the mountain

Unreal Tournament 99 => Mount St. Helen Server => Topic started by: Helen on Aug 01, 2011, 10:34 PM

Title: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Helen on Aug 01, 2011, 10:34 PM
I'm working on getting the career stat list to be viewable offline. We'll have to see how realtime I can get it though. Anyway one step at a time. It will be crude at first, hopefully it evolves into something usable.
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Hook on Aug 01, 2011, 11:18 PM
Sounds very good - Keep up the great work Helen! ;)
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Helen on Aug 07, 2011, 01:16 AM
First version's up and running. If you go to http://www.birdieman.com/stats/, you will see a list of links that start with "stats", just click on the last one for the latest stats. The server is polled every half hour, and if the career list has changed, a new file will be posted.

Plans for the next version:
- fix the display of special characters
- provide more info
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: keller on Aug 07, 2011, 01:23 AM
Thats awesome Helen, good job.
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Ray on Aug 07, 2011, 04:58 AM
Well, at #34 I can now lord it over all those below me, and plot against those above...

:D :-/ >:(  :P
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: keller on Aug 07, 2011, 06:29 AM
We'll be waiting :) ;)
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Hook on Aug 08, 2011, 02:37 PM
Does this latest stats feature actually Place the html file?
Updating (over-writing) old files?
This is very nice - an actual "Custom" Stats (and pages) for UT99.
In other words, new and not already existing stats. ;)
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Helen on Aug 08, 2011, 08:22 PM
Quote from: 404747434C4D4E5110280Does this latest stats feature actually Place the html file?
Updating (over-writing) old files?

Just to be clear, it is not the mutator itself that does this part, no, no. What I have done is written an EXE that does this:
- pulls the stat file down from gameservers ftp space.
- checks to see if the stats have changed.
- if so it generates an htm file, and uploads it to the birdieman ftp space.
- it has a timer so it polls by itself every half hour.

These 'all time' frag stats are better than GameTracker's, because mine catches 100% of the frags, and GameTracker does not. IMO!
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Hermskii on Aug 08, 2011, 11:37 PM
I'm starting to not like game tracker. Not thatI ever liked it anyways but I'm unclear what it polls to determine how it ranks servers.

As near as I can tell, one server with 1 player on it for 6 hours will rank higher than another server with 10 players on it for 5 hours. What I'm saying is I think it just measures any activity verses any activity multiplied by the amount of players. Correct me if you know for sure.
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Helen on Aug 09, 2011, 12:11 AM
I don't know anything about the majority of gametracker's stuff. The only thing I know is that it seems to miss your first 10 minutes (or so) of playing time, and thus however many frags you logged in that time. Which in itself might be skewing the other stats, if we knew how they worked in the first place.
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Helen on Aug 13, 2011, 07:01 PM
A COUPLE OF UPDATES!

A. Now you just have to go to http://www.birdieman.com/stats/ and you will be looking at the latest stats. Note => If you have visited this page before, please refresh it once when you next visit it. This will refresh the style sheet behind the scenes.

B. More stat parsing. Now you can see top 10 players for last half hour, 24 hours, week, and month (though the month one won't show up for another 3 weeks).
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Hermskii on Aug 14, 2011, 11:46 PM
That's pretty cool and the best news was I'm number 6 and not number 7 like I thought!

Good work Helen! That is really cool!
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Helen on Aug 17, 2011, 01:57 PM
The weekly list is not accurate at the moment. At the moment it is an accumulation of 12 days of data. This is due to a lack of cache files because I used to save data differently. It will start to become completely accurate on Aug 21, 2:30pm MST. It may even disappear before then, but it will return.

There are 3 more categories I'm working on. These will be the top 5 all-time scores for each of the 3 time periods (24 hours, week, and month).
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Hook on Aug 18, 2011, 12:16 PM
Then adding a Signature Banner option would be cool for players!!!
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: keller on Aug 18, 2011, 07:26 PM
Agreed
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Helen on Aug 19, 2011, 11:09 AM
I could do a hyperlink. I'd have to get folks to post the link they'd want though, and I'd manually set it.
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Hermskii on Aug 20, 2011, 01:17 AM
So am I number 6 or not? LOL.
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Helen on Aug 20, 2011, 11:12 AM
Quote from: 3E3C3D31333126540So am I number 6 or not? LOL.
vie vood u not be?


Sorry my posts on this thread sound like a technical manual, I'm sure there's at least a couple of people out there who enjoy reading them. Out of 7 billion. Onwards.

I was hosting the stat generating app on my work pc, because it was always on (I turn my home stuff off at night). This allowed it to poll every half hour of the day. However our server at work is down due to the air conditioning. So, fine, I started the app at home in the interim, HOWEVER, it doesn't have the previous cache of info from my work pc, so there are no historical stats at the moment. They will eventually come back.

Taking the good out of this, I'll have a plan in place so that I can access the cached files in the future should this happen again.
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Helen on Aug 23, 2011, 01:24 AM
Ok it's stable, plus some new categories are running, check it out. This version's pretty good, I'll park the development for awhile.
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Hook on Aug 23, 2011, 11:03 AM
Quote from: 6560696D6A040Ok it's stable, plus some new categories are running, check it out. This version's pretty good, I'll park the development for awhile.
This is Very good to hear! - Thanks Helen! :D
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Helen on Aug 29, 2011, 12:03 PM
Dang, I did an update last night, and I see now the various daily and weekly stats are incorrect. Sorry about dat, I'll try to fix tonight.
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Helen on Aug 31, 2011, 12:20 AM
Fixed, all totals correct.
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Hook on Aug 31, 2011, 08:28 PM
I just knew you would fix it Helen - somehow. ;)
Good Job and Thank you.
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Helen on Sep 14, 2011, 10:42 AM
Awhoops, I just noticed the on the web page that the folks whose name start with "E" and "H" are missing. I'll have to fix that. Not sure when though, I have to fix my main PC's motherboard before I can do anything.
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Hook on Sep 14, 2011, 03:54 PM
Quote from: 77727B7F78160Awhoops, I just noticed the on the web page that the folks whose name start with "E" and "H" are missing. I'll have to fix that. Not sure when though, I have to fix my main PC's motherboard before I can do anything.
That is why I am not up there. :o
Gad-Zooks!
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Hermskii on Sep 15, 2011, 12:39 AM
Oh no you didn't Helen! LOL.
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Helen on Sep 17, 2011, 02:38 PM
Ok the web stats are corrected. These players were missing and have been restored:

Captain
Chris_Jones
Chuck
cmdlock
CrabFu*419*
Empress_of_Scrivener
Ethereal_Sedition
EXTASIS
Excalibur
Francisco
fritz
Ft.Worth-Texas
h
Harry_Potter_Is_Back
Hermskii
Hermskii_Jr_(age=6)
Hot[Dog]
Powerslave*420*

I must have done an incorrect conversion from some behind the scenes files from version 135 to 140.

Also, the monthly stats part kicked in a few days ago, check it out if you haven't already.
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Hermskii on Sep 17, 2011, 11:48 PM
So here I am and I am supposed to be on the server playing right now. I am sorry I am not but things are good and things are going on here at home that manke me not be able to play but nothing will keep me from the forums. I will be back to climb this mountain soon too! Peace all!

Thanks for getting me back on the list Helen!
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Helen on Dec 28, 2011, 11:25 PM
A couple of notes. For those that don't know, the players Larry, zenny, Moonskin, and thad were all the same player. I asked him today if I could collapse them into one player, and that one player would get all the frags of the other players. He kindly agreed. So now just zenny is left, and that is why his score is suddenly about 45,000. I wanted to do this so there was more room in the top 10 for other players, since there are more players these days.

Also, this change has momentarily screwed up the "Top 5" sections on the web page, I'm aware of it and I'll fix it later.
Title: Re: Coming soon... career stat list offline
Post by: Hermskii on Dec 30, 2011, 06:58 PM
So in a way, I just moved back up about 3-4 levels and haven't even played! AWESOME! Thanks Zenny!