Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic First map that hooked you on the game (Read 1859 times)
Ultimate Member

Hello

First map that hooked you on the game
Jun 18th, 2018 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Hi everyone,
Ray' and Medor's posts reminded me of the first map that hooked me on this game.  It was DM-Zahltag.  The map is huge, but I played it with my friends on a Lan server as a DM game instead of what most players now use as a sniper map. I love the jump from the top of a tall building to a pool, the secret heath areas, and the funky music coming from the bar. I think I might just re-add it my maps again!

IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Re: First map that hooked you on the game
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
My first was definitely DM-Agony, just the description and the general lighting and atmosphere of it still makes it my favorite today, to me it's got great flow, good weapon placement and the powerups are spread out but fit the flow. The stained glass Angel & Demon really make it seem like your in a ghastly monastery where all the original inhabitants (Probably Nali Priests!) were massacred and its now used to host the tournament. Certain sections of it are visually stunning like standing by the shield belt and looking upwards at the moon with some foliage in the way. Yes lol I'm darn passionate about my ambience.  Tongue

Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.
IP Logged

medor

Hello

Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
CTF-Coret a long long time ago

IP Logged

Ray
Ultimate Member

Feed me!

Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2018 at 12:37am
Print Post  
I've been somewhat playing UT since it 1st came out, a bit longer than that as a friend of mine was beta-testing the demo version (least I think he was) before the official release.

Not until folks started customizing maps did I get hooked, plus I needed a distraction as the love of life had shattered my soul (godz above I'm needy) and there was UT.

The 1st map that ever really grabbed me, and has been my favorite to this day, is HallOfGiants. Made originally for CTF, there are now versions for literally each gametype and they come in a wide range of variety; including DM-HallOfGiantsExtreme which this forum's Helen fixed after years of my being told it couldn't be fixed.

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint