Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic isle is down at the moment (host error) (Read 987 times)
Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

isle is down at the moment (host error)
Sep 16th, 2021 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
The island server is offline, my host says they didn't get my automatic payment, but paypal indicates it was sent. We are trying to figure it out.

Meanwhile if the mountain goes down tomorrow, it is probably the same thing.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Re: isle is down at the moment (host error)
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2021 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Hmmm...Helen, I hope everything gets sorted out, but...you have to be careful, cause I smell something fishy, first they change the IP addresses, and now this. I don't think they should shut down your servers just because of some payment issue, they should at least give you a couple of weeks, especially if you have been a faithful customer for years and have never been behind. I have no idea if that host changed ownership or management, but I feel they should handle these things better.  Sad

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2021 at 12:20am
Print Post  
The Isle is back up, it is sorted out. It probably their issue (rather than paypal's), because in the support ticket, they just said it was taken care of without saying what happened. I have been mostly satisfied with them. It is a bit odd that they have a zero grace period if you have a late payment. It was also a bit awkward to sort out because, although their support is 24/7, their billing department is 8am - 5pm, but they are in Europe, so any of my communications with them did not get to the billing department until the next day.
Oh well!
Hopefully this was a one time thing.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #3 - Apr 17th, 2022 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
The isle is down but will be back Monday. The server host stopped accepting paypal auto payments, but did not tell me this fact when my invoice was due. Yeesh. The tech support is online, but the billing department works Monday - Friday.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint