Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic What has this server meant to you? (Read 794 times)
TankBeef

Hello

What has this server meant to you?
Feb 20th, 2022 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
So, I decided to start this thread called "What has this server meant to you?". I don't know about you, but I am so glad that Mount St. Helen exists, and I will make public some of the reason why that is so. The impact of covid cannot be denied, the lockdowns were terrible, we all struggled, activities were severely limited. So in those days, I returned to UT after a really long break. And I found Helen's server. And it helped me get through those tough months. Helen has been among the kindest, friendliest server admins I have ever known. So much of this server feels perfect. You can have fun even if you are not the best player. And the environment is so nice. Most of the players are great. I have made friends there. I feel like home there. I don't get that feeling anywhere else. This week in the Dominican Republic, the country where I am from, covid restrictions have been finally lifted, including masks, so I am very relieved. But I will keep playing here as much as I can, cause the experience has been awesome. How about you all? Has this server meant something to you? Or not?  Smiley

IP Logged

Se7eN

Hello

Re: What has this server meant to you?
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
My experience is still somewhat new on MSH, but so far it's been one of the best places for me to play UT.

Namely because of the players; they tend to be friendly, always saying hi and good game etc, which is a nice change of pace from the attitudes of some other players on other servers.

Covid has been rough here in Quebec, we've had several lockdowns and socializing has helped me through it. I'm happy I found this place and grateful for the new friends I made Smiley

IP Logged

Dr Boo

Hello

Reply #2 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
MSH is the only server I play on.  It has a great rotation of maps that I enjoy and things are switched up often enough to keep things interesting while maintaining consistency.  With that said, I can't state enough how much I enjoy fragging with the regulars there.  HAMMERED, HAMJO, D_Cups, Red_Dog, Helen, Ross, Greg, and B&W are just a few of the players that make for an exceptional game - Both with their skill and kindness.  Tank and Se7eN... You guys are as close to me as any clan member back in the day.  You both epitomize the skill and kindness I was referring to earlier.  What follows is my review of the server:

Five Stars.  Nice rotation of maps with great regulars.  Only criticism is levels are sometimes left dirty with blood and guts from previous play.  Highly recommend!

IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #3 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Dr Boo wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 9:28pm:
Tank and Se7eN... You guys are as close to me as any clan member back in the day.  You both epitomize the skill and kindness I was referring to earlier. 

Glad to read that, Boo. You are also awesome.  Smiley

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #4 - Feb 21st, 2022 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Dr Boo wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 9:28pm:
...levels are sometimes left dirty with blood and guts...

I do sweep out the bad guys, at least it gets rid of the pungent odor. Leaving just us brainy types left Smiley

I think I just mentioned in another post, it's nice to still have players in this day and age. Expand your horizons for sure, no problem there, just keep that UT installed, and pop in now and then.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint