the mountain

Unreal Tournament 99 => Mount St. Helen Server => Topic started by: Tempest on Oct 11, 2012, 03:37 PM

Title: interesting way to play?
Post by: Tempest on Oct 11, 2012, 03:37 PM
Basically, try and win by killing a single bot (or only bots when in a multiplayer game) and try and win that way :)

thoughts? (heres a demo rec of a game i just played)
Title: Re: interesting way to play?
Post by: Helen on Oct 11, 2012, 07:49 PM
Unfortunately the demo runs quite awfully! But I could tell what map it was, and by the time of your post, I can see it was this game:

http://www.birdieman.com/stats/2012/10/20121011.1417.23.DM.MadScientistsLair-se.7777.htm

I can see by whom you killed/did not kill that you were being nice to OFFer and {SBZ}_Bio_(Beetch). So in fact I want to thank you for playing that way! From their perspective I'm sure it was nice to not get destroyed and feel like they were in the game. I do the same thing myself quite a bit. In fact I do it against skilled players too! Because I'm more lazy than competitive I figure.
Title: Re: interesting way to play?
Post by: Tempest on Oct 11, 2012, 08:30 PM
demo runs awfully? hmm...i wonder why :( something to do with a configuration or ?
Title: Re: interesting way to play?
Post by: Hook on Oct 12, 2012, 01:45 PM
Yes, sometimes it is a good way to play - mainly when you have newer players that are learning. ;) (like me LOL)
Title: Re: interesting way to play?
Post by: Ray on Oct 13, 2012, 08:18 PM
I've got a mutator somewhere that does a variation of that. It works in team games specifically, if you play with a bunch of bots it forces all the bots onto one team and you onto another.

Forget what it's called offhand.
Title: Re: interesting way to play?
Post by: Hook on Oct 14, 2012, 02:23 AM
Yeah, I got the mutator also.
I have to try it sometime.
Title: Re: interesting way to play?
Post by: 5L3V1N on Oct 20, 2012, 04:24 PM
Here, here, i did play this game over 10years ago, mainly drunk after the pub. I was never a seasoned player or have any abillity and its nice to feel that your actually in the game and not just a gib lol. I recently come back this spring on the demo 348 and on MHS. I am trying to get some gametime\practice hrs in to improve and be more competitive. I do this on the demo when new players stumble on a sever it keeps them coming back and more fun for all.  ;)
ps cheers Tempest for giving me a chance.
Title: Re: interesting way to play?
Post by: Tempest on Oct 22, 2012, 09:35 PM
Good playing with you 5L3V1N...I think you might get the record for hitting 10k the fastest! lol 8-)
Title: Re: interesting way to play?
Post by: Helen on Oct 23, 2012, 10:24 AM
The fastest person to hit 10 grand was Snapperhead, in a smoking 10 days. He literally put up 1000 a day. Then he promptly retired.

The frag race is fun, but don't forget to enjoy the ride, fellas.