the mountain

Unreal Tournament 99 => the world of UT 99 => Topic started by: StivBators on Jan 23, 2015, 08:42 PM

Title: Netspeed=0
Post by: StivBators on Jan 23, 2015, 08:42 PM
Silly newnet. I forgot it set my netspeed to 12000 so I thought I'd set it back to 8800. This is what happens when you inadvertently set netspeed to 0 :
http://youtu.be/rKY12-L-L14
Title: Re: Netspeed=0
Post by: Helen on Jan 23, 2015, 10:30 PM
Kewl. Weird that it doesn't replicate the bot, but it replicates you getting shot and fragged.
Title: Re: Netspeed=0
Post by: Hook on Feb 20, 2015, 09:48 AM
LOL - that might be a challenge LOL ;D
Steve Polge says that no player should ever draw beyond a NetSpeed of about 7000 max, so 8800 should be plenty and cover all.
Does NewNet somehow increase this?
Title: Re: Netspeed=0
Post by: StivBators on Feb 20, 2015, 05:31 PM
Quote from: 393E3E3A3534372869510Does NewNet somehow increase this?

Yes. If you enter a server running newnet, it bumps it to 12000.  :o No warning. Just adjusts your ini for you. What else might it be adjusting ?!?
Title: Re: Netspeed=0
Post by: Hook on Feb 26, 2015, 11:36 AM
Hmmmmm - glad I don't need (or want) it on our CMM server! ;)