Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Optional custom crosshair PER WEAPON (Read 8535 times)
Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Optional custom crosshair PER WEAPON
Apr 22nd, 2018 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
On the mountain and island, I have made it so that you can have a different crosshair for each weapon. You just have to know how to make a texture file.

You do not have to provide the alternate crosshair for every single weapon, only for the weapons you want to override. The other weapons would just continue to use your normal crosshair.

I have provided example texture files here:
www.birdieman.com/downloads/medMunitionCross000.utx (made for 1920 x 1080 desktop resolution and higher)
www.birdieman.com/downloads/medMunitionCross000.utx.1680x1050  (made for 1680 x 1050 desktop resolution and lower, take the .1920x1080 off the end of the file name)

This has an alternative for each crosshairs in it just so you can see them working, but again, you do not have to override every one. If you drop this into your textures directory, and then join the servers and pick up some weapons and start scrolling through them, you'll see a crosshair for each of them. Some examples:

Mini:

Rocket:

Sniper (NOT zoomed in!):

Hammer:

Ok here are the basic requirements.

The name of the file MUST be: medMunitionCross000.utx
You have make an edit to the system\medMunitionConfig.ini file, open that up, find where it says useMedMunitionCross=false, and change it to useMedMunitionCross=true.

For the crosshairs you want to override, their corresponding texture names would be one of these:
bio
chainsaw
enforcer
flak
hammer
mini
pulse
rezzer
ripper
rocket
rocketlock
shock
sniper
sniperscope
supershock
trans

The majority of the textures need to be 64x64 pixels. The exceptions are:
  • sniperscope, this is 256x256 pixels.
  • rocketlock, this is 16x16 pixels.

All textures must be 256 colors or less (but you know that already Smiley )

So for example if you just wanted a custom crosshair for mini and flak, you have a texture file called medMunitionCross000.utx, and it would just have two textures in it called flak and mini. That's it really.

Any questions let me know.
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2021 at 10:53pm by Helen »  

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Re: Optional custom crosshair PER WEAPON
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2018 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
Hi H,
I created a medMunitionCross000.utx folder, but I can't open your utx file to add to it.  It says it's in unknown format or damaged.  Even from your Birdieland site. Can you add it as a server package?

Thanks!

IP Logged

medor

Hello

Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2018 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Can we do an animated crosshair ?
Like this logo http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2306

IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #3 - Apr 22nd, 2018 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Will try in about half an hour. If I get it working I'll PM you with details @ 21. Also regarding Medor's post....would be pretty cool I gotta say!  ....that decision is up to Helen sadly. I recommend it though. Maybe even with a scoping sound! I must say though, it's good to see Helen messing around with Textures a lot more recently. The blue gun turned out amazing, think everyone is happy with it but not 100% sure. Good idea though ^5 medor! Cheesy

Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #4 - Apr 22nd, 2018 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
21 wrote on Apr 22nd, 2018 at 8:46pm:
I created a medMunitionCross000.utx folder...

Not quite sure what you did, but you don't create a folder. If your ut lives at C:\UnrealTournament for example, then the location of the file would be C:\UnrealTournament\Textures\medMunitionCross000.utx

I tested the download file, it is good, maybe try downloading it again if you had a corrupt download.

medor wrote on Apr 22nd, 2018 at 10:28pm:

I will try that out next weekend, my coding is done for this weekend Smiley

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #5 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 3:53am
Print Post  
Okay so I tried with Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.  Instead of downloading, this is what happens when I click on the file:

Áƒ*žE  <------------a whole page of this stuff!!!
)@
¼ú
§ú
@@
—g@@
lC¢
æ
GGGGGGG//GGG//GGGGG///GGGG@@

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #6 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
This morning I did the download process on my work laptop, using chrome, and it was all good. When you click on the download link, you might have a default option set (in chrome) to "open" the file. You need to change it to "download" the file, or for it to ask you if you want to open it or download it, so you can then choose to download it.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Ultimate Member

Hello

Reply #7 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Lesson for today...Old people like me should just uninstall the game and leave all this fancy computer stuff to young people...lol.

Okay got it working. Whew.  Normally when I click on a file to download, it gives me options.
However, this one didn't.  When I clicked on it, the message was that it was corrupt, etc.  So I assumed it wasn't downloading. Just now I checked my downloads files and there it was as a Winrar file.  I just dragged it to textures and now it works. 

Anyway, I love the new scopes.  Wish I could use them everywhere!  Thanks for the help.

« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2018 at 4:34pm by 21 »  

IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #8 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
21 wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 1:18pm:
Okay got it working. Whew.Normally when I click on a file to download, it gives me options.
However, this one didn't.When I clicked on it, the message was that it was corrupt, etc.So I assumed it wasn't downloading.

This message is common "This archive is corrupted or damaged" when there is a pre-existing file association such as to open this type of file with this program....etc.

Yeah i got them showing up simply by adding it to textures, however.....need's more unique crosshairs!  Grin Do like the color switch for say Minigun, rocket, shock, my flak is still lovely orange etc. Not so crazy about the sniper scope but while switching to zoom I can see where even the color makes sense, keeps it consistent. Overall I'd rate in current state 7 out of 10. First....it works. As described so there is 5 points regardless. Second it's at least ut2004-isshhh with the Auto changing colors so that helps. So point for that too. Plus some like the flak crosshair seem to be almost taken from Unreal 2 The Awakening, so visually they fit too...another point! Keep it going H! Possible for a grey or dark red scope line/xhair? Although to be fair I have indeed seen a orange snipe xhair with multiple games, mostly high tech based shooters.

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #9 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 2:41am
Print Post  
Hey guys, to repeat, YOU GET TO EDIT THIS FILE! All those crosshairs in there are just examples, you get to CHANGE THEM TO WHATEVER YOU WANT!

That is the gist of this, not for me to push my crosshairs on you, but for you to choose and make your own if you want. That is why it is not a shared package file, because everybody can have their own version. So:

• Tried it but don't like it? Just rename the file to _medMunitionCross000.utx, and the medMunition mutator will not use it!
  • Like some of them but not others? Open the texture file, rename the ones you don't want to use to have an underscore in front, and they will not be used! Your normal crosshair will be used!
  • Want your own custom crosshairs to appear? Then add them to the file and follow the naming conventions! (and the sizing and color rules).

I'm so excited! lol.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #10 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 3:38am
Print Post  
Awesomesauce. Will try editing a couple myself and post my results Cheesy

IP Logged

vankuss

Hello

Reply #11 - Apr 30th, 2018 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
does this change the sniper's crosshair when zoomed in (secondary fire)?
other weaps are using the normal patsui crosshair which i use, but i didn't modify anything.
not that i don't like it, am just wondering

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #12 - Apr 30th, 2018 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
The example file does have a sniper zoom yes. But that is up to you if you want to use it, you get to edit the file, all details above.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #13 - May 10th, 2018 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Edited two of my own but will make more and release here as a pack but my xhair progress so far. I'm a huge fan of multicolored crosshairs so.
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2018 at 11:50pm by RiTALiN »  

RiT_xHairs.zip ( 1 KB | Downloads )
RiT_Xhair1.png ( 3 KB | Downloads )
RiT_Xhair1.png
RiT_Xhair7.png ( 3 KB | Downloads )
RiT_Xhair7.png

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #14 - May 11th, 2018 at 3:40am
Print Post  
groovy, thanks for sharing Smiley

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #15 - May 13th, 2018 at 4:31pm
Print Post  

Yes. You have to make the animation yourself though using multiple textures. If someone wants to try that, let me know and I'll post the steps with an example.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #16 - May 14th, 2018 at 9:29pm
Print Post  

Was actually gonna ask this same question!

Helen wrote on May 13th, 2018 at 4:31pm:
Yes. You have to make the animation yourself though using multiple textures. If someone wants to try that, let me know and I'll post the steps with an example. 

Let's do it! I'll see what I can come up with.

IP Logged

Helen
YaBB Administrator

hello

Reply #17 - May 16th, 2018 at 3:14am
Print Post  
RiTALiN wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 9:29pm:
Let's do it!

a. First you have to "make" your animation. This is just a sequence of textures that when flipped through fast enough, it looks like it is showing animation. Think of each texture as a frame in a film. It can be a one-shot film, or a looping film.

b. Import your textures into the package. Only the first texture in the sequence has to follow the naming rules above. So if you are doing an animation for the rocket launcher, then the first texture must still be named "rocket". The others can be named what you want, but here is my suggestion for naming so that they are in order in the package: rocket, rocket02, rocket03, rocket04, ... etc. The extra zero helps for when you have 10 or more frames, it really helps to have them in order in the package.

c. In the package editor, right-click on the first texture ("rocket"), and click Properties. The first property you see is Animation. Expand this. Then you will see a property called AnimNext. Type in "rocket02" (without the quotes) and press enter. Then close the property window for the texture. Then right-click on "rocket02" and repeat, except of course AnimNext will be "rocket03". This is how you chain them together.

d. If this is a one-shot film, you do nothing with the last texture in the sequence. If this is a looping film, then you point the last texture to the first texture.

e. Now right-click on the first texture again and select properties. Expand Animation. Ok change the MaxFrameRate value to 5. You should now see your animation in action in the picture on that property window! Experiment with the MaxFrameRate. A higher value makes it go faster.

Let me know if you need more detail.

One of the Scriveners.
IP Logged

RiTALiN

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Reply #18 - May 16th, 2018 at 4:58am
Print Post  
Cool, picking up 16GB's of RAM in the morning. Will try in the afternoon. Thank's for the instructions!

IP Logged

medor

Hello

Reply #19 - May 16th, 2018 at 6:22am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint