the mountain

whatever => random thoughts... => Topic started by: Helen on Mar 16, 2014, 06:51 PM

Title: Broken Ankle
Post by: Helen on Mar 16, 2014, 06:51 PM
Well on tuesday morning (march 11th), I broke my ankle in three places. I was riding my bike and hit some ice and crashed.

A nice jogger girl called the ambulance and helped me out. Thanks Sydney!

Accident was at about 9:45 am, and I had surgery at 4:30 pm. My first surgery and first anesthesia. Glad I woke up!

The bugger wouldn't stop bleeding for 3 days after the surgery. It finally stopped a couple days ago, and I feel much better.

It will be 6 weeks of no weight-bearing, then physio. I'm rocking the crutches.

Ok nap time.  :)
Title: Re: Broken Ankle
Post by: StivBators on Mar 17, 2014, 08:16 AM
Wow ! Sorry to hear that. Any pins or screws ?
  Feel better.
Oh yeah, did you get sydney's digits   ;)
Title: Re: Broken Ankle
Post by: RiTALiN on Mar 17, 2014, 10:26 AM
Yeah, i second the wondering about her digits! Terrible news but im glad the bleeding stopped, feel better Helen!  :P I wish thee a speedy recovery!
Title: Re: Broken Ankle
Post by: Helen on Mar 17, 2014, 03:36 PM
Sydney was 22, so that makes her 24 years my junior :)
The funny thing is, she seemed familiar to me, or maybe that 20 minutes waiting for ambulance is just burned into my memory, making it seem like deja vu.

I do have plates/pins/screws, not sure what, I do want to get a copy of an x-ray somehow.

I have this walking cast:
http://www.betterbraces.com/aircast-fp-walking-brace
which comes off, but only when the nurse visits to change the dressing.

I have a vid of the foot when the dressing is getting changed, I'll get it up hereĀ  sometime.

nap time again, lol.
Title: Re: Broken Ankle
Post by: 21 on Mar 18, 2014, 08:30 AM
Man sorry to hear that H. Is your head okay? 
Is your bike still functional?  I know you build pretty decent bicycles. 

I hope they gave you some good meds.

Heal quick!


Title: Re: Broken Ankle
Post by: Hook on Apr 09, 2014, 01:09 PM
How are things now Helen? :-?
Title: Re: Broken Ankle
Post by: RiTALiN on Apr 27, 2014, 07:16 PM
I second the status update. how's teh Helen?  :P
Title: Re: Broken Ankle
Post by: Helen on Apr 27, 2014, 09:01 PM
Getting better thanks. Doctor visit in 11 days, hopefully then he will tell me it is ok to start putting weight on it.
Title: Re: Broken Ankle
Post by: Hook on Apr 29, 2014, 02:02 PM
Godspeed! ;)
Title: Re: Broken Ankle
Post by: Hermskii on May 08, 2014, 11:09 PM
Where are you again? What country? I just now read all of this. Sorry man about the break. You should know that you are way too old to ride a bike. Just like i was way too old to hang on to a goal post and ripped my shoulder out about 3 weeks back. Just for hanging from a pole like I was going to do a pull up. Sheeeesh! Get better Helen. Tell people it was a war injury.
Title: Re: Broken Ankle
Post by: Hook on May 09, 2014, 05:09 PM
Quote from: 0B090804060413610Tell people it was a war injury.
You know Hermskii, if and when I meet you some day, I'll probably die from Laughter as we converse. :o
I am serious!
It is very hard for me to keep a straight face when I read some of your posts. :D
Title: Re: Broken Ankle
Post by: Helen on Jun 09, 2014, 10:04 PM
Here is a video of ankle six days after break/surgery.

http://youtu.be/y7PdAS38Ab0
Title: Re: Broken Ankle
Post by: 21 on Jun 10, 2014, 02:59 PM
H,
What the hell man!  That was after?  I can't imagine before.  Jeez stay off the bike, you're lucky it was just an ankle.  I hope you are doing better now.  Sorry have to go..gonna throw up....lol.
Title: Re: Broken Ankle
Post by: StivBators on Jun 10, 2014, 10:37 PM
 :o Wow ! Looks like they used a sledge hammer to perform the surgery.
Title: Re: Broken Ankle
Post by: RiTALiN on Jun 11, 2014, 01:01 PM
the surgical lines going up on the sides...are those stitches that are trying to burst open ?  :-? that look's incredibly painful, i'm glad your recovering tho ! 
Title: Re: Broken Ankle
Post by: Hook on Jun 12, 2014, 05:31 PM
After watching that, my legs felt like they were going to give out LOL :P :D
Title: Re: Broken Ankle
Post by: Hermskii on Jul 06, 2014, 06:39 PM
IT RUBS THE LOTION ON ITS SKIN!
Title: Re: Broken Ankle
Post by: Hook on Jul 09, 2014, 02:00 PM
Hermskii, is that a movie quote?
Or, have you found the key to me Rum locker? :o
Title: Re: Broken Ankle
Post by: Hermskii on Jul 09, 2014, 07:10 PM
Both!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCSZfmbFJyQ

Burp!

Sorry about the cussing. I could not find a link with no cussing for the quote from the movie.
Title: Re: Broken Ankle
Post by: Hermskii on Jul 12, 2014, 09:22 AM
The video was awesome and gross. Thanks. How about an update on your current status?
Title: Re: Broken Ankle
Post by: Helen on Jul 13, 2014, 09:51 PM
Hey Herm, how are you doing.

A tame video in comparison to the first:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3cMPLQ73Ow

I can:Because I can ride the bike, I started the real training back on July 2nd to get rid of the tire around the middle that accumulated while eating pizzas with the foot up.
Title: Re: Broken Ankle
Post by: Hermskii on Jul 14, 2014, 12:25 AM
Amazing it got that much better so fast. Good job. Take it easy on the training eh. Great vids.
Title: Re: Broken Ankle
Post by: 21 on Jul 14, 2014, 03:08 PM
Glad to see you're doing better.  I hope it stays that way! 
Title: Re: Broken Ankle
Post by: Hook on Jul 15, 2014, 12:09 PM
Yeah, take it easy but have fun!

PIZZA???? :-X
I LOVE pizza! :D