html


Nevermind ...didn't work.  Even with firewall turned off.
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: RiTALiN on Feb 21, 2017, 09:26 PM
 do you have any 3rd party anti-virus / web utilities /  that are in the mix? Ive seen this before with other multiplayer games tho, do you happen to have MULTIPLE network adapters? When you go to network settings and choose change adapter settings, how many adapters are listed?
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Feb 21, 2017, 10:18 PM
Hi Rit,
So I turned off my anti-virus and firewall. Nothing changed. I also noticed I only have one network adapter to select. I removed the wireless hardware to try in the other pc.  Quite honestly I have spent too much time on this (4 days). Teuch said it was easy as he has 3 servers running on his pc.  It is, except for the fact I can't make the server public. Everything else is straight forward.  Just for fun, would you see if my server is listed on the UT servers tab?  The server is just called 21.  192.168.0.17:7759     Thanks!   
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: Helen on Feb 21, 2017, 10:38 PM
Quote from: 372E3321262B2B470192.168.0.17:7759
That is an internal address, the outside world would not see that. Open google, search with "what is my ip", and your outside IP should be listed at the top of the results.
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: RiTALiN on Feb 21, 2017, 11:59 PM
Yeah if your specifying an internal IP that would make perfect sense as to why your only showing on LAN. For what its worth NAT is what makes all this possible while maintaining a level of security on your network, all the machines in your household have internal or "local" addresses (LAN). All those addresses form a pipe to the outside network (WAN) Most people only have 1 address on the outside otherwise known as your Public IP. NAT takes all your LAN traffic destined for the internet and funnels it out based on ports to desired targets. Hopefully at the very least that will give you a basic understanding of how it functions & why it's important. Ch33r up bud, you'll get it solved.
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Feb 22, 2017, 01:48 AM
How do I change the internal ip on the server to an external ip?  Also, where the heck is the command line? I can't find it. My rental server has the command line right when you log in.
Thanks
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: Hook on Feb 22, 2017, 05:43 PM
Your External IP should automatically be "out there" - if it is getting out there through your router/modem.
One thing that seems to ring true with home-based UT servers (common) is that it usually does Not show up in your own home network - just the Lan does.
That is a "thing" that UT servers that are home based that just is, and does Not mean that your server isn't showing up for others in their browsers out on the net though - providing your Master Servers are up to date in the Server's ini.
My home based servers that I had up years back never showed up on my home system either, but they were showing up out on the net.
I found out through other UT server admins and gurus that that is very normal. ;)



Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Feb 22, 2017, 07:12 PM
Okay thanks Hook.  So all my pc' will show up as LAN? I have 3 with UT GOTY on them.  I don't need a command line then?
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Feb 22, 2017, 08:08 PM
I'm done with home servers.  Too hard!!! I have read every single document, downloaded full servers, learned how to make a UCC batch file (wth!!) and spent the better part of 4 days up to 2 A.M.  My wife is like " you're doing this to save $9/month?" Point made...lol. Even Game Tracker couldn't find my server! Thanks for everyone's help. I'm going back to being a player. God Bless all you home server admins!  Cya
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: RiTALiN on Feb 22, 2017, 09:40 PM
Don't let it frustrate you OR control your life. & I'll say this for future reference if you decide @ some point your bored and just wanna do something different. In the past you helped me get my head on straight & go back to it @ a later time (with better success too!)

Hook is correct in the fact that most home setups do not show up in the master browser on their own setups, but they are visible via others (so you do appear in the list but not as far as you can see) For you to see your own server both internal and external you need external DNS. This can be achieved many different ways but it too has a cost (usually). For instance I have my own domain & did before when I was self hosting. My domain is Stellarsys.us (used to be stellarsys.net) but what I do, is I forward the requests from UT to my stellarsys.us DNS server and thus it appears outside as well. (If i don't, I will only see it in the LAN listing). Your issue with the server being seen outside the network is DNS related, that is a 100% guarantee. Your ISP provides their own DNS server along with what is called your public IP. Being that you only have 1 Public IP and it's for your internal network's requests, it makes PERFECT sense that you are only able to see it internally and not both like I had mine. So keep playing & later on maybe you find a DNS Server or decide to go full blown forum & you will have your cake & eat it too!  ;) Hope this helps or at the very least destress. Ch33rz bud Im rooting for ya.
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: Helen on Feb 22, 2017, 11:52 PM
Quote from: 20392436313C3C500Also, where the heck is the command line?
This is how I start a server on my pc.

Start off with a new text file. Open it. Put this in it:
START c:\UnrealTournament\system\UnrealTournament.exe DM-Liandri?game=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus?MaxPlayers=16?mutator=medToggle368.medToggle log=xxx.log -server

(change the path to the UnrealTournament.exe if it is different on your PC).
(change the mutator=.... to what you want. Or remove the ?mutator=...)

Save and close the file. Name it what you want but change the extension to .bat
Double-click on the new bat file. Starts a server instance of UT, it is visible as an icon in the tray. You can right-click on the icon to see it's console.

This just starts the server via a bat file, it does not do anything to make it visible outside your network.
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Feb 23, 2017, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the help guys.  Ritalin I use PIA vpn and I tried using it from different locations in the States. No luck.  No worries, probably just my ISP or their modem.

Helen, my batch file can't find that heading.  I removed the mutator and the location of ut.exe is correct.  When the batch file opens up it shows C:\Users\Family\Desktop in front of your code.  I didn't add it. It just does it. Is this okay?
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: Helen on Feb 23, 2017, 11:52 AM
Quote from: 41584557505D5D310When the batch file opens up it shows C:\Users\Family\Desktop in front of your code.I didn't add it. It just does it. Is this okay?
What? No, that is weird. It adds that text by itself? Why don't you paste the text in here so I could see your paths, then I could put together the bat file and zip it and attach it.
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Feb 23, 2017, 04:35 PM
So I made this a text document and save as Start Server.bat

Then it adds the C:\Users\Family\Desktop in front of it!

START c:\UnrealTournament\system\UnrealTournament.exe DM-Liandri?game=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus?MaxPlayers=10 log=xxx.log -server
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Feb 23, 2017, 07:43 PM
Okay...Good news!  For the 150th time I tried making a dedicated server from the game itself on one PC. On my other PC I turned on my VPN from Seattle and I found my server!  It was listed in LAN on my local IP but listed in DM under my Public IP.  Woo Hoo.  Funny thing is, I had already tried this over and over. So I'm not sure why it worked now.  Anyway, once I figure what PC to put it on, I will kindly ask if other players can let me know if they see it too.
Alrighty, off to buy a lottery ticket after that mess!
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: Helen on Feb 23, 2017, 09:24 PM
Sweet. Maybe router had to refresh or something. Here is the bat file.

http://www.birdieman.com/downloads/server.zip
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: RiTALiN on Feb 24, 2017, 12:47 PM
Good stuff man! Glad you stuck with it! Yeah could have been cleared cache, or time for your ISP to update their DNS records (once you modify your connection to host something updating of DNS records has to happen and isn't instant for everyone, each ISP is different). Ive run into 24hr wait for updated records from my ISP "Optimum Online". So cool, now i'll have yet another server to favorite! Lemme know!
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Feb 24, 2017, 03:59 PM
First - Helen, thanks for the bat file. That was fast.

Second - Ritalin, thanks for the encouragement!  My first 2 home server's are currently called:

[Toronto] Canadian Deathmatch [Mapvote]   192.168.0.16:7777
[Toronto] Canadian Rocket Arena  [Mapvote]  192.168.0.16:7757

My temporary? lol  paid server is: [PURE] [Newnet]-----nERF gUN'S Public DM-----[Mapvote]  66.151.244.8:7777     It's in Dallas.

On a side note, if my quad core i5 pc runs 24/7, is that serious hydro charges?  I know, noob server owner..lol.  Also, all my maps aren't loaded yet, so just the basic ones for now.
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: Helen on Feb 24, 2017, 09:00 PM
Quote from: 7C65786A6D60600C0[Toronto] Canadian Deathmatch [Mapvote] 192.168.0.16:7777
[Toronto] Canadian Rocket Arena[Mapvote]192.168.0.16:7757

You need to tell us the external IP:

[Toronto] Canadian Deathmatch [Mapvote] 99.230.88.65:7777
[Toronto] Canadian Rocket Arena[Mapvote] 99.230.88.65:7757
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: medor on Feb 25, 2017, 01:54 AM
http://333networks.com/search?sq=Toronto
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Feb 25, 2017, 02:09 AM
Oops! I did it again..lol.  Thanks Medor. 

Well a little information can be dangerous. Once I figured out how to do a server, I uh made 3 more. All worked fine until I FTP'd some maps, textures, sounds and music over from my paid server.  Now none of them work. Lol.  It's no biggie, I can fix them tomorrow. It's 2 AM again and I'm kinda pooped!   Thanks for everyone's help.   Ah man this is too addictive. Maybe I'll do just a Canadian DM for now.  Cya!
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: RiTALiN on Feb 25, 2017, 10:32 AM
 ;D Lol, same thing happened to me too, information & practice are good tho, honestly sometimes the best way to learn is to break something and then have to get it working again. But I saw your servers last night with no problem, however upon trying to connect I got a DE Package mismatch, did you remove "ServerPackages=De" from your UnrealTournament.ini ?  :-?
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Feb 25, 2017, 11:22 AM
I didn't remove de on purpose!  Anyway my DM server is back up and it seems to work....lol.   It's called:

[Pure][Toronto]  nERF gUNS Public DM  [Mapvote/Newnet]      99.230.88.65:7777

Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: RiTALiN on Feb 25, 2017, 12:39 PM
No im not saying you did it on purpose but I believe your "supposed to". Try commenting out that line with the # at the beginning and restarting the server.

change

ServerPackages=de

to look like this

#ServerPackages=de

i'll try and connect again once i see it reload, i'm keeping an eye on it from Helen's UTServerMonitor
Also LOL our pings are the exact same, im reading 47 for both pretty steady.
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Feb 26, 2017, 07:33 PM
Hi Ritalin,
I have 4 home servers up now with more maps. They all seem to connect fine, but let me know if you still have issues.  Thanks!

Noobies!Noobies!Noobies!    unreal://99.230.88.65:7757
nERF gUNS Public DM           unreal://99.230.88.65:7777
Canadian Duel (1v1)            unreal://99.230.88.65:7735
DECK 16                             unreal://99.230.88.65:7746
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: medor on Feb 27, 2017, 04:42 AM
Quote from: 5448754E44455248454144000No im not saying you did it on purpose but I believe your "supposed to". Try commenting out that line with the # at the beginning and restarting the server.

change

ServerPackages=de



+1 remove this fucking ServerPackage
You ave the same in anticheat ZP or newnet
it's for not allow  behind view
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Feb 27, 2017, 09:48 AM
Okay thanks.  All my servers allow behindview...lol.  I play a lot of the time like that. When I was learning how to dodge I wanted to see my moves. I kind of got hooked watching my skin dodge. Aiming is actually easy that way for me.  Weird..I know.
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: RiTALiN on Feb 27, 2017, 11:49 AM
Ok well after i deleted my copy of de.int & de.u your server allowed me to connect (ServerPackages=de should still be removed on your end tho if you haven't already but)
Within 5 seconds of being on the server it kicks me saying connection failed with no other error.
I tried switching renderer's from D3D10.dll to basic D3D & OpenGL to XOpenGL no change.
Not sure why it's kicking me because I dont have anything that could be triggering Anti-Cheat except for possibly that D3D10 renderer but OpenGL didnt stop my disconnects either so, is there any info listed in your server's logs?
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Feb 27, 2017, 01:38 PM
Sorry Rit.  I think I have it set to kick really good players!  Only beginners that I can beat.  Lol.  In any case I can remove ACE, since no one plays on my server but me. Although the bots have called me on too many headshots.  Whiny little so and so's....
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: RiTALiN on Feb 27, 2017, 01:53 PM
Quote from: 7E677A686F62620E0Sorry Rit.I think I have it set to kick really good players!Only beginners that I can beat.
Well if THAT'S the case!!!! You & I gotta talk about switching spots on the leader board!
LOL. Well i'm not familiar with most of the anticheat packages available, i'm currently running an older version of UTPure, I have to update it on mine, but in regards to your server, I will install another copy of UT (Fresh Install) and try connecting with a known good working copy. I saw a guy BUSTER who hit up your server yesterday when i was trying to connect. So people are using it which is great!
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Feb 27, 2017, 02:09 PM
Okay, just removed all ACE from everything but 1v1 server.  Those players have sensitive egos and think everyone cheats!  I also removed all DE server packages from all 4 servers. Should be okay now?  Good luck!
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: RiTALiN on Feb 27, 2017, 02:46 PM
50-0 on Deck16, good stuff man it all works now! Cool so it must have been related on some level to ACE. Works good dude, congrats!!!
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Feb 27, 2017, 03:35 PM
Yay!  Wait 50-0?  Maybe I should put ACE back on!!  lol
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: medor on Feb 28, 2017, 04:37 AM
Quote from: 7965586369687F65686C692D0Ok well after i deleted my copy of de.int & de.u your server allowed me to connect (ServerPackages=de should still be removed on your end tho if you haven't already but)
Within 5 seconds of being on the server it kicks me saying connection failed with no other error.
I tried switching renderer's from D3D10.dll to basic D3D & OpenGL to XOpenGL no change.
Not sure why it's kicking me because I dont have anything that could be triggering Anti-Cheat except for possibly that D3D10 renderer but OpenGL didnt stop my disconnects either so, is there any info listed in your server's logs?

d3d9 is perfect and allow to play on all servers
there is no interest to upgrade it for UT99
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: medor on Feb 28, 2017, 05:12 AM
Quote from: 1509340F05041309040005410
Quote from: 7E677A686F62620E0Sorry Rit.I think I have it set to kick really good players!Only beginners that I can beat.
Well if THAT'S the case!!!! You & I gotta talk about switching spots on the leader board!
LOL. Well i'm not familiar with most of the anticheat packages available, i'm currently running an older version of UTPure, I have to update it on mine, but in regards to your server, I will install another copy of UT (Fresh Install) and try connecting with a known good working copy. I saw a guy BUSTER who hit up your server yesterday when i was trying to connect. So people are using it which is great!


OK now no lag for people who come on your windows server.

Set and Fix tickrate.

*Set http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=85
40 for a zp server
60 for a newnet server

*Fix with TF2 (only windows)not need for linux servers.
http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=612



Do you want a better zp or newnet system ?

ZP fix netspeed, lag hitbox
Newnet fix netspeed, lag hitbox and lag movement

*Netspeed set it in your ZP or newnet.
http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=377

*Hitbox when  the player in on movement you fire the skin not the player so no kill.
(http://medor.no-ip.org/images/hitbox.jpg)

*lag movement
Compensation for travel effects, with 200 ping you feel like you're at home.


You want try a newnet server .... i ave do one http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3484


Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Feb 28, 2017, 04:52 PM
Hi Medor,
All my servers have 65 tickrate.  The higher tickrate was TimTim's (Newnet Creator) recommendation.  Thanks for the help!
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Mar 02, 2017, 10:41 AM
After all that trouble, I think I am going to just stick with my paid server...lol.  I  had a power outage last night and both my pc's powered off. Not surprised, it was +15 yesterday and now it's -13 today!  Anyway the servers aren't visible again and I tried a few things that didn't work. I really don't feel like putting the time in again, when my paid server already works great....aside from the fact no one plays on it...lol.  Anyway thanks for the help everyone!  I guess I would rather play UT then maintain 5 servers.  Have a nice day!
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: RiTALiN on Mar 02, 2017, 11:47 AM
Sounds like the power outage wiped your config out :( It happens dude, but look @ it this way, you learned alot along the way, and knowledge never dies. Cross it off the bucketlist!  ;)
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Mar 02, 2017, 03:26 PM
You're right! I did learn a lot, so that's cool. By the time I learn everything I'll be 70 and no one will be playing anymore..lol.  Cya on the Mountain!
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: medor on Mar 03, 2017, 05:01 AM
They are here http://333networks.com/search?sq=Toronto

may be your ip change  ...  ave an ipfix .. if you reboot your connection do you ave the same ip ?
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Mar 08, 2017, 06:34 PM
Hi Medor. My IP is the same. I can fix it, but I don't feel like it...lol.  I have one server that no one plays on, (no matter where I move it or gametype I run it with...and trust me I have tried pretty much everything...even assault and monster hunt!).  I think I am leaning towards being a player more.  Thanks for all you're help.  You are a great resource in the UT business and I am sure I will need your brain again at some point!
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: RiTALiN on Mar 21, 2017, 01:04 PM
[size=18]~21's server is up & functional!~[/size]
[size=18]Show it some love![/size]
[size=14]Current URL: 74.91.116.23
Current Port: 7777[/size]
[size=11]I played for about an hour between yesterday & today, works well nice & fast, similar to the [ARC] & [MZK] servers! Run & gun style fast paced. [/size]

[size=8]P.S @ 21.....Dude i loved the name i saw yesterday!!! Great server name! [/size]
Title: Re: Home server only shows up in LAN servers
Post by: 21 on Mar 29, 2017, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the help Rit!    I appreciate the business!   I keep changing the game style after a week or so of no players.  Right now it's DM, but who knows what I will be doing next!