UT4 and now the UT4 Editor are available free. :D :) ;)
Here is a video of the first somewhat finished map !
http://youtu.be/pu4JZc9JABY
download link: http://www.unrealtournament.com/blog/
Necris and Malcolm http://youtu.be/Jgu-_I3znr4
Why free now, what happened to their subscription plan?
That map looks good, and incredibly detailed. Are there new tools in the editor to help with that? Or did that map take 6 months to make?
The shock rifle combo, oh man is that ever lame looking!!
So how many people on average are playing this?
I like the world graphics, reminds me of UT3. Judging by the number of shots required to kill bots, it definitely looks like it plays like UT99...lol. I will have to try it when it's finished.
Quote from: 00050C080F610Why free now, what happened to their subscription plan?
This is the e-mail they sent me :
Quote from: 67626B6F68060That map looks good, and incredibly detailed. Are there new tools in the editor to help with that? Or did that map take 6 months to make?
The assets in that map will be available to use in your own maps just like UT99 assets. It's pretty bare right now but that stuff will be coming both from epic and the community.
The shock rifle combo, oh man is that ever lame looking!!
Pre Alpha ! It can change. I kinda like it.
So how many people on average are playing this?
Pic:
Fantastic news, im glad to see them do this. Thx for the update !
Only 140 players?
Well I guess it needs more maps to come along.
Another question. Can one still add mutators?
I'm sure you can. I just don't know anything about that coding stuff !
New flak shell.
FREE? - Yep, good move!
A lot of mappers did not want to pay to map I am sure! ;)
I am very happy, the Flak cannon now shoots accurately and with extreme prejudice. Question about system requirements. What video card spec's would you recommend for best use with the Unreal Engine 4 and Unreal Tournament 4? Even a minimum would serve to quell my curiousity.