the mountain

Unreal Tournament 99 => the world of UT 99 => Topic started by: Ray on May 27, 2020, 02:51 AM

Title: Cola Wars for CTF
Post by: Ray on May 27, 2020, 02:51 AM
Over this Memorial Day Weekend, and coupled with an unusual work schedule for understandable reasons, I had something of a 5-day weekend. With not much else to do, I went through all my CTF maps and checked which ones might benefit from added UTDMW (Warlords) & UTDMT (Titans). All in all, I edited about 2 dozen maps.

This one was first because I thought it could do with UTDMW and it had things that needed fixing.
(https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/evilgrins/3189901/4790756/4790756_original.png)

Flags in the bases are supposed to say the name of the soda listed for that side, but the Red Flag wasn't setup right. It looked like a normal flag, so I had to fix the skinning of that. Flags look the same as always when picked up, but when in the base they're supposed to have Coke on the Red & Pepsi on the Blue.

I added an IntroBoss on either side of the spawn-in level, it's separated from the entire map, only can spawn in there before exiting to play. A long time back someone made a Coca-Cola/Pepsi skin for the Boss model, unrelated to this map... I think, so I used the skins from that in those instances.

Needed a pic for the selection window too... found something amusing.

Warlords are named Lord Coke & Lord Pepsi.

All in all, I think this is very fun.
(https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/evilgrins/3189901/4790283/4790283_original.png)

Usual Suspects:[/u]
.u - /system
.unr - /maps
.utx - /textures
.png - pwetty
.jpg - silly

Enjoy!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/750adx1gh05ifl5/CTF-UTDMW-ColaWars.zip