Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Wordie (Read 516 times)
TankBeef

Hello

Wordie
May 10th, 2022 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Hey Helen!!!  Smiley I finally played your Wordie map. Wow, I was truly surprised. I don't know if you were inspired by the FoT maps, but it feels like something from those packs. To me at least.

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Re: Wordie
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2022 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
I think I have looked at some FoT maps in the past but I cannot recall them. Perhaps it is the texture theme?

And now, if you need a cure for your insomnia, read on.

So this map is the next edition of DM-Words. As some of you know, in DM-Words, you can hammer through a hole in the wall, then teleport to up top, and looking down, you can see that the geometry of the map spells "birdie". So for this next edition, I decided to try to make it spell "wordie".

You are getting sleepy, very sleepy...

I tried plotting it out on paper but it wasn't looking very interesting. So I decided to abandon the word thing and do something new. But the name stuck. And the players spawning within a door is of course an idea from the original, I wanted to keep something.  I didn't want to spend too much time on it so I just based the geometry on "blocks", where I knew I could design a few unique blocks, and then copy/paste them throughout the whole map.

Sorry about your head hitting the desk...

End result? Pretty good I think considering I didn't spend much time on it. I do like it, except, it turned out too big IMO. My base block size was 384 cubed. So now I am redoing the whole map, except with 256 cubed blocks. So it will be about 33% smaller.

At least, now that you have been committed, you get bed and breakfast.

The original map will be renamed to Wordie384, and the new one will be Wordie256. I might release the one I don't use on the servers. Or maybe I'll release them both, since they are originals. Maybe I'll ask my doctor. Sorry, who was committed? I'm confused.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Re: Wordie
Reply #2 - May 14th, 2022 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Helen wrote on May 14th, 2022 at 2:55pm:
I might release the one I don't use on the servers. Or maybe I'll release them both, since they are originals.

That would be awesome!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint