the mountain

whatever => random thoughts... => Topic started by: Helen on Aug 23, 2010, 01:35 AM

Title: monza wheels get an update
Post by: Helen on Aug 23, 2010, 01:35 AM
I painted the rims on my monza, and got new tires. I had to hunt forever on the internet for the tires, they just don't make the size I need anymore (with the raised white lettering). Here were the steps in pictures...

Before:

(http://www.birdieman.com/flink/monzaWheelsBefore.jpg)

Wheels off (stripped one lug nut too, I have NO idea how I got it off). Heh, it looks like the front is held up by a log and a 2x4, but there is actually a real stand behind it  :)

(http://www.birdieman.com/flink/monzaWheelsOff.jpg)

Painting the rims:

(http://www.birdieman.com/flink/monzaWheelsPaint.jpg)

Rims back on, still with old tires, and minus the beauty rings.

(http://www.birdieman.com/flink/monzaWheelsOn.jpg)

Back from the tire shop, beauty rings on, all done!

(http://www.birdieman.com/flink/monzaWheelsAfter.jpg)
Title: Re: monza wheels get an update
Post by: Hermskii on Feb 04, 2011, 12:14 AM
I had a buddy that had one of those or at least it looked just like it. It was a stick shift and he let me drive it everywhere. I recall feeling real close to the ground when I drove it. Fun!