the mountain

whatever => random thoughts... => Topic started by: Helen on Aug 28, 2011, 05:57 PM

Title: bicycles these days
Post by: Helen on Aug 28, 2011, 05:57 PM
If I was a younger man, this is what I would be doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Cj6ho1-G6tw&vq=medium
Title: Re: bicycles these days
Post by: Hook on Aug 28, 2011, 08:31 PM
Awesome!
Also, Scotland is on my Bucket List. ;)
Title: Re: bicycles these days
Post by: keller on Aug 29, 2011, 06:13 AM
Scotland is a beautiful looking place, add that to my bucket list as well, castles rule! 

This is Cyclist parkour-very nice, wonder how many takes it too lol.

Title: Re: bicycles these days
Post by: Helen on Aug 29, 2011, 07:20 PM
Quote from: 313F36363F285A0This is Cyclist parkour-very nice, wonder how many takes it too lol.

You can see in the shot where he's drinking something that his arm is all bruised  :)
Title: Re: bicycles these days
Post by: Hook on Aug 29, 2011, 08:50 PM
Oh, I thought I saw a tattoo.
I'll have to watch it again.
Title: Re: bicycles these days
Post by: Helen on Aug 30, 2011, 12:20 AM
Quote from: 0B0C0C080706051A5B630Oh, I thought I saw a tattoo.
I'll have to watch it again.
You could be right.
Title: Re: bicycles these days
Post by: Hermskii on Aug 30, 2011, 11:30 PM
It is scarring. LOL. That was so awesome. I'm shaking. OMG. Really. I'm jammin that link up on my forum and have a few biking buds who are going to love this. Thanks!
Title: Re: bicycles these days
Post by: a nameless entity on Oct 30, 2011, 06:04 PM
I can't recall why I dropped by this forum today, but I'm glad I did.  I had forgotten about this video.  It is awesome indeed.  I'm wondering how long it took to do.  Two cameras to set up, and lots of practicing to get the moves at each spot down pat means a lot of time spent.  I see that this fellow has done a number of other videos as well.
If he is making a living at this sport, then more power to him.   8-) 

(I've seen similar stuff to this done with motorbikes too, but they being larger and heavier cannot match this kind of stuff, I don't think.  Although it's been a while since I watched any of that, and could well be wrong.)
Title: Re: bicycles these days
Post by: Hermskii on Nov 08, 2011, 08:32 PM
I have personally showed this video to too many people to count. I love watching it and am getting addicted to the music too. Thanks for the great find Helen.
Title: Re: bicycles these days
Post by: Helen on Nov 08, 2011, 10:56 PM
Quote from: 262425292B293E4C0I have personally showed this video to too many people to count. I love watching it and am getting addicted to the music too. Thanks for the great find Helen.
You can thank my mum who originally sent it to me lol.
Me too for the music, I really like the one track by The Jezabels, always a score to find new music.

Quote from: 0B202528293E4C0(I've seen similar stuff to this done with motorbikes too, but they being larger and heavier cannot match this kind of stuff, I don't think.Although it's been a while since I watched any of that, and could well be wrong.)
I like the bicycle stuff better I think because I feel I could possibly do it myself. Actually I could try, fail, and pick myself up and try again. Whereas with a motorbike if I failed one of those modern stunts I'd break something.