the mountain

Unreal Tournament 99 => the world of UT 99 => Topic started by: Ray on Aug 12, 2011, 09:40 PM

Title: Your input in ut99
Post by: Ray on Aug 12, 2011, 09:40 PM
My very first 1st person shooter was Wolfenstein 3·D. The original one with what would be viewed today as truly crappy digitized graphics. At the time it was cutting edge.

It was the early 1990's. Go figure.

The point is, the controls the game had as defaults have pretty much shaped my control setting for every 1st person shooter since. I reconfigure them to that same basic setup, with a slight variation given that Wolfenstein originally didn't have a concept of up & down.

When playing Unreal Tournament, I barely use the mouse unless I'm sniping, all of my controls are in the keyboard:

Ctrl = fire
Spacebar = alt fire
Alt = Walk
A = Jump
Z = Crouch
Page Up = Look up
Page Down = Look down
Home = Center view
Q = Throw weapon
W = Throw relic

I use the same controls in every Unreal game. Had to litterlly cut & paste them into Unreal 2 as some of those moves didn't exist in the game initially.

[size=150]Question:[/size]
Do you use the controls for ut99 that the game has set for defaults or do you customize them a certain way that's easier for you?
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: Helen on Aug 12, 2011, 11:51 PM
I'm a lefty, I play with mouse in my left hand. My right hand uses the number pad area.

strafe left = 1
strafe right = 3
forward = 5
backward = 2
jump = enter
bestweapon = 0
minigun = 4
translocator = 6
flak = 7
shock rifle = 8
sniper rifle = 9
hammer = +

Oh and
[size=24]Suggestion: use the mouse[/size]
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: Ray on Aug 16, 2011, 11:29 PM
I've tried using the mouse for more but it majorly screws me up. I play much worse, I'm more of a close quarters fighter anyway...
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: Helen on Aug 17, 2011, 01:42 PM
[movedhere] random thoughts...   [move by] Helen.
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: 21 on Jan 05, 2012, 01:22 AM
Most of the time I use Keller's setup, except I have 6 weapons on my mouse.

scroll up-sniper/shock
middle mouse -lasergun/rockets
scroll down- flak/machine gun

I will have to give Ray's keyboard idea a try. 
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: 21 on Jan 07, 2012, 02:52 AM
Okay, so I tried just using the keyboard.  Yikes!  I can't do it.  I can't aim well enough.  Moving is okay but trying to look around and at moving targets is pretty near impossible. I don't know how you do it......lol
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: Hermskii on Jan 07, 2012, 03:12 AM
I use arrows to move, ctrl to jump, mouse to look around, aim, fire and switch weapons. Yeah, I have to have a mouse. I have never played UT on a console either.
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: StivBators on Jan 20, 2012, 08:44 PM
Left hand on keyboard, arrows for movement, ctrl to jump, num pad 0 to toggle crouch, numpad 1 toggle sniper and shock, numpad 2 toggle mini and pulse, numpad 4 toggle flak and RL, app menu key to throw weapon, pagedown IR on, delete IR off. Right hand on mouse, aim, fire, alt fire, and next weapon.  So many choices, still getting used to it.
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: Helen on Jan 21, 2012, 01:18 AM
Quote from: 6147425740705757320Left hand on keyboard, arrows for movement, ctrl to jump, num pad 0 to toggle crouch, numpad 1 toggle sniper and shock, numpad 2 toggle mini and pulse, numpad 4 toggle flak and RL, app menu key to throw weapon, pagedown IR on, delete IR off. Right hand on mouse, aim, fire, alt fire, and next weapon.  So many choices, still getting used to it.

if you made the keypad's 1,2,3, and 5 your "arrow" buttons, think of all the other buttons you would have within reach for other stuff!
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: StivBators on Jan 21, 2012, 02:01 PM
You may have something there. Will have to give that a try.
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: medor on Jan 21, 2012, 04:00 PM
Aliases[25]=(Command="adminlogin allianteam|pause|set input Pause unpauseserver",Alias=pauseserver)
Aliases[26]=(Command="pause|adminlogout|set input Pause pauseserver",Alias=unpauseserver)
Aliases[27]=(Command="getweapon ImpactHammer|Button bFire|Fire|OnRelease Jump",Alias=Hjump)

LeftMouse=Fire
RightMouse=AltFire
MiddleMouse=getweapon Grappling|GetWeapon BotPack.Translocator|HOOKOFFHANDFIRE
Shift=walking
Ctrl=JumpRel|DoubleJump|Jump
Equals=Mutate EavyAssaultPlus|Say I swich team
Comma=Nextteam|Say I swich team
Minus=ShrinkHUD
Period=ThrowWeapon
Slash=NextWeapon
Backslash=ChangeHud
f=FeignDeath | teamsay {-FLAG PASS-}
i=mutate bdbmapvote votemenu
NumPad0=duck
NumPad1=teamsay LOWER - LEFT
NumPad2=teamsay \/ LOW \/
NumPad3=teamsay LOWER - RIGHT
NumPad4=teamsay << LEFT <<
NumPad5=teamsay --MIDDLE--
NumPad6=teamsay >> RIGHT >>
NumPad7=teamsay HIGHER - LEFT
NumPad8=teamsay /\ HIGH /\
NumPad9=teamsay HIGHER - RIGHT
MouseWheelDown=PrevWeapon
MouseWheelUp=SwitchToBestWeapon
UnknownDF=ShowEmoticonMenu
Unknown5D=DoubleJump|JumpRel|Hjump
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: medor on Jan 21, 2012, 04:04 PM
No edit fonction ?

Left=StrafeLeft | mutate PrevPlayer
Right=StrafeRight | mutate NextPlayer
Down=MoveBackward
Up=MoveForward
Insert=suicide
Shift=walking
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: Helen on Jan 21, 2012, 05:07 PM
Quote from: 6961606B766961606B76040No edit fonction ?
There should be a "modify" button to the top right of the post.

Quote from: 6961606B766961606B76040Aliases[25]=(Command="adminlogin allianteam|pause|set input Pause unpauseserver",Alias=pauseserver)
Aliases[26]=(Command="pause|adminlogout|set input Pause pauseserver",Alias=unpauseserver)
What do these do?
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: medor on Jan 23, 2012, 02:32 AM
QuoteThere should be a "modify" button to the top right of the post.

I have not (http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/forum/images/smilies/dunno.gif) maybe i m not in a group forum who can do that ?

Quote from: 6961606B766961606B76040Aliases[25]=(Command="adminlogin allianteam|pause|set input Pause unpauseserver",Alias=pauseserver)
Aliases[26]=(Command="pause|adminlogout|set input Pause pauseserver",Alias=unpauseserver)
What do these do?[/quote]

This Alias=pauseserver is pause and unpause the server.
allianteam is the pass server (a hold server not work)


F7=ADMINLOGIN allianteam
F8=ADMINLOGOUT allianceteam


Pause=pauseserver
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: StivBators on Jan 23, 2012, 10:34 AM
Quote from: 6560696D6A040
Quote from: 6147425740705757320Left hand on keyboard, arrows for movement, ctrl to jump, num pad 0 to toggle crouch, numpad 1 toggle sniper and shock, numpad 2 toggle mini and pulse, numpad 4 toggle flak and RL, app menu key to throw weapon, pagedown IR on, delete IR off. Right hand on mouse, aim, fire, alt fire, and next weapon.  So many choices, still getting used to it.

if you made the keypad's 1,2,3, and 5 your "arrow" buttons, think of all the other buttons you would have within reach for other stuff!
Think I will slide everything over to WASD area, feels a little cramped for me at 1,2,3,5.
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: 21 on Jan 25, 2012, 11:25 PM
When I don't feel like dodging, I sometimes use a Logitech Precision gamepad in my left hand and a mouse in my right.  The two top buttons on the left side of the gamepad are for jumping and ducking.  It actually works ok.
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: Hermskii on Jan 26, 2012, 09:40 AM
I'm too stupid to memorize and try to use more than about 8 buttons in a game. New games with all of their options make my head spin.

5 - 6 butons in left hand and a mouse with 2 buttons in right hand feels perfect.
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: Hook on Jan 26, 2012, 01:53 PM
Quote from: 5456575B595B4C3E0I'm too stupid to memorize and try to use more than about 8 buttons in a game. New games with all of their options make my head spin.

5 - 6 butons in left hand and a mouse with 2 buttons in right hand feels perfect.
LOL - Ditto - pretty close.
I like the simplicity of UT - did right from the start. ;)
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: Hermskii on Jan 26, 2012, 02:18 PM
Did my edit button disappear? Was it ever here?
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: Helen on Jan 26, 2012, 02:53 PM
Quote from: 393B3A36343621530Did my edit button disappear? Was it ever here?
There's a "Modify" button. Or should be.
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: Hermskii on Jan 26, 2012, 08:22 PM
Nope. I have no modify button. Anybody else have one I can borrow or maybe that you can point out to me. It doesn't matter. I can just post in GOD MODE whenever I'm here for now on. LOL.
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: Helen on Jan 26, 2012, 10:32 PM
Only thing I found in admin section was "set time limit for users to edit their posts" which was set to 10 days. Anyways I took off the time limit. Can you see the modify button now?
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: Hermskii on Jan 26, 2012, 11:34 PM
Yes! Yes, I see it! I can see it! OMG! It's right there! It's so beautiful...

Thanks.

I wish I had that setting in my forum. That is awesome. What a great idea. A time limit. I must check and see if I can do that. Thanks again.
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: Hook on Jan 27, 2012, 01:41 PM
Herm, I believe that we DO have that very same "time limit" setting on our phpBB3 forums.
I saw it somewhere - I will find again!
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: Helen on Jan 29, 2012, 11:30 AM
Quote from: 6D6F6E62606275070Yes! Yes, I see it! I can see it! OMG! It's right there! It's so beautiful...

Thanks.

I wish I had that setting in my forum. That is awesome. What a great idea. A time limit. I must check and see if I can do that. Thanks again.

Well thanks for letting me know there was a problem. And I wish I had that setting too, since it doesn't seem to be working properly   :-/
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: Hermskii on Jan 29, 2012, 03:04 PM
HOOK showed me where it was on mine and I have set it. I can also control how much time they have to delete something they have posted. Cool! Thanks HOOK.
Title: Re: Your input in ut99
Post by: Hook on Feb 04, 2012, 02:37 AM
Hey you bet!