the mountain

Unreal Tournament 99 => the world of UT 99 => Topic started by: Ray on Jan 22, 2015, 10:47 AM

Title: colorful tanks are not huggable
Post by: Ray on Jan 22, 2015, 10:47 AM
This is an edit CTF-Eagles, which I didn't get permission as it's often hard to track down mappers for maps that are nearly 10 years old. Not that I haven't tried, something of a crediting-whore; I may find a way to contact the guy eventually.

Mostly for my own usage, I've been editing the UTDMT (Unreal Tournament Deathmatch Titan) onto a lot of CTF & CTF4 maps. Total I've got a little over a dozen. Unlike maps like CTF-Titania, I give the thing the full range of its team's side of the map. Also skinned them so it's easier to tell who's on what team.

Mainly for display purposes, to give a clearer idea of a lil' project I'm doing for Hermskii, thought I'd share one of them. In his case, as Herm is very not in favor of foul language, on the map I'm working for him I'm censoring the titans, as what they say is completely configurable...
(http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/evilgrins/3189901/3298830/3298830_original.png)
...although I should mention, the 2 titans on this map curse like sailors!

Usual Suspects:
.umx /music
.unr /maps
.utx /textures
.u /system
.png - pretty
.txt - this message will self-destruct

I typically play maps with the UTDMT on them without translocators, as it's too easy to just telefrag them, but I leave that up to you. I also don't use the MonsterSpawn mutator on the map as it will remove them when it swaps stuff around.

Enjoy!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/u2xixqq7ulxxpja/CTF-Eagles2Titans.zip
Title: Re: colorful tanks are not huggable
Post by: Helen on Jan 23, 2015, 10:33 PM
Quote from: 7F6C73767D687374691A0This is an edit CTF-Eagles, which I didn't get permission as it's often hard to track down mappers for maps that are nearly 10 years old. Not that I haven't tried, something of a crediting-whore; I may find a way to contact the guy eventually.
I hear ya as far as trying to contact these guys!
Title: Re: colorful tanks are not huggable
Post by: Ray on Jan 28, 2015, 12:42 AM
Quote from: 72777E7A7D130I hear ya as far as trying to contact these guys!
For the base of the superhero skins I'd been editing for near a decade, I finally managed to track him down about 2 years ago. Gave me his blessing, loved what I'd done from his stuff.