the mountain

Unreal Tournament 99 => the world of UT 99 => Topic started by: Ray on Mar 23, 2015, 01:38 AM

Title: CTF-DesertFoxTitans was partially inspired by papercoffee
Post by: Ray on Mar 23, 2015, 01:38 AM
A long time ago I asked if it was possible to attach a voicepack to a monster, and papercoffee was very against the idea:
(http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/evilgrins/3189901/3388805/3388805_original.png)

This map's been done a long time, but I decided to voicepack the TeamPupae on the map at the last minute. I juggled around a few other TeamMonsters on the map but none of them worked out for what I needed. See, I don't know how to do CreatureFactories and to use TeamMonsters on a map, like on CTF-FaceKrall, that's ideal. Without that, what I'm left with is making a nearly unkillable pupae for each time. About as slow as a normal pupae but lethal...
(http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/evilgrins/3189901/3388942/3388942_original.png)

...and, of course, it speaks in a way that would creep out papercoffee.

Beyond that, plus a UTDMT on each team, it's a fairly standard castle-themed map. One of my faves for many years, but it was ideal for an edit of the type I had in mind:
(http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/evilgrins/3189901/3388586/3388586_original.png)

Usual Suspects:
==============
.utx /textures
.u /system
.int /system
.unr /maps
.png - pwetty
ReadMe - this message will self-destruct

Enjoy!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/f5b4f2amlso1fbe/CTF-DesertFoxTitans.zip
Title: Re: CTF-DesertFoxTitans was partially inspired by papercoffee
Post by: RiTALiN on Mar 31, 2015, 11:01 AM
Cool stuff will definitely give it a go, how do you go about making the voicepacks? Never really seen that done before.
Title: Re: CTF-DesertFoxTitans was partially inspired by papercoffee
Post by: Hook on Mar 31, 2015, 02:10 PM
UnrealGecko over at HUTP does voice packs also, if you need to ask him. ;)