the mountain

Unreal Tournament 99 => Mount St. Helen Server => Topic started by: Helen on Feb 03, 2012, 10:59 PM

Title: Game stats are up...
Post by: Helen on Feb 03, 2012, 10:59 PM
If you go to the usual stat page http://www.birdieman.com/stats you will see a new box called "Individual Game Stats...", with links by year. Right now there is a 2012 link, which if you click on will list the months (numerically). Right now there is only the directory "02" (February), click on that and you will see the individual game links. There's about two days worth of games in there to view.

New games (if any) are uploaded every half hour, at the 15 minute mark and the 45 minute mark of the hour.

Three weeks of work to get going, very awesome result though!
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Hermskii on Feb 04, 2012, 02:21 AM
I didn't do it but I'll certainly say congrats. Good work pays good! You deserve great results.
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Hook on Feb 04, 2012, 02:42 AM
I checked it out - Very Nice indeed! ;)
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Helen on Feb 04, 2012, 11:17 AM
Thx!  :)
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Hermskii on Feb 04, 2012, 01:42 PM
I now have looked. It is very nice indeed. Great work!
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: StivBators on Feb 04, 2012, 09:16 PM
Awesome, thats great. Would it be possible to link weapon specific kills to each player ? Similar to ngstats.
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Helen on Feb 05, 2012, 10:47 AM
Quote from: 6442475245755252370Awesome, thats great. Would it be possible to link weapon specific kills to each player ? Similar to ngstats.
Would you have an example page out there in the world  I could look at? But yes I think so. Before I say yes for sure I want to do a performance test and see how long the current generation takes, I don't want to make it to boggy.
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: StivBators on Feb 05, 2012, 02:04 PM
Here is a link showing the indivdual player stats:

http://www.foxxforce.de/utstats/LAN1_11/html/Individual_Game_Stats/Last_Game/1.html
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Helen on Feb 05, 2012, 07:10 PM
Ok I put up version 009 with these updates, this will be last update for a while, it's stable and I'm sick of working on it lol.

Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: StivBators on Feb 05, 2012, 10:26 PM
Awesome ! nice work. Thanks
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: StivBators on Feb 10, 2012, 08:30 PM
Just a heads up, your Individual Game Stats date is showing "Feb 0, 2012"  right now. Doh !
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Helen on Feb 10, 2012, 08:56 PM
Quote from: 597F7A6F78486F6F0A0Just a heads up, your Individual Game Stats date is showing "Feb 0, 2012"  right now. Doh !
Someone looks at the stats? Thank you satan! Almost makes selling my soul worth it  :)

Thanks Stiv. I noticed that too earlier at work today, so I was working on that when I got home. The files already up there will remain as zero, but future files will now be correct.

Also I made it to include a map picture, but for now all you'll see is a broken picture box, until I get all the pictures uploaded over time.
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Helen on Feb 11, 2012, 11:56 PM
Stiv you mentioned some seemed missing like Liandri. Yes 4 were missing. They were created but not uploaded, my auto-upload exe could not connect a few hours ago for whatever reason. Anyway I uploaded them manually. Just refresh the page, these links should now be seen:

20120211.1832.27.DM.Jewel.7777.htm
20120211.1846.35.DM.1on1-Judith.7777.htm
20120211.1854.43.DM.Liandri.7777.htm
20120211.1902.31.DM.Lyus.7777.htm
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: StivBators on Feb 12, 2012, 06:06 PM
Quote from: 3E3B3236315F0Someone looks at the stats? Thank you satan! Almost makes selling my soul worth it

Oh yeah ! I like checking out which weapons I'm using too much and not enough. Tell satan hello for me !  ;D

QuoteStiv you mentioned some seemed missing like Liandri. Yes 4 were missing. They were created but not uploaded, my auto-upload exe could not connect a few hours ago for whatever reason

See them now. All four with that Bob fella. Strange.  :-?
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: StivBators on Feb 13, 2012, 10:55 PM
Just wondering how being depressurized in dm-pressure counts in weapon totals ? Is it whatever weapon you have in your hand at the time you hit the switch. I had one tonite so was just curious. It's not "unknown" .
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Helen on Feb 14, 2012, 12:30 PM
That's a good question! I had to look at the code for the answer. It is whatever weapon is in your hand at the time the pressurized player dies.

This also explains the "unknown" BTW. It means the killing player is dead at the time the kill is registered.

This makes me realize that the weapon totals may not be totally accurate. You lob your last 3 rockets. Your weapon switches to the hammer. Then someone steps on your grenade. Hammer Kill!

Another variable I get passed is DamageType, which would be more accurate, but it in itself is limiting. For example the damage type of "shot" could be any of enforcer, minigun, or sniper. So I think the weapons totals are good enough.
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Hermskii on Feb 14, 2012, 01:14 PM
Just write up a small disclaimer saying that due to these types of circumstances the results may vary +/- .5% from the actual figure...
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Helen on Feb 14, 2012, 01:21 PM
I had better :)

I'm working on tracking double, multi, ultra, and monster kills. Almost done actually.

And I know I said I'd release this, what, a week ago? But I'll wait until the idea pot is empty where I'm not doing a new addition every other day.
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Helen on Feb 14, 2012, 02:56 PM
Quote from: 5B5E5753543A0I'm working on tracking double, multi, ultra, and monster kills. Almost done actually.

Ok done, it's up. Lucky Version 013.
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Helen on Feb 18, 2012, 05:42 PM
Version 15 now running. Minor updates.
- Won't show you as having played the whole game if all you did was join and disconnect before the game started.
- If you both spectate and play at some point during the game, you will show up both the player stats and the spectator table, with correct time totals.
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Hermskii on Feb 18, 2012, 06:47 PM
I need it to track how much beer I've had at the point I'm doing the best during a night of fragging...LOL.
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Helen on Feb 18, 2012, 10:23 PM
Sure no problem, I'll just get you to blow into your microphone now and then heh.
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Hermskii on Feb 19, 2012, 09:08 AM
LOL.

Wait! Nothing is funny! 4 days now no smoking. Grrrrrrrr!
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Helen on Mar 06, 2012, 11:33 PM
Version 16 is up. Below the map picture is now a Chat log. It captures any chat that occurred before or during the game, but not after. If there was no chat at all, there won't be a chat list. Player chat is in green, spectator chat is in white.

Also fixed the bug where the "Generated by medGameStat016" link at the bottom of the page didn't work.
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Helen on Apr 07, 2012, 07:41 PM
If you go to the page (you may have to force refresh), you should now see the years 2009 - 2012 for the individual game stat links. I went through all the logs I had and converted them to web pages. It is a very close to complete full history of all games.

A lot of the pages will have their map pic missing, I'll upload those over time.

Just a reminder the stats are here -> http://www.birdieman.com/stats
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Hermskii on Apr 08, 2012, 12:01 AM
Funny thing you mentioned uploading the map pictures. I would be a bad guy if I didn't show this to you:

http://hooksutplace.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=996

Maybe if you help a brother out good karma will find you sooner and stay longer than normal. Just saying...
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Helen on Apr 09, 2012, 11:01 PM
I shall endeavor to.
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Helen on Jun 20, 2012, 10:50 AM
Stats updates on the web page will be intermittent for a bit. I'm having issues with my laptop that pulls/pushes the files.
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Helen on Jul 05, 2012, 10:54 AM
The web stats didn't get done properly the last iteration, so it looks like some names have been removed from the list. Don't worry that's not permanent, it should get corrected the next time I run it. That will be this evening when I get home. It's still behaving a bit flakey, sometimes it runs for a day no problem, sometimes it only lasts an hour before I have to reboot it. I just don't have the programming time right now to try and figure out the issue, sorry about that.
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Helen on Jul 06, 2012, 11:26 AM
lol now zenny is missing from the list. Sorry zen! I really need a holiday so I can do some UT coding!
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Hermskii on Jul 07, 2012, 09:41 AM
Approved. Take this next week off. Have fun and good luck!
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Helen on Aug 14, 2012, 12:50 PM
Hey, I'm #1 on the web stats :)

No, that would just be a download glitch, I see it has hitched at midnight last night. I'll reboot it when I get home tonite. Then 21 shall be restored as king o' the mountain.
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Tempest on Aug 16, 2012, 10:56 AM
I just looked at this...awesome job! One thing that I'm not sure you're aware of is that this doesn't work in Chrome. It does in IE and I haven't tried Firefox yet....not sure that matters though?
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Helen on Aug 16, 2012, 11:05 AM
Hey, you caught me online, I was just deleting one of those darn spam posts.

Glad you like the stats page :)

It does work in firefox, that's the browser I use. I didn't know it does not work in chrome, but I won't be trying fixing that. I tried chrome once and it forced you to use tabbed browsing which I don't like so I uninstalled it. Plus it's just a headache to try and make something compatible for all browsers out there.

But thanks for the heads up though, I could advise folks which browsers its works in so they could pick one of them.
Title: Re: Game stats are up...
Post by: Tempest on Aug 16, 2012, 11:16 AM
Gotcha...not sure you need to go that far because if they're smart and handsome, they'll probably figure it out (like me)   :D