the mountain

Unreal Tournament 99 => the world of UT 99 => Topic started by: Ray on Nov 10, 2023, 03:01 PM

Title: CTF-XV-UTDMS-Veniis
Post by: Ray on Nov 10, 2023, 03:01 PM
Buggie's original for ut99 had, in my estimation, way too many jeeps for such a relatively medium sized map; they had to go.
(https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/evilgrins/3189901/6950904/6950904_original.png)
To be replaced by a different XV and a more friendly face.

Okay, maybe "friendly" isn't the right word.

I'd already gotten Buggie's permission to edit his conversion...

...but I went to get it from SexyBack too:
https://unrealarchive.org/authors/sexyback.html
Unfortunately, SB doesn't have any contact info.

Oh well.

I left the weapons racks and I added something else from XV, which isn't technically a "vehicle".
(https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/evilgrins/3189901/6950428/6950428_original.png)
On either side of each base are 2 raised platforms, ideal for sniping... and it seemed to me there was enough room for a turret up there.

To get up there you simply use the opposite side jump-pads (right one bounces up left & vice versa) or I suppose "jump-ponds" might be more accurate, which are directly in front of the flag area.

Usual Suspects[/b]
.u - /system
.unr - /maps
png - Pwetty!

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2mlmrshco5iv63h/CTF-XV-UTDMS-Veniis.zip

You can get Xvehicles here · https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14936 · which you need to make this work!