Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Game troubles (Read 3774 times)
Hostile

Hello

Game troubles
Jun 14th, 2021 at 3:24am
Print Post  
So before I patched the game to 469a or b UT was very unstable. The game crashed all the time. The ED wouldn't work, no animation when I played on servers, on, and on.
I'm running win7 , with UT patched to 469b. Runs like a dream. Loving the mouse settings, along with a few other settings.
The thing is, I have to ctrl, alt, del, ..end process. Then start game again to lunch the game after I reboot windows. It happens no matter what I do. Can reload the game from scratch. Run any patch, still same thing. That's 1 problem. I'm assuming its a registry problem in windows, but don't know how to fix. I've tried the reg. fix program for UT to no avail. Angry

Another problem is with new patch on certain servers. They will not let me in. Says I failed an MD5 check multimesh.u. If I go back to previous patches, no problems. Confusing thing is, the servers are patched to 469. Huh What gives? I've searched the internet, but haven't really found anyone with this problem? Shocked

One last thing is probably something to do with the patch. MiseryII starts, I can hear the sounds, but it will not run. Ran good many times until one day it didn't. I'll have to reboot the game. Has anyone else had these problems, or is it just me? Doubting I'll register anywhere else to ask these questions.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,  baffle them with bullsh.t

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Re: Game troubles
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2021 at 3:38am
Print Post  
First paragraph: I can't quite tell what you are saying. It runs like a dream but... ok how about one thing at a time? What is one issue?

Second paragraph: Those "certain servers" have some sort of anti-cheat running that is just doing their job. There are versions of of multimesh.u that are accepted, but your version is from a new patch, so even though it is a fix, it is not on the accepted list yet because it is so new. I think you have to contact the servers in this case and report to them that they are rejecting a valid file, and they can put it on their whitelist.

Third paragraph: Misery - probably we need to get the first paragraph sorted out first before tackling this one. But if you want, after you have this issue, post your unrealtournament.log contents and we'll see if we can spot anything.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hostile

Hello

Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2021 at 4:04am
Print Post  
My game will not start after I click on it. I will have to control, alt , delete to bring up windows task monitor, end UT process. Then click program again before it will start, and play. This happens no matter what patch I have, it has been happening for months now.

The misery problems has just started as of late. no other changes. It just started one night. played the map a few times then just quit. on your server or local game.

Same on the server in question played one night , no changes, the next night no play, Im sure its the server, but thought someone may had a fix or suggestion on a setting. It's no big deal. I just don't play on that server. Zzclanzz. Sparky, and reddog likes to play there, but they had to back patch to 451 to play there. It runs to good with the new patch to go back. The thing is they patched the server to 469 and now it won't accept anyone running 469  Shocked

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2021 at 5:29am
Print Post  
Hostile wrote on Jun 14th, 2021 at 4:04am:
I will have to control, alt , delete to bring up windows task monitor, end UT process

Ok, do that. Try to start it, do the ctrl + alt + delete to get task manager, then kill the process. At that point, get the contents of the unrealtournament.log and post it here.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2021 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Ok, a few things, as a 469b user. In my case, all of Helen's server maps are working fine, including Misery.  So far, the only server that isn't letting me in is Dawn's, but I have not much interest in playing there anyway, their maps are too weird for my taste. I have played zzclanzz recently without trouble.
Hos, any issue you have with the patch I recommend reporting at github. They found the cause of the Orion's Curse crash and it is scheduled to be fixed on the next one. I also reported some crashes on ChaosUT KOTH maps, also confirmed, and also getting fixed. I like the patch, some people are trash talking about it, but I don't care, I am sticking with it.
Yes, post your ut log to see what is up.
EDIT: Why are spark and redd on 451 patch? Are you sure, Hos? That patch is for servers only, at least I think so. I once made the mistake of using it, and it messed up my client really bad.  Sad
EDIT2: Oh, you are on Win7, wow, does it still work these days? And the 469b runs well under it?
EDIT3:Oh wow, Hos!!! You are correct. They did change something at zzclanzz. I got the error right now.
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2021 at 12:52am by TankBeef »  

Multimesh_error.png ( 84 KB | 35 Downloads )
Multimesh_error.png

IP Logged

Hostile

Hello

Reply #5 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 3:01am
Print Post  
Helen wrote on Jun 14th, 2021 at 5:29am:
Ok, do that. Try to start it, do the ctrl + alt + delete to get task manager, then kill the process. At that point, get the contents of the unrealtournament.log and post it here.

After fresh install to 436 patch, I erased log from were I installed game. Restarted windows, then started the game. of coarse it didn't start. then I ctrl + alt + del shut down ut. Says it was running, went to log file, nothing, empty. Started it again. It came up. I shut it down normally. Went to file. logged all OK. large text file. probable to big for here. here is part of it. This all started when I went to Win 7 pro 64bit. I'm pretty sure it's in windows? Huh

Log: Log file open, 06/14/21 21:29:20
Init: Name subsystem initialized
Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1 (Build: 2600)
Init: Version: 436
Init: Compiled: Oct 24 2000 23:40:18
Init: Command line:
Init: Base directory: C:\UnrealTournament\System\
Init: Character set: Unicode
Log: Bound to Engine.dll
Log: Bound to Core.dll
Log: Bound to Window.dll
Init: Object subsystem initialized
Init: Computer: 3.3GHZ
Init: User: DGood
Init: Memory total: Phys=1048575K Pagef=2097151K Virt=2097024K
Init: Working set: 32000 / 159000
Init: CPU Speed=3292.621219 MHz
Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=4
Init: CPU Detected: PentiumPro-class processor (GenuineIntel)
Init: CPU Features: CMov FPU RDTSC PAE MMX KNI
Init: Unreal engine initialized
Log: Bound to WinDrv.dll
Init: Mouse info: 0 0 0
Init: Initializing DirectDraw
Log: DirectDraw drivers:
Log:    display (Primary Display Driver)
Init: DirectDraw initialized successfully
Init: Client initialized
Log: Bound to Render.dll
Init: Lighting subsystem initialized
Init: Rendering initialized
Log: LoadMap: Entry
Log: Bound to Fire.dll
Log: Bound to IpDrv.dll
Log: Game class is 'UTIntro'
Log: Level is Level Entry.MyLevel
Log: Bringing Level Entry.MyLevel up for play (0)...
ScriptLog: InitGame:
ScriptLog: Base Mutator is Entry.Mutator0
Log: Browse: Entry.unr?Name=}-{ostile?Class=Botpack.TMale2?team=255?skin=SoldierSkins.blkt?Fa
ce=SoldierSkins.Malcom?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne
Log: LoadMap: Entry.unr?Name=}-{ostile?Class=Botpack.TMale2?team=255?skin=SoldierSkins.blkt?Fa
ce=SoldierSkins.Malcom?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne
Log: Bound to UWeb.dll
ScriptLog: Team 255
ScriptLog: Login: }-{ostile
Log: Possessed PlayerPawn: TMale2 Entry.TMale0
Init: Input system initialized for WindowsViewport0
Log: Opened viewport
Log: Bound to OpenGLDrv.dll

Exit: Object subsystem successfully closed.
Exit: Exiting.
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Memory Allocation Status
Uninitialized: Curr Memory  0.037M /  0.746M
Uninitialized: Peak Memory  546.701M /  548.516M
Uninitialized: Allocs          45 Current /  875291 Total
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 06/14/21 21:29:30

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #6 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 3:46am
Print Post  
Naturally its going to be win7 64bit that is the problem!
Lame suggestion #1: see if you can find the word "critical" in the log.
Not a bad suggestion #2: trying using openGL.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Ray
Ultimate Member

Feed me!

Reply #7 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 4:11am
Print Post  
This is why I haven't upgraded to 469, not all the bugs have been worked out yet.

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #8 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Update: last night I got disconnected twice, all bot matches.
1-Malevolence: could not start the match. When I rejoined, the bots had already 20+ frags, so of course I did not win that one, although I tried my best.  Grin
2-Misery: Did start the match, but connection failed after 10 frags.
You know, if some of it is 469 related, I could report, but I have seen some where they will tell you "oh, that is a server thing, it is up to the server admins to update their files, bla bla bla...". You know, like with the Darkmind engine (?) file thing. Yes, but Hos is right, that zzclanzz is now 469, and they are rejecting 469 clients, but not the others. Sad
(I just put that server as example, I played it mostly because of redd and spark, but it even has some sort of weird vibe, so not my favorite)
Link to both matches (Polina won, of course...)
http://birdieman.com/stats/2021/06/20210615.2246.19.DM.Malevolence.7777.htm
http://birdieman.com/stats/2021/06/20210616.0024.18.DM.MiseryII.7777.htm

IP Logged

Hostile

Hello

Reply #9 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 2:54am
Print Post  
TankBeef wrote on Jun 16th, 2021 at 1:00pm:
but it even has some sort of weird vibe, so not my favorite

Don't care for it ether. slut bots, and questionable maps. Not very family oriented.  Embarrassed

TankBeef wrote on Jun 16th, 2021 at 1:00pm:
last night I got disconnected twice, all bot matches.

Next time I have trouble with those maps, I'll get the log, and see whats going on. I'm sure it's not helens server. It does  seem to bog down from time to time. Especially when the low pingers (50 or below) show.
If we are in a head to head battle, I'll watch them shoot were I was , then I wake up dead.  Roll Eyes
The price I pay to live in gods country. Or on the farm as helen calls it.

Ray wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 4:11am:
This is why I haven't upgraded to 469, not all the bugs have been worked out yet.

Yeah, but it works better for me. The good out weighs the bad Wink

IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #10 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 3:25am
Print Post  
Hostile wrote on Jun 17th, 2021 at 2:54am:
Yeah, but it works better for me. The good out weighs the bad Wink

Yes, exactly. And this is why I want the patch to succeed. There are a lot of things included in it that you would have to look for separately otherwise. The latest renderers, mouse wheel and 5 button support, font scaling...you know, on Ferali's Nali Weapons 3, the nuclear explosions on the test maps would crash the game, someone created a memory patch somewhere to fix that, but with the 469, the memory patch is not necessary, that has been fixed, you can go all the way with the weapons, it is really something beautiful to watch, that things like this are still possible with this "really old" engine, but yes, for be able to have all that, it has to be tweaked and updated. This is what I have to say.

IP Logged

medor

Hello

Reply #11 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Right click on the UT.exe and set compatibility XP pack2 The close UT probably will work

Put the right files for your MD5 check http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=Patches/&file=UTBonusPacks_ManualInstall.ra...

In your UT.ini change sound AudioDevice=ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem for AudioDevice=Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem

anything more ?    Cool

IP Logged

Hostile

Hello

Reply #12 - Jun 18th, 2021 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
medor wrote on Jun 17th, 2021 at 12:25pm:
Right click on the UT.exe and set compatibility XP pack2 The close UT probably will work

This does not work, I've tried compatibility for all different operating systems. Matter of fact, it is set just how you stated here now. compatibility, audio I've tried administration, priority, all different ways. nope same o some o.

I tried also your link, but can't seem to get it working ether. Embarrassed
I will search the internet on the MD5 check. 

Thanks for your reply. Wink

IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #13 - Jun 18th, 2021 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
On a side note...

medor wrote on Jun 17th, 2021 at 12:25pm:
In your UT.ini change sound AudioDevice=ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem for AudioDevice=Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem

You know, I would really love to use Galaxy instead of OpenAL, the driver has more punch, but...in 469 some sounds go missing, at least that has been my experience. The minigun goes mute for a few seconds, for example. I reported that issue also. But the thing is, there are reports at github of all three drivers: OpenAL, Galaxy and Cluster. Hoping they fix some of these next, but in the meantime, OpenAL is the one giving me least trouble, but yes, it also floods the log a lot.

EDIT:1- Tonight played bot matches From Malevolence to Misery, with no crashes or connection fail.  Smiley I will attach screenshot.
2- Tried to join Jb-Chud earlier, Hostile and Java were playing, got the render.u mismatch. I removed the file, so far UT does not seem to miss it.
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2021 at 4:06am by TankBeef »  

Shot01947.png ( 5060 KB | 33 Downloads )
Shot01947.png

IP Logged

medor

Hello

Reply #14 - Jun 19th, 2021 at 6:20am
Print Post  
CRC32: 07904E4C
MD5: 55297A4ECD0BF8AADD6AF8AC8E3E83EA
SHA-1: 256C429466135F33665D001EC0706F6CE20228D3

IP Logged

Hostile

Hello

Reply #15 - Jun 20th, 2021 at 3:55am
Print Post  
was playing, sputtered a good bit tonight with all the low pingers. tried to reconnect, no better. then we got to misery CRASH! had to ctrl + alt + del kill game. have this in log

ScriptLog: Login: }-{ostile
Warning: Failed to load "Texture CommandoSkins_Cop.copi5cooper": Object not found: Texture CommandoSkins_Cop.copi5cooper.
Log: Possessed PlayerPawn: TMale1 Entry.TMale114
Init: Initialized moving brush tracker for Level DM-MiseryII.MyLevel
DevAudio: Cluster SetViewport: WindowsViewport0
ScriptLog: Getting SGirl_HelenTeam003.helt1T_0, SGirl_HelenTeam003.helt2t_0, SGirl_HelenTeam003.helt3t_0, SGirl_HelenTeam003.helt4helen
ScriptLog: Getting CommandoSkins.daco1, CommandoSkins.daco2Ramirez, CommandoSkins.daco3, CommandoSkins.daco4
Log: Possessed PlayerPawn: medSpectator DM-MiseryII.medSpectator0
Warning: Failed to load "medMunitionCross000": Can't find file for package "medMunitionCross000"..
Warning: Failed to load "Texture medMunitionCross000.flak": Can't find file for package "medMunitionCross000"..
Warning: Failed to load "medMunitionCross000": Can't find file for package "medMunitionCross000"..
Warning: Failed to load "Texture medMunitionCross000.rocket": Can't find file for package "medMunitionCross000"..
Warning: Failed to load "Texture medMunitionCross000.rocketlock": Can't find file for package "medMunitionCross000"..
Warning: Failed to load "Texture medMunitionCross000.bio": Can't find file for package "medMunitionCross000"..
Warning: Failed to load "Texture medMunitionCross000.flak": Can't find file for package "medMunitionCross000"..
Warning: Failed to load "Texture medMunitionCross000.mini": Can't find file for package "medMunitionCross000"..
Warning: Failed to load "Texture medMunitionCross000.pulse": Can't find file for package "medMunitionCross000"..
Warning: Failed to load "Texture medMunitionCross000.ripper": Can't find file for package "medMunitionCross000"..
Warning: Failed to load "Texture medMunitionCross000.shock": Can't find file for package "medMunitionCross000"..
Warning: Failed to load "Texture m

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #16 - Jun 20th, 2021 at 4:13am
Print Post  
I'm currently working on a fix for the medMunitionCross000 warnings.
That's not the cause of your issue though.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Hostile

Hello

Reply #17 - Jun 20th, 2021 at 4:42am
Print Post  
Java say's I need to go back to 469A. Think I'll try that.
I'm tring to figure out what to do with what medor posted as well.

IP Logged

TankBeef

Hello

Reply #18 - Jun 20th, 2021 at 5:01am
Print Post  
Hostile wrote on Jun 20th, 2021 at 4:42am:
Java say's I need to go back to 469A. Think I'll try that.

No Hos, no 469A. Either 469B or 436. If you go back to A, you will have trouble with DM-Coke][ and HD textures, for example. Revelation's Hyperion will give you palette error. FNB's Spaceport will freeze and crash. Who knows what else. Not worth it, believe me.
Oh, and BTW tonight I confirmed that the render.u is indeed a dummy file, you can remove it, UT will still work without it, and no more mismatch with that file.

IP Logged

Hostile

Hello

Reply #19 - Jun 20th, 2021 at 8:38am
Print Post  
ok so what caused the no start, was I had to put UT in programs instead of c drive. fixed a few problems. Yes 469 A has its issues. So back to B, things getting better. Now my largest resolution is only 1280x1024. Have been running 1920x1080 but may be better with the lower res. we'll see. but pretty sure I can fix that lil problem if I need to.

Now for the MD5 check Angry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint