Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Map bug (Read 1573 times)
Se7eN

Hello

Map bug
Feb 8th, 2022 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
Found a map bug where the object should be solid (Would have given a more relevant title to the post but forgot the name of the map):

https://streamable.com/s5rk3n

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Re: Map bug
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2022 at 2:07am
Print Post  
I know of that bug, but since you took the time to make a video, I should take the time to fix it.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Se7eN

Hello

Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2022 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
No worries about the fixing, I don't mean to come across as criticizing oversights or anything like that. To me they're kinda like easter eggs in a way Smiley It also takes very little effort to record these.

I found a rather interesting one today though! I noticed a player clip through a wall so I went and tried to walk through it and got some cool 1960's tie-dye results Grin

https://streamable.com/uoqitq

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #3 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 3:43am
Print Post  
Verdana - I tried fixing it, I would fix one thing, and a few more holes would appear, etc, so I abandoned that fix.

Bakuretsu - known bug, well I always wanted to add another corridor in the map anyways, so I cracked it open, and did that and was able to fix the bug. It has been uploaded to the server.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2022 at 3:51pm by Helen »  

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Se7eN

Hello

Reply #4 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 6:40am
Print Post  
I want to reiterate that my intentions weren't to criticize, and on the same token I appreciate you taking the time to fix it. I'm happy with the maps and server as they are, so any time you sink into those I'm grateful for.

Sidenote: I'd be more than willing to contribute if ever you setup a donation page, I am aware of the time and financial investment that can go into running a server and you have my loyal support.

PS: What are your thoughts on having MapVote on the server?

Cheers <3

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #5 - Feb 21st, 2022 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
I did not take it that you were criticizing, it is nice when people take the time to point out a bug.

The time I spend on my server is rewarded with people actually playing on it.

Mapvote - 3 reasons why not for now.
  • Not my preference - plus I asked recently on here if folks wanted it, majority said no.
  • Not compatible with my stats mutator - last time I checked, which was probably 10 years ago admittedly.
  • I only like to use mutators that I have coded myself - and creating a mapvote would be a big job. I'm more into mapping now.

More on the last point. I have a long term goal for all the maps in the rotation to support both CTF and DOM. Then I will write a "game type" vote for the end of game, where the players would vote whether to play the next map as DM, TDM, CTF, or DOM. My stats mutator supports all four. I've seen it working for DM and TDM, I would like to see it in action for CTF and DOM.

P.S. I'm not sure you've been here for a TDM week, but about 3 times a year I set the game type as TDM for a week. In fact it is kind of overdue for a TDM week.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #6 - Feb 22nd, 2022 at 1:12am
Print Post  
I may be repeating what I wrote when you did the poll, Helen. My experience with map vote on servers is: wow, look at all those maps to choose from   Smiley , but then players vote for the same 3 or 4.  Sad And Deck, always Deck (I love Deck_40 though  Wink ). Hey, the playlist style this server has means we get to experience so many good maps. Helen, you really know how to choose them. High quality stuff. Some of my favorites I played them the first time here. I doubt I would had discovered them on a map vote server.

IP Logged

Se7eN

Hello

Reply #7 - Feb 22nd, 2022 at 2:01am
Print Post  
Quote:
My experience with map vote on servers is: wow, look at all those maps to choose from   Smiley , but then players vote for the same 3 or 4.

Very good point TankBeef. Helen has a very good map rotation, and I hadn't considered that if mapvote was on, that we wouldn't see many of them. I retract my question regarding mapvote!  Grin

Quote:
I'm not sure you've been here for a TDM week, but about 3 times a year I set the game type as TDM for a week. In fact it is kind of overdue for a TDM week.

Oh heck yeah! I love team games  Cheesy

IP Logged

Se7eN

Hello

Reply #8 - Mar 11th, 2022 at 12:43am
Print Post  
Quote:
In fact it is kind of overdue for a TDM week.

Bump

Wink

IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #9 - Mar 11th, 2022 at 1:37am
Print Post  
Hey man, be patient  Grin, April Fools is coming.  Wink

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #10 - Mar 11th, 2022 at 2:25am
Print Post  
TankBeef wrote on Mar 11th, 2022 at 1:37am:
April Fools is coming

Good memory, Tank. What Tank is referring to is that every April 1st we do TDM for a week, with "Joke" maps, as well a lot of the custom bots I use on here will be put on all at once for the week.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Se7eN

Hello

Reply #11 - Mar 11th, 2022 at 7:46pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint