the mountain

Unreal Tournament 99 => the world of UT 99 => Topic started by: Ray on Oct 30, 2016, 11:59 PM

Title: Compulsive + Black Beauty
Post by: Ray on Oct 30, 2016, 11:59 PM
Quote from: 43464F4B4C220How about Compulsive or Liandri?
Any coincidence both those maps' music is Mayhem? It's a great piece, no doubt.

Black Beauty was a little hard to place. Liandri was impossible, but I found a spot on Compulsive... although I warn you now that she's gonna kick everybody's ass who plays there.

Let me know if you want her censored a bit.

usual suspects
.u /system
.unr /maps
.utx /textures
Title: Re: Compulsive + Black Beauty
Post by: Helen on Oct 31, 2016, 12:15 AM
Groovy I'll have a look at this tomorrow night.
Title: Re: Compulsive + Black Beauty
Post by: Ray on Oct 31, 2016, 01:13 AM
Give you an idea of what to expect...
(http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/evilgrins/3189901/3926686/3926686_original.png)

(http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/evilgrins/3189901/3926879/3926879_original.png)

(http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/evilgrins/3189901/3927060/3927060_original.png)
Title: Re: Compulsive + Black Beauty
Post by: Ray on Nov 06, 2016, 07:32 PM
Basically with this map, it'd've been better if the play area was MUCH LARGER. As it is, Black Beauty dominates that map as the only place where there was enough room for her was a main thoroughfare.

When I asked Helen what her fave maps were, I should've probably specified LARGE ones.

Although, if I'm not mistaken, she did make a large one called Foom... or something like that.

Found it ยท https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3289
Title: Re: Compulsive + Black Beauty
Post by: Hook on Dec 02, 2016, 12:30 PM
FYI - we also run DM-Foom (by Helen) on our CMM server! :)
Love the lighting in Foom!
One of the better maps in UT99 IMO !!! (putting it mildly) :D
Title: Re: Compulsive + Black Beauty
Post by: medor on Dec 04, 2016, 11:31 AM
Not try but there is to DM-UK-Foom-V2
Title: Re: Compulsive + Black Beauty
Post by: Helen on Dec 04, 2016, 09:11 PM
Quote from: 7A727378657A72737865170Not try but there is to DM-UK-Foom-V2
Huh. I checked that out and it is my map. The changes are odd...
- removed invisible collision hulls (so players could get to unfinished areas I guess).
- made skybox a hexagon instead of square (no idea the point of this).
- put a chainsaw on top of a bunch of buildings (ok?).
- added custom music (ok).

but that's fine.
Title: Re: Compulsive + Black Beauty
Post by: RiTALiN on Dec 04, 2016, 10:40 PM
Quote from: 293A25202B3E25223F4C0I should've probably specified LARGE ones.

Ray... :o That is an awesome...Titan! I love the colors! Did you skin that as well?   also I kind of miss the original Foom now after playing it flooded so much. Helen, is it possible after the holidays to put regular foom in the rotation again?
Title: Re: Compulsive + Black Beauty
Post by: Ray on Dec 04, 2016, 11:19 PM
Quote from: 6874497278796E74797D783C0Ray... :o That is an awesome...Titan! I love the colors! Did you skin that as well?
Yeah, it's an edit for a skin I took out of ut2004:
(http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/evilgrins/3189901/2625303/2625303_original.png)