the mountain

Unreal Tournament 99 => Mount St. Helen Server => Topic started by: Helen on Jan 06, 2012, 09:50 PM

Title: redirects/downloads are slow
Post by: Helen on Jan 06, 2012, 09:50 PM
Server is backup but the redirect is slow. I've let my host know. It might just need an hour to synch up.

[edit]P.S. I know I have to add a bunch of frag totals to the hall, I'll get to this tomorrow.
Title: Re: server down for maintenance
Post by: Hermskii on Jan 06, 2012, 11:08 PM
I was just coming in to say it showed offline. What are you doing to it now? Are they fixing it?
Title: Re: redirects/downloads are slow
Post by: Hook on Jan 07, 2012, 11:05 AM
Yeah, my redirects have been slow also - VERY - but ONLY on New maps added. (not sure about other files newly added ???)
Otherwise, map files that have been on the server for a while (before a certain date) all DL very fast still.
Title: Re: redirects/downloads are slow
Post by: Hermskii on Jan 07, 2012, 11:22 AM
It's back up!
Title: Re: redirects/downloads are slow
Post by: Helen on Jan 07, 2012, 11:32 AM
Quote from: 484F4F4B4445465918200Yeah, my redirects have been slow also - VERY - but ONLY on New maps added. (not sure about other files newly added ???)
Otherwise, map files that have been on the server for a while (before a certain date) all DL very fast still.

Did you contact gameservers? I told gameservers last night about it, but no response this morning :-\
Title: Re: redirects/downloads are slow
Post by: Hermskii on Jan 07, 2012, 02:34 PM
I'm so glad I do it all from home for free! I get a static IP in a few more days too finally. All my gametracker stuff will die right? Then I have to set it all back up again and start fresh?
Title: Re: redirects/downloads are slow
Post by: Helen on Jan 07, 2012, 03:08 PM
Quote from: 4D4F4E42404255270I'm so glad I do it all from home for free! I get a static IP in a few more days too finally. All my gametracker stuff will die right? Then I have to set it all back up again and start fresh?
gametracker stuff will die without intervention yes. They may listen to a request to update a server's ip to another, try it.
Title: Re: redirects/downloads are slow
Post by: Hook on Jan 16, 2012, 01:44 PM
Any News with your redirect problems?
Did they respond?
Title: Re: redirects/downloads are slow
Post by: Helen on Jan 16, 2012, 07:35 PM
Quote from: 0A0D0D090607041B5A620Any News with your redirect problems?
Did they respond?
Who me? My redirects are back to normal... sorta? I uploaded 5 new files on the weekend, 3 maps, 2 music files, and all compressed ok except for one of the music files!?! That's kinda weird. And annoying.